Unfiltered Audio Lion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

evo2slo wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:56 pm Thanks for the hotfix. Quantization and filter working great now.

Two major issues that it would be nice to see addressed are the MIDI Input Gate not functioning with the envelope Trigger ...
Hey thanks for this video and the comments. Let's focus on this for a minute- what behavior do you want to get exactly in this video? Do you want it so that any time you hit a new note, the AD envelope fires which brings up the master output gain?
Josh, Co-Founder of Unfiltered Audio:
http://www.unfilteredaudio.com

Amusesmile wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:11 pm
evo2slo wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:56 pm Thanks for the hotfix. Quantization and filter working great now.

Two major issues that it would be nice to see addressed are the MIDI Input Gate not functioning with the envelope Trigger ...
Hey thanks for this video and the comments. Let's focus on this for a minute- what behavior do you want to get exactly in this video? Do you want it so that any time you hit a new note, the AD envelope fires which brings up the master output gain?
Yes. The Envelope should retrigger whenever a MIDI Input Gate is activated. The Trigger light is lighting up when a key is pressed, but the envelope is inactive as shown in the video.

edit: Just checked and it is working fine with the LFOs, retriggering them with the MIDI Input Gate whenever a key is pressed, just the ADSR and AD Envelopes seem to be not working properly as far as I can tell.

May be this already'v been reported.
When mousing over MIDI Input's "N" and "V" output, it shows mini Note instead of midi Note.
May be I didn't know about mini Notes though.

Btw, thanks for the update.

Is there a way to bypass the effects for one oscillator?

Xbucket wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:33 am Is there a way to bypass the effects for one oscillator?
Nope
Fx are post mixer EDIT: post pan, which comes after the filter after the mixer(page 4 in the manual, after the front page, index and a screenshot)
You could always layer 2 instances

About other matters: oversampling DRASTICALLY changes the output sound wise. And also kills the cpu. It is nice to have separate OS for real time and offline.

People who received a $99 intro offer code is this shareable or not?

About the manual: a few lorem ipsum sneaked into the final version.

Worst sounding synth i heard in a long time.
More BPM please

More words?

dionenoid wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:40 am Worst sounding synth i heard in a long time.
Hmmm... I'm not to sure about that, myself. The patches made by Tomavatar sound pretty great. :borg:
Last edited by plexuss on Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

dionenoid wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:40 am Worst sounding synth i heard in a long time.
I find it funny when people talk about synths sounding bad without any specifics.
Its like saying "my car sucks because it always drives to the worst neighborhoods."

some people need excuses to not get involved into something deep and therefore make up things so they can believe it.
maybe he is one of them.

anyhow, lion is in my top 3 favorite synths, next to avenger and hive.
the osc-section alone is a treasure trove and i prefer the lion way of assigning mods over the bitwig way because it is all in one window.

speaking of window. is it somehow possible to scale the screen estate independently from the windows size? if not would you consider implementing it?

thank you for this synth and your work.

mschenkel wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:04 am
Xbucket wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:33 am Is there a way to bypass the effects for one oscillator?
Nope
Fx are post mixer EDIT: post pan, which comes after the filter after the mixer(page 4 in the manual, after the front page, index and a screenshot)
You could always layer 2 instances

About other matters: oversampling DRASTICALLY changes the output sound wise. And also kills the cpu. It is nice to have separate OS for real time and offline.
i also mentioned that in this thread, that sound differences between oversampling are big, but there is oversampling for real time and offline.. they are called

on

off

I wish that were true, (unless it is the only synth you have heard in a long time). I didn't want to like this, but it sounds inspiring.

BUT! I've use my voucher this month, so can't afford it.

Given the video uses the selling point that it is based around Byome and has two oscillators (with some unique features). I can essentially, make my own (cut down) Lion by loading Byome into Cherry Audio's Voltage modular as a VST. Then have as many oscillators / additional modulators as I want.

So this has inspired me to have a play this evening.

No-one can tell me if the $99 voucher was personal use or sharable?

Return to “Instruments”