Powerful synths that are CPU friendly?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

my computer could be a lot better and prefer my synths to not be cpu monsters. I have zebra2 and it is amazing in this regard. What are some other amazing synths that wont kill your cpu?

Sylenth1 and NI Massive.

Hive 2.

Tone2 synths are impressively low cpu for the capabilities. For a nice vintage analog emulation, OPX-Pro II is very light on cpu. Phonec also. Some of the old NI synths like FM8 use almost nothing, same for Absynth for the most part (some of the functions introduced in later versions can use a bit of cpu).

OPO
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

most stuff that is "powerful" will eat your cpu if you start to actually use it's power

there are also pretty simple synths that will eat your cpu from the off

Surge
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

Arcsyn
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

IMPOSCAR, BLUEII, PREDATOR2, ARTURIA STUFF, SYLENTH1, FM8, DEXED

dune_rave wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:11 pm IMPOSCAR, BLUEII, PREDATOR2, ARTURIA STUFF, SYLENTH1, FM8, DEXED
how are rob papens synths?

Crizzle wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:11 pm
dune_rave wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:11 pm IMPOSCAR, BLUEII, PREDATOR2, ARTURIA STUFF, SYLENTH1, FM8, DEXED
how are rob papens synths?
They are "ok". What i don't like about those, is that they run @ ~20 fps.....quite annoying. Especially coming from something like Rapid, which is running at a steady 60 fps (and quite light on the cpu, until you really stretch it's legs)

DUNE....1,2 or 3....

High quality sound with very low CPU hit :)

Zebra 2 is another winner....
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:55 pm

Zebra 2 is another winner....
Surprised it wasn't mentioned sooner.
Very CPU friendly for what it does.

It actually was mentioned by the OP in the first post. Hard to mention anything earlier than that.
exmatproton wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:25 pmThey are "ok". What i don't like about those, is that they run @ ~20 fps.....quite annoying. Especially coming from something like Rapid, which is running at a steady 60 fps (and quite light on the cpu, until you really stretch it's legs)
Promise me this is a joke, please. 60fps is nearly three times the frame rate of cinema and a complete and utter waste of CPU cycles. 12fps should be more than adequate for something as totally unimportant as a soft synth interface. After all, any animation you get is purely decorative and serves no useful purpose.

Basically, anything more than 10 years old should be very light on a modern CPU, as they were made for far less powerful machines.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Synthman2000 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:01 pm Sylenth1 and NI Massive.
You also forgot Synth1
but just those 3 really. :lol:

Return to “Instruments”