One Synth Challenge #124: MSoundFactory by MeldaProduction (Schiing Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Voted! Lot's of diversity drawn out with this crazy contraption. Pretty cool.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Voted.

Voted!

Voted, good work everyone :D

Some one line comments to "replace" writing on SC due to my slow ADSL.

Eauson MSoundFactory : I like the ambiance of the groove and pauses, reminds me of some IDM that I enjoyed, the structure of the piece could have some more surprises.

Inoculated Substate: well the sound story behind the beat is great, quite SciFi, I'm not a fan of this trance style, but you put good creative dimensions in the sound design.

Daydream : love the strings swells, arrangement good, the melody is ok, the drums and plucked arpeggio could be better.

Never Go Full 11: the start is super cool, nail on sounds! Reminds of minimal IDM, or To Rococo Rot actually.
Maybe too much use of 1/4 figures?

Cranking Out The Widgets: mix isa bit weak, but the composition is fun, psycho soft funk electro, LOL

Laid Back Jazz: I hate the title, come on DC! But this is a full 5 for me this month, the feeling through it is wonderful.
And the open middle section at first sounded too different but actually gives a strong mood to the quiet ending.

Barriers Will Not Break Us: unconventional in a way that I really like, also reminds me of fusion jazz of the seventies,
plus a contemporary twist that brings a fresh breeze. Not for everyone, but for me yes.
Last edited by liqih on Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Next bunch:

Voices: Beginning is classic, but the real good comes later with whistles and voices, those make the difference.

Evanescent: loving the almost silence in the beginning, do you like Sigur Ros? Also nice and simple melody, juts the plucked sound is too cheap for my ear.

transit ion: good D&B intentions, not fully supported by the mix punch maybe. Still a very enjoyable groove, I would like to remix it.

Msoundjungle: I like some of the ideas in this, the out-of-control feeling should be more integrated with all sounds I think, or get rid of pads and use percussions only.

Piper Meets The Twittering Machine And Passes By: here more junglish-industrial environment, quite fun, story teller a la classical.

Ultronic Techronicity: frog robots in a Japanese kung fu movie, fun.
The arrangement is a little flat as in of a cartoon that could have supported it.

Rewind: You need Depeche Mode singer for this, or someone else from that era. Nice but a bit empty.

The Un: peh peh pah pah puh, nice. Good mix, stands powerful, but I can't relate much to the guitar stabs and the overall feel of the mood. As English says: not my cup of tea.

Midnight at the Gulch
: I relate better to this mood, very nice composition in my book, it needed(deserved) more work on mix sound design.

And the others:

The Construction Of Your Angst: meaningful title, the snare could be larger or more reverberated, vocals sounds helps the drama, nice... The arrangement is a bit confused.

The Burr: The intro is promising, but the development seems not up to that, makes me feel let down.

Fungi: A fantasy/horror theme, goods sound but the melody and the arrangement are a little boring.

Circus Payday: That "weeeahh" glide is cool, but that's all I like in this track.

Winds of an Empty Kingdom: Nice intro, when the arpeggio starts a new less percussive sound should take it. The flute theme is good but not 100% convincing, as the performance goes.

Hat Parade
: I think this as typical European cartoon music from the eighties. Like that it can work.

Arctic Frontier: Great use of the synth for an orchestral theme. I respect that. But the film soundtrack genre like this is not my thing, so I can just say : well done.

Bou: Another synth "orchestral£ theme, more Rock than the previous, good drums, decent sound design. Not a memorable melody but a well made track.

4-7-8: Nice relaxed atmosphere, the nice melody could be good for a song. So what I find weak is only that it makes me feel that a human singer is missing.

my 2C

@liqih
Nice to see your comments!
If you are serious about remixing my track - drop me a PM... I would love that!

Voted! Enjoyed most of the tracks a good bit. Threes aren't signals of disapproval, merely an attempt to intelligibly order tracks.

@liquih: Thanks! I really appreciate the feedback. I'm keenly self-aware of my mixing struggles, and I'd welcome any tips you might have on how I could have improved it/can improve future mixes. I'm grateful for the feedback, even if nothing specific about how to make a bad mix better springs to mind.

Voted

@liqih,
Many thanks for.feedback and thanks to all who commentated or just listened on SC :tu: :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Thanks @liqih for the kind words. Perhaps I should rename the track to "Liqid Cooler" ??? :?

Also, thank you to those who have left me comments on my SC account as well - all very much appreciated.

dB

Voted! MSF brought out a very strong variety of styles. Really enjoyed listening to everyone's tracks!

doctorbob wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:23 pm Thanks @liqih for the kind words. Perhaps I should rename the track to "Liqid Cooler" ??? :?
Ha..ha... I was joking you know, "Laid Back Jazz" is ok for a demo, but your theme is beautiful enough
to deserve some kind of Jazz Standard title, like In a Syntie Mood, or Take Me Home Darling, <wink>
whatever your inspiration was.

liqih wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:54 pm Inoculated Substate: well the sound story behind the beat is great, quite SciFi, I'm not a fan of this trance style, but you put good creative dimensions in the sound design.
Thank you liqih for your kind words :)

Return to “Instruments”