Phase Plant released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Let me make this real simple. I have 21 licensed snapins. Can I use them all, fully functional, if I buy the cheapest PP option for $118?

wagtunes wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:46 am [snip]
Does anybody here know for certain?
I just emailed them asking. I'll post the reply when I get it. :phones:

wagtunes wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:46 amDoes anybody here know for certain?
I don't. But I have to say, if the snapins I own don't work in PP, that is a new level of insanity I wasn't prepared for.
Last edited by morelia on Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

yehboy1 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:14 pm While standing on one foot, eating a banana, and juggling three cats.
Sorry, that is an EXTREME EFFECT and not allowed per the rules.

plexuss wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:24 am
morelia wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:15 am What if I don't want Phase Plant? As an owner of everything except PP and 2 snapins I have 2 options. (a) Buy PP and the 2 snapins to upgrade my Everything Is Awesome bundle @ $142, (b) buy the 2 snapins (which is all I want) at no discount @ $58. :clap:
Right. So, wait for a sale. I think what is disappointing is the PP release with no intro sale, which is fairly common otherwise. But there are sales often so keep an eye out! :party: :phones:
Yes I know I can wait for a sale. Just pointing out what appears (possibly only to me) to be an additional pricing cockup.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

morelia wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:15 am
wagtunes wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:46 amDoes anybody here know for certain?
Nope. But I have to say, if the snapins I own don't work in PP, that is a new level of insanity I wasn't prepared for.
My thoughts exactly.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:48 am Let me make this real simple. I have 21 licensed snapins. Can I use them all, fully functional, if I buy the cheapest PP option for $118?
It's pretty clear how it works on the Phase Plant page. PP is agnostic as to which edition you bought, it checks if you have a particular Snap-In licensed (notice the time it takes to scan plugins on load). If a Snap-In isn't licensed it still loads, you just can't change the parameters on it. If the 21 you have are all that you want, then get the basic one. That's what I would get considering I have The Works. Why would I have to buy it all over again?

yellowmix wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:22 am
wagtunes wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:48 am Let me make this real simple. I have 21 licensed snapins. Can I use them all, fully functional, if I buy the cheapest PP option for $118?
It's pretty clear how it works on the Phase Plant page. PP is agnostic as to which edition you bought, it checks if you have a particular Snap-In licensed (notice the time it takes to scan plugins on load). If a Snap-In isn't licensed it still loads, you just can't change the parameters on it. If the 21 you have are all that you want, then get the basic one. That's what I would get considering I have The Works. Why would I have to buy it all over again?
Logically, that makes sense. And after clicking on the upgrade info for each package, it appears that is in fact the case.

Having said that, the only 2 snapins I'm missing are the ensemble and flanger. The flanger I can live without but the ensemble appears to be a major snapin as far as adding to the functionality of PP unless there is a built in ensemble effect, which seems unlikely.

So in my case, I'd have to go for the $145 option. Still not bad.

Right now I'm on the fence.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:28 am Right now I'm on the fence.
If you haven't already do not try the demo or else you'll end up with it. :) :party: :party: :party:

plexuss wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:34 am
wagtunes wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:28 am Right now I'm on the fence.
If you haven't already do not try the demo or else you'll end up with it. :) :party: :party: :party:
I have no doubt it's excellent. Just watching the video tutorials I can tell that I would really love this thing. It is ridiculously flexible.

Of course I never expected to love MSF but I do after finally coming to terms with the GUI.

I have bought very little this year relative to previous years. I'd like to keep that going because I really want the Warp IV brass and woodwind ensembles and they're a nice chunk of change at $1,300.

plexuss wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:48 pm Disclaimer: Everything below is only my opinion and I am probably wrong.

... However it is in the same ball-park price-wise as MSF ($340) and Falcon ($350) and is definitely in the ball-park with them functionally and sonically. And with the slick UX I'd argue it's in a new, better class of synth (that UX design!)
Yes you are wrong, I mean if you were saying that is more straightforward and perhaps gives you more instant access to all options, it might be true. But this is only true because Phaseplant doesn't have the deepness, possibilities and versatility that MSoundFactory and Falcon has for each module and FX possibilities, also because you barely need to go trough tabs, one of the main reasons some people dislike the last two.

Don't get me wrong, It might be a nice and powerful synth; but we also need to be realistic and understand why things are how they are.

With all respect.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:28 am Having said that, the only 2 snapins I'm missing are the ensemble and flanger. The flanger I can live without but the ensemble appears to be a major snapin as far as adding to the functionality of PP unless there is a built in ensemble effect, which seems unlikely.

So in my case, I'd have to go for the $145 option. Still not bad.
There is a Chorus Snap-In in the Toolbox Free edition though the Ensemble certainly is very nice. Kilohearts was doing $9 Snap-Ins last December so you may want to wait for another similar sale (or perhaps a 50%) if you can live without it for a bit. But the $145 would get you the flanger too so it's probably a wash.

I'm glad they didn't put the two EQs in PP Toolbox Pro which would have inflated the price unnecessarily. The free 3-Band EQ is plenty, and you can stack them if you really need to.

JunSev wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:46 am But this is only true because Phaseplant doesn't have the deepness, possibilities and versatility that MSoundFactory and Falcon has for each module and FX possibilities, also because you barely need to go trough tabs, one of the main reasons some people dislike the last two.
Sure, no built-in synth effect comes close to Melda's kitchen-sink FX. But I think a synth needs to be evaluated holistically, and workflow is very much a part of that, where PP excels. In most cases I would turn to PP before MSF because I don't have time to work with that modulation system and I can get great results quickly with PP. I don't mind menu diving but it costs money.

Also, the point of the Snap-Ins is elegant simplicity and synergy, which works really well in PP. Melda-style FX in PP would bog it down and be non-poly, and KH FX in MSF would actually speed up the workflow and be fully poly. PP and MSF simply have two different paradigms but ultimately can deliver the same level of results, so get both and enjoy the best of both worlds.

Where did you get $118 from? It's showing US$169 when I look at it.
JunSev wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:46 amPhaseplant doesn't have the deepness, possibilities and versatility that MSoundFactory and Falcon has for each module and FX possibilities
How long have you spent with PP? I'd say it is far too early to know whether or not it can match it with those other things. In a year people might be doing things your average Flacon user couldn't even dream of.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:57 am
Where did you get $118 from? It's showing US$169 when I look at it.
JunSev wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:46 amPhaseplant doesn't have the deepness, possibilities and versatility that MSoundFactory and Falcon has for each module and FX possibilities
How long have you spent with PP? I'd say it is far too early to know whether or not it can match it with those other things. In a year people might be doing things your average Flacon user couldn't even dream of.
If you log in to your account, it will show you what your upgrade cost is. For me, for the 2nd option which is priced at $199, it costs me $118 to upgrade. You won't see it if you're not logged in.

Return to “Instruments”