One Synth Challenge #124: MSoundFactory by MeldaProduction (MSoundFactory Prize added!)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
vert-hex
KVRer
14 posts since 8 Dec, 2017

Post Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:44 pm

@schiing MSoundFactory comes with a number (if not most) of Melda plugins as internal fx. I didn’t install anything except MSF, and I still have it all included in MSF. I don’t think you run audio through the plugin though, so you can use them to your heart’s content as long as it’s within MSF.

J.Ruegg
KVRist
230 posts since 16 Mar, 2013 from Lima - Perú

Re: One Synth Challenge #124: MSoundFactory by MeldaProduction

Post Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:58 pm

This thing is :shock: ... I can't even . . .

I would nominate this as one of the definitive tools for synthesis, really really well featured packed.
Takes some time to understand it, but then, the possibilities are endless :wheee: .
It's soooooooooooooo deep.

I'm liking it, this will be an intereting month. I also expect some huuuuge tunes showcasing all the different aspects of it.

Really deep synth... really deep ...

schiing
KVRist
309 posts since 27 Oct, 2015

Post Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:00 pm

Thanks @vert-hex!

Wow, that's quite a bargain for such a vast amount of effects - I might actually go for that by the end of the month! :love:

It's fun and different to play with this synth in OSC. Most synths featured in the competition don't have a lot of effects, so we usually have to stay pretty close to the original waveforms in our productions. But with all of this stuff at our fingertips, we can make entire soundscapes with a single saw!

MorphedDreams
KVRer
18 posts since 29 Apr, 2019 from Zagreb, Croatia

Post Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:11 pm

Hm, am I not seeing it? I seems to me that MSF doesn't have sample and hold for modulation option, it has random on note but what if I would like to have long note and modulate it ever 1/16?

MorphedDreams
KVRer

Post Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:55 pm

One more question, does anyone know is there a way to send output of one plugin to multiple plugins?

basa333
KVRer
23 posts since 26 Apr, 2019 from CZ

Post Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:09 am

first steps with this synth :o . I hope for fast learning :wink:

Leonard Bowman
KVRist
55 posts since 4 Jul, 2018 from North Carolina, United States of America

Post Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:34 am

@morphedDreams:
Sample and Hold is probably in the "random" modulators. I'm not entirely sure but it's worth a look. Alternately, you can make the LFOs do a tempo-synced sequence; it's not the same but still has plenty of potential.
re: output routing- I think that depends on your DAW. unless you are talking about the blocks within MSoundFactory, for which case you can use the mixer or merger units. Right click for a routing menu.
Just my 2^(2/1200)

MorphedDreams
KVRer

Post Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:28 am

Thx Leonard, I checked random modulators they doesn't have it as I see it, maybe I'm wrong, closest is Note random 1/2 but it's not the same.
Yes, I was talking about blocks within MSF, what I'm looking is opposite from mixer and merger they merge multiple inputs in one output, I was looking for one input sending to multiple outputs, guess I'll have to do it in DAW yes.

zarf
KVRist
424 posts since 20 Jan, 2013

Post Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:03 am

I think you can do it within the Generator matrix using the right click routing menu that Leonard mentioned?
On any plug, right click, and choose the lane that you want to be the input. You could, say, have an oscillator in lane 1, routed to every lane in this way?

Is that what you mean?

Gone soft
KVRian
939 posts since 3 Oct, 2011

Post Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:57 am

MorphedDreams wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:11 pm
Hm, am I not seeing it? I seems to me that MSF doesn't have sample and hold for modulation option, it has random on note but what if I would like to have long note and modulate it ever 1/16?
Have you tried the random modulators (Random 1, Random 2 etc) with smooth set to minimum? Not sure which speed value is equivalent to 1/16...

zarf
KVRist
424 posts since 20 Jan, 2013

Post Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:59 am

I wonder if anyone here can give me a pointer to where I can find information about how the 'building blocks' in the generator section work (Envelope...Math...Mul...Set etc etc, that bunch of modules)... totally confused here!

I'm familiar with max, bidule, that kind of thing, but here I'm lost :?

I've been looking around the various forums and threads and the manual - but not finding anything yet. Of course could have missed it... hence this reqest to you all... Any clues, those of you who are ahead of me in this please?

basa333
KVRer
23 posts since 26 Apr, 2019 from CZ

Post Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:38 pm

I have tried to create a snare sound... terrible. No chance today. Kick drum for 50%. Presets are no usable (for me). A very hard work, really.

Leonard Bowman
KVRist
55 posts since 4 Jul, 2018 from North Carolina, United States of America

Post Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:00 pm

basa333 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:38 pm
A very hard work, really.
it puts the "challenge" in One Synth Challenge!

@morphedreams you might be able to use the mixers and mergers to send one thing to multiple places as long as you don't "steal" the source. If you have a merger on each of the lanes you want to send to, then they can each recieve the output you wanted.
They do what you want, but you have to look at it from a different direction.
Actually, you might be able to set the input lane for other types of blocks. if so, just set all of your receivers to that one lane you wanted to multiplex.
Just my 2^(2/1200)

MorphedDreams
KVRer

Post Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:18 pm

@zarf and @Leonard, yes it's so simple, on next plugins just chose inputs and you get parallelism, great, thx

MorphedDreams
KVRer

Post Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:27 pm

@gone soft, thx, I will try to play with smoothness of random modulator

Return to “Instruments”