Phase Plant released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

BONES wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:14 am That's because you are looking at it wrong. PhasePlant can have as many oscillators as you want, even if you only want one. OTOH, Avenger always has 8, whether you need them or not. i.e. Avenger will always be complicated, where PP can be very simple. That's why I like it - simple things are quick and easy and it only gets complex and messy when I need it to.
Avenger does not always have 8 oscilators. You can use between 1 and 8 where you can add more when needed. Same is true for other features like e.g. the MSEGs, step sequencers, Arps, pitch envelopes and LFOs where you can use between 1 and 8 (or 1-4 for the LFOs). It is possible to use 1-4 filters and route the oscillators to them. Also the FXs are not fixed, you can add those that you need for a specific patch.
So it can be either very complex or simple.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Here's a little overview of the new Unison modes in Phase Plant. :love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUA7U5jyKrQ

New Unison modes are awesome :)

But : vst3 versions don't replace vst2 versions. In other words : you gotta have to keep your vst2 versions installed for backwards compatibility. Hope Khs can fix this, it's no use keeping both versions installed....
More BPM please

Been working with it more and I actually like it very much, more than in the beginning. With this & Synthmaster I can realize all sounds I need. The new unison modes are great and creative.

hmm...If I buy inidivual plugins on sale now, will the professional toolboxes be discounted when I decide to get them later? Or will I buy twice?

XxEDxX wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:21 pm Been working with it more and I actually like it very much, more than in the beginning. With this & Synthmaster I can realize all sounds I need. The new unison modes are great and creative.
As someone who hasn't used Phase Plant or Synthmaster, what kind of sounds would you prefer to make in Synthmaster vs PhasePlant? Trying to figure out how these synths could fit into my toolbox.

bnz wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:56 pm hmm...If I buy inidivual plugins on sale now, will the professional toolboxes be discounted when I decide to get them later? Or will I buy twice?
Yes, it will be cheaper. That's how I got it. Bought a few things cheap and then upgrade.

Ingonator wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:19 amAvenger does not always have 8 oscilators.
The point, as I explained previously, is that whether you use them or not, the facility for them is still there and it is still something you have to deal with. This is especially true when you are editing someone else's patch and you don't know how many oscillators or filters or envelopes they have used, so you have to check them all to be sure. OTOH, with PP you can see straight away exactly what has been used.
dionenoid wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:29 pmyou gotta have to keep your vst2 versions installed for backwards compatibility. Hope Khs can fix this, it's no use keeping both versions installed....
I don't think it can be fixed as I believe VST3 instruments have to have a different ID. That is the reason I don't install VST3 versions of anything if there is a VST2.4 version available. If I install both, I get duplicates in Cubase, which is really annoying, and I gain no advantage whatsoever from using the VST3 version.
bnz wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:56 pmhmm...If I buy inidivual plugins on sale now, will the professional toolboxes be discounted when I decide to get them later? Or will I buy twice?
I've never seen the toolboxes on sale but they have these sales on individual snap-ins on a regular basis and they are always different. I just buy them as they come up and I now have almost all of them, all bought for half-price.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:47 am
Ingonator wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:19 amAvenger does not always have 8 oscilators.
The point, as I explained previously, is that whether you use them or not, the facility for them is still there and it is still something you have to deal with. This is especially true when you are editing someone else's patch and you don't know how many oscillators or filters or envelopes they have used, so you have to check them all to be sure. OTOH, with PP you can see straight away exactly what has been used.
Sorry but i do not understand this. By default you only have a single oscillator in Avenger but you can add more with the "+" button (up to 8 of them).
Same is true with MSEGs, filters, LFOs etc. where you can add more if needed but only have a single one by default.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

OK, my bad for making the assumption they'd always be there, like they are in every synth I own. Avenger is about three times more than I am willing to pay for a VSTi so I have never even looked at it. I hadn't looked at PP, either, until they had a $99 sale.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Could someone tell me how to install the VST3 version :help: I've installed the latest update via kilohearts installer, but I cant see the VST3 version in Cubase. I also checked the settings page in the kilohearts installer ... no option for VST3 or something :?: Hopefully Snap Heap gets VST3 support soon :pray: ... then i can finally use the sidechain trigger :hyper:

audiot wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:09 pm Could someone tell me how to install the VST3 version :help: I've installed the latest update via kilohearts installer, but I cant see the VST3 version in Cubase. I also checked the settings page in the kilohearts installer ... no option for VST3 or something :?: Hopefully Snap Heap gets VST3 support soon :pray: ... then i can finally use the sidechain trigger :hyper:
I can install VST3 in the KH installer when i click the settings tab at the top right. You maybe have to upgrade to 1.85 first for it to be available though

Dizzler94 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:36 pm
audiot wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:09 pm Could someone tell me how to install the VST3 version :help: I've installed the latest update via kilohearts installer, but I cant see the VST3 version in Cubase. I also checked the settings page in the kilohearts installer ... no option for VST3 or something :?: Hopefully Snap Heap gets VST3 support soon :pray: ... then i can finally use the sidechain trigger :hyper:
I can install VST3 in the KH installer when i click the settings tab at the top right. You maybe have to upgrade to 1.85 first for it to be available though
:? i've downloaded the latest installer, but i dont see that option :bang: Strange ... I need to check my VST3 path in the registry. Thank you anyway Dizzler94 :tu:

audiot wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:19 pm
Dizzler94 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:36 pm
:? i've downloaded the latest installer, but i dont see that option :bang: Strange ... I need to check my VST3 path in the registry. Thank you anyway Dizzler94 :tu:
:shrug: ... i have no clue why i dont see the VST3 option. My settings page has only two checkboxes: VST2 and AAX ... no VST3 :? But it's not a big deal. For instruments i usually dont care about VST3, but when Snap Heap gets VST3 support and I still cant get it working, I will cotact their support.

*edit
More BPM please

Return to “Instruments”