Unfiltered Audio Lion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

passive aggressive off topic post to assert annoyance that someone would start moderating this thread now after the hundreds of trash posts before the synth was even released. *sticks out tongue*

If/when people shop posting vouchers, and once people stop arguing about posting vouchers, this thread will be on page 2 within a day. The hype is over.

are there any community presets available?

graspee wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:12 pm
stearine wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:37 am Topic: Unfiltered Audio Lion
Not topic: free vouchers

In other words please stop polluting the thread.

Trade forum: viewforum.php?f=43
A lot of the vouchers being posted are specifically $99 vouchers for Lion and a lot of people in the thread, myself included would not own Lion if it were not for the kindness of strangers posting them.
I suggest you leave moderating the thread to the actual moderators.
Same thing for me, I wouldnt own lion at its regular price. Thanks to every kind people for posting vouchers.
Last edited by Julien Unison on Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

I am slowly getting used to LION.
Besides using the Byome FX filters, is there a way to add another regular filter? You can have just one of those, correct? I was thinking of setting it up with a parallel configuration, but maybe there is some other way to do that.

zoidkirb wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:57 pm If/when people shop posting vouchers, and once people stop arguing about posting vouchers, this thread will be on page 2 within a day. The hype is over.
Don't think so. My impression so far is Lion is going to be used a lot by me and others, it's remarkably versatile even if the impulse is to go into distortion.

Thanks Greenstorm! I just got the Lindell 6X-500 preamp for 4USD with your code! I'm using the one I got in the e-mail for the matching comp as well.

deejay2 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:02 pm are there any community presets available?
165 Presets For Unfiltered Audio Lion Now Available - AUDIO

h2ogun99 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:31 pm October $25
2019-09-25-25UKA
I was able to use this one, big thanks! :hug:

I guess there isn't a way to add another main (versus FX) filter. I wrote to their support a few times about different issues and I have no answers so far. I thought maybe I was missing something as it is semi-modular and maybe there IS a way.

If you can't add another filter in the standard way (so you can have osc 1 to filter 1, osc 2 to filter 2, or other settings such as series), then I would wish they could add that feature. :)

Yeah...i don't get this weird idea that with huge (flagship) synths, 1 poly filter is enough. It is truly limiting (serum, massiveX, lion, rapid, etc)

I open synths with 2 (or more) poly filters way more often (icarus, dune3, falcon, zebra, hive, etc)
Last edited by exmatproton on Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Julien Unison wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:07 pm Same thing for me, I wouldnt own lion at its regular price. Thanks to every kind people for posting vouchers.
Me neither, but thanks to the kind & sensible people posting their vouchers on appropriate parts of the forum, I do. It wouldn't hurt to consider the alternative instead of arguing.

machinesworking wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:41 pm My impression so far is Lion is going to be used a lot by me and others, it's remarkably versatile even if the impulse is to go into distortion.
Aside from the streamlined UI that's typical of Unfiltered Audio, I didn't see much appeal in this synth - in fact, like many others I thought the presets sounded bad - until I heard some lovely dirty & phat FM sounds in a demo. I think Unfiltered Audio shares some "DNA" with Glitchmachines, but I tend to think UA makes better UI's. The key similarity is quick experimenting in sound design, partly attributable to controls being set up in a way that facilitates "managed randomness". I think in Lion it manifests best in FM-style sound design with organic but shamelessly digital soundscapes.

Some people don't like the dirt & grit, and perhaps it does sound a bit too harsh on its own, but at the very least it's a good sound texture generator, and with help from some external filters perfectly usable virtually anywhere.

There is a lot of potential with Lion. I think it only suffers from a limited number or patches. The ones it does have are quite unique and exotic and are begging to be used in something, they just don’t seem to be immediately useful, for the most part.

Hopefully they will include a whole host of common sounds in the near future that we can use as a springboard into further sonic territories.

stearine wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:13 am
Julien Unison wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:07 pm Same thing for me, I wouldnt own lion at its regular price. Thanks to every kind people for posting vouchers.
Me neither, but thanks to the kind & sensible people posting their vouchers on appropriate parts of the forum, I do. It wouldn't hurt to consider the alternative instead of arguing.
Ascribing a mental illness to someone is literally the most idiotic and immature possible thing to do on a forum. It is, among other things, very insensitive to people that suffer from ODD or have loved ones that do. Grow up, and or go away. You have clearly defined yourself as the troll, good work and welcome to my block list. Go somewhere that your hypervigilance is helpful.

Return to “Instruments”