N.I. Straylight...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sounds very good, but I can't help but think that is primarily due to the quality of the sample itself and the reverb. Now if I could just purchase the samples ..

Looks really good but I can get similar results with Omnisphere 2. I like that you can have several grains independently looping. I'm not sure about the $150 they're asking. Frankly, this is a $60 instrument...at best.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

mholloway wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:55 pmapparently every dude and his retarded cousin is a "cinematic underscore composer" these days.
Or maybe the issue is retarded forum members assuming that everything a company releases is targetted at them :shrug:

This is clearly a niche product, seemingly targetted at musicians that work to deadlines, who need instruments that are flexible enough to allow for a large sound palette while also having enough restrictions to keep the workflow tight.

Native Instruments are right when they suggest that it's difficult finding proper source material that works with granular synthesis. Giving musicians 'that' sound without them having to waste hours trying to sculpt beautiful soundscapes, when all they seem to be getting are stuttering fart sounds.

Maybe they will open it up to import samples, at some point. Until then, There are tons of granular instruments to satisfy those experimental urges :shrug:

noiseboyuk wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:12 amI’m curious enough to kick the tires on this particular one.
Is that like kicking tyres? :P

Does Kontakt require Reaktor to run?

I understand this requires something called a "computer" to run ? I've heard they can be quite expensive.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

chk071 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:54 am Does Kontakt require Reaktor to run?
No. But it requires Komplete Kontrol. Which is a Reaktor ensemble. So yes.

:lol:

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:50 am
Is that correct? Does it actually require KK to run?! Thought it was just a regular Kontakt Player instrument?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 12:44 pm Is that correct? Does it actually require KK to run?! Thought it was just a regular Kontakt Player instrument?
It even requires a human to operate, a major design flaw. When do we finally get cloud based AI in virtual instruments?
[/all just irony]

Naaah... :) It only requires Kontakt Player.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:50 am
:lol:

Kontakt does not require Komplete Kontrol to run.
Komplete Kontrol was built with Reaktor but it is not a Reaktor Ensemble. There is no Komplete Kontrol.ens on disk at all.
Last edited by jancivil on Fri May 24, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wagtunes wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:02 pm It's basically The Mangle with 2.5 gigs of samples.

Yawn.
Well, samples is exactly what Mangle lacks. Can't create smooth or harmonic sounds without smooth, harmonic content in first place.

I'm really dissapointed with Mangle, as its GUI turned out be totally counter-productive. I spent more time fighting with it than creating actual sounds.

EDIT: Product page https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... tent=owned
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Anybody bought the product to give us some extra feelings?

Return to “Instruments”