Hive 2.0 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Great release, a no-brainer for the 20 € upgrade cost!

Couldn't find anything about NKS previews on the website, but I found the link here :D
Download is slooooooooooooooooooooow :P

muki wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:05 pm is this any different from the sanityCheck's-thread RC version or the same ? (both are 8676)
Same build. No difference.

Oops, I meant to put this here... :lol:
Congrats on another great release!

Unfortunately whenever I try to open Hive 2 in Ableton 10.1 Live crashes instantly. Any advice?

(Hive 2 works fine in my Bitwig 3.01 Beta though)

Dartelec wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:58 pm Unfortunately whenever I try to open Hive 2 in Ableton 10.1 Live crashes instantly. Any advice?

VST2 or VST3 or AU or all of them?

Nice knobs
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

The new UI is a major improvement! So much more readable and viewable at a glance.

Congrats Urs, looking great :tu:

Dartelec wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:58 pm Unfortunately whenever I try to open Hive 2 in Ableton 10.1 Live crashes instantly. Any advice?

Hive 2 VST 2 works fine here in Ableton 10.0.6. (I just have this crackling sound from time to time :clown: )
Advice? I tend not to jump on the lastest thing to quickly to give it time to settle down and let the bugs drain out. (so still on VST2 and 10.0.6).

Hive 2 working fine here in Ableton Live 10.1

OK, some updates. There is some registry entry mess up etc going on, because now Hive opens both in Bitwig and in Live, but the product registration (which worked earlier) fails. I tried to remove the VST3 components and install Hive again. Propably I have done something wrong.

Dartelec wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:13 pm OK, some updates. There is some registry entry mess up etc going on, because now Hive opens both in Bitwig and in Live, but the product registration (which worked earlier) fails. I tried to remove the VST3 components and install Hive again. Propably I have done something wrong.
Hive 2.x has a difference serial number than Hive 1.x. Request you licenses from the u-he site and it'll contain a new Hive 2.x serial number.

Thanks, but I have the Hive 2 serial number and I was using that.

Dartelec wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:13 pm OK, some updates. There is some registry entry mess up etc going on, because now Hive opens both in Bitwig and in Live, but the product registration (which worked earlier) fails. I tried to remove the VST3 components and install Hive again. Propably I have done something wrong.
Please contact support at u-he dot com... the registration has nothing to do with the registry - all be store in the registry is the install path.

I'm not familiar with typical issues, but some thing that I think could happen:

- using Hive 1 serial in Hive 2 (or vice versa)
- having Hive 1 installed in parallel to Hive 2
- sometimes after registration the host needs to be restarted
- sometimes the Hive.data directory is write protected, e.g. when not installed in user's documents location (could happen when Hive 1 was installed in Program Files back then)

Anyhow, the guys in the office are really good at figuring out which one it is, but of course we've had an extremely busy day and everyone is in private mode until tomorrow morning...

A thing of beauty. Thank you!

Return to “Instruments”