Hive 2.0 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

How good is u-he!?! I'll tell you how good - I bought a second-hand license for Hive 1.2 from someone in the marketplace here and even though all I needed from u-he was a license transfer, they are giving me the upgrade for free. I had no idea so I paid for the upgrade yesterday, only to find a refund notice from ShareIt in my email this morning. I queried it with u-he, as I am more than happy to support developers like them, but they confirmed that I qualified and it was free. A lot of other companies could learn a thing or three from these guys.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I only had a few moments to play with it before I had to go out of town, but I'm impressed. Some of the new sounds in the video are really nice, and I can see myself using them. €20 upgrade is completely worth it, imo, even though I got it during the grace period.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

BONES wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:04 am How good is u-he!?! I'll tell you how good - I bought a second-hand license for Hive 1.2 from someone in the marketplace here and even though all I needed from u-he was a license transfer, they are giving me the upgrade for free. I had no idea so I paid for the upgrade yesterday, only to find a refund notice from ShareIt in my email this morning. I queried it with u-he, as I am more than happy to support developers like them, but they confirmed that I qualified and it was free. A lot of other companies could learn a thing or three from these guys.
Awesome! :tu: lovely stuff.

exmatproton wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:14 am
BONES wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:04 am How good is u-he!?! I'll tell you how good - I bought a second-hand license for Hive 1.2 from someone in the marketplace here and even though all I needed from u-he was a license transfer, they are giving me the upgrade for free. I had no idea so I paid for the upgrade yesterday, only to find a refund notice from ShareIt in my email this morning. I queried it with u-he, as I am more than happy to support developers like them, but they confirmed that I qualified and it was free. A lot of other companies could learn a thing or three from these guys.
Awesome! :tu: lovely stuff.
Is it because the seller bought Hive 1.x within the grace period ?

Wow! What a fantastic update! Some of the new presets are really interesting - instant Bjork - and that's got to be one of the fairest update prices... ever!
Is anyone experiencing that after installing you are being asked with every instantiation for the serial number?

kelvyn wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:28 am ...Is anyone experiencing that after installing you are being asked with every instantiation for the serial number?
Hi Kelvyn, can you try one thing first? After you enter name and serial number and Hive2 accepts it, close Hive and your DAW too, then restart DAW and Hive. This already fixed it for some users.
If that doesn't change anything, contact support[at]u-he.com and we'll help.

Cheers!
Viktor

cowby wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:06 amIs it because the seller bought Hive 1.x within the grace period ?
Not necessarily. But how often do you have the chance to get praise from BONES?

(it would actually be rather difficult to distinguish between previous owners from within the grace period or not. It would have been more work for us, and in case of a dispute we might not be allowed to unveil the original date of purchase by the previous owner due to privacy laws)

Urs, I have to say that you are really doing it the right way (fantastic sounding plugins, fantastic upgrade prices, great customer care, rare sales without ever forgetting your loyal customers ...). a big :tu: from me, I'm happy to be a longtime u-he customer and fan :clap: :clap:

The unshushable Coktor wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:37 am
kelvyn wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:28 am ...Is anyone experiencing that after installing you are being asked with every instantiation for the serial number?
Hi Kelvyn, can you try one thing first? After you enter name and serial number and Hive2 accepts it, close Hive and your DAW too, then restart DAW and Hive. This already fixed it for some users.
If that doesn't change anything, contact support[at]u-he.com and we'll help.

Cheers!
Viktor
Hey Viktor

Thanks! That did the trick.

Gosh wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:06 pm Urs, I have to say that you are really doing it the right way (fantastic sounding plugins, fantastic upgrade prices, great customer care, rare sales without ever forgetting your loyal customers ...). a big :tu: from me, I'm happy to be a longtime u-he customer and fan :clap: :clap:
:tu: :phones:

cowby wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:06 amIs it because the seller bought Hive 1.x within the grace period ?
Not unless they sold it to me just a few weeks after they bought it, which would be weird, and the support person from u-he said that my license transfer qualified me for the upgrade, which I suppose we should take literally (especially in light of Urs's comment).
Urs wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:55 amBut how often do you have the chance to get praise from BONES?
Every time you use your brain instead of spouting drivel. It's not that hard, really, just uncommon around here.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

yay! it is the real bones.
i was worried hed been replaced by a clone or synthetic...

Quoting myself from Hive thread in UHE forum. Went to sleep before I posted that. Had nightmares I was the worst synth programmer in the world :cry: I guess it REALLY bothered me that I couldnt figure it out lol.
Butwug wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:06 pm One thing I haven't figured out yet is the function tab. Read the manual to see if I could make out what it does but couldn't figure it out. Not saying the manual is poorly written, but I'm 100% sure it's because my synth skills are poorly developed :lol: If someone can explain this with something simple to understand, such as how it can be applied to cutoff, I would appreciate it! Tried using the cross hairs on the rise/still/env but failed miserably and it's gonna bother me all day at work.

Butwug wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:42 pm Quoting myself from Hive thread in UHE forum. Went to sleep before I posted that. Had nightmares I was the worst synth programmer in the world :cry: I guess it REALLY bothered me that I couldnt figure it out lol.
Butwug wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:06 pm One thing I haven't figured out yet is the function tab. Read the manual to see if I could make out what it does but couldn't figure it out. Not saying the manual is poorly written, but I'm 100% sure it's because my synth skills are poorly developed :lol: If someone can explain this with something simple to understand, such as how it can be applied to cutoff, I would appreciate it! Tried using the cross hairs on the rise/still/env but failed miserably and it's gonna bother me all day at work.
We will have a tutorial video or two.

To get started, simply use the init preset (right-click value display on top), go to the Scope and drag the FG1 Envelope onto it. Then, raise A and D and see what happens. It's a simple envelope. There's nothing special to it.

However, if you drag an LFO onto the Input field of the FG, that envelope now gets triggered on each LFO cycle.

If you drag the ModWheel onto the input field, you can manually trigger that envelope each time you move the ModWheel up from the 0-position. This is where the a-ha moments start. You can use the Function Generators to do something based on the interaction with other things.

They are utterly simple beings. But they connect with other modulations. Thia makes them very flexible. When I create modular patches with my Eurorack stuff, I never use ADSR-envelopes anymore and I hardly ever use LFOs. I pretty much only ever use Function Generators for either task.

BONES wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:46 am Right. Haven't had a chance to play with it yet, got it installed this morning and then had to go to work. I was just going by the image on the first page. It's one of the things I like best about Hive - everything where I can see it so it's good to know that hasn't changed.
One of the biggest U-turns I've ever seen :)
How the mighty sometimes end on their proverbial knees choking on their own stupidity.

Return to “Instruments”