One Synth Challenge #124: MSoundFactory by MeldaProduction (Schiing Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My entry for OSC #124 with MSoundFactory: Film score style with geopolitical undertones!

https://soundcloud.com/terjefjelde/arctic-frontier

Great synth, endless possibilities. Might just buy!

DAW: PreSonus Studio One Professional
MSFs: 29 patches from init
ProEQ: 7
IVGI: 1
Master: ProEQ -> BootEQ -> DD Reverb -> GStereo -> Unlimited
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

@Schiing : great track !
Nice influence too, 5 stars .
Best
YY

Whywhy wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:08 pm @Schiing : great track !
Nice influence too, 5 stars .
Thanks, friend!
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

schiing wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:50 pm My entry for OSC #124 with MSoundFactory: Film score style with geopolitical undertones!

:hail: :hail: :hail: You ought to give a masterclass in composition, arrangement and sound design some time. This is simply brilliant.

exponent1 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:19 pm :hail: :hail: :hail: You ought to give a masterclass in composition, arrangement and sound design some time. This is simply brilliant.
Thanks so much! :)

Haha, I'm not sure my workflow would make sense to anyone, though! As a video masterclass it would certainly have been in the running for longest and most confusing YouTube tutorial ever.

here my submission for OSC 124
https://soundcloud.com/user-236567915/msoundjungle

I have to say, this synth was really a challenge for me. to much of all imho. a hard thing.
on another side, a mighty instrument, sure (probably only for pro's :wink: )

studio one
12 x msoundfactory
built-in limiter
built-in EQ
Last edited by basa333 on Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Powerful synth, but probably gonna have to skip this one, just like with Waverazor, feels like there is no point of learning during two weeks/month trial all ins and outs, all the nuances, the unconventional approach to programming of the synth if you are not going to buy it. Just doesn't feel worth of a hassle :( I'm really new to OSC and some of the OSC rules with this type of synth becomes vague to me, because it seems that this synth is based around its generator, which can generate all sorts of things, but it's not clear whether everything can be used or not.

schiing wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:50 pm My entry for OSC #124 with MSoundFactory: Film score style with geopolitical undertones!
wow it's a masterpiece :hail:

Truly superb! really nice arrangement work and top-notch sounds. I like the almost-real-brass and almost-real-strings sounds you programmed. did you use any samples or is everything pure synthesis?

Thanks so much for the love, guys - truly appreciated!

No samples - the bases for the horns and strings are generally pretty simple: Slightly altered saws and sines duplicated, detuned, modded, transformed, panned and mixed into filters.

And there's very little FM - I didn't get around to that. For metallics and effect sounds I used stuff like harmonics, morphers, transformers and whatnot. Lots of fx, all over the place!

The whole process was quite anarchic, really - truly the definition of a kid in a candystore. :)

Funny aside: Almost every sound I made with this thing ended up really superwide - I had to reduce the stereospread with something like 30-50% on virtually everything!

The 1 month trial is now set up. If anyone wants to take advantage of this please send me a pm with subject line 'MSoundFactory trial' and I will send you the details.

Also Melda will be offering a prize for this competition :party: :party: :party: Details to follow...

My first impression - I felt like opening fruity loops on top of the Ableton :D I couldn't find how to start to build my own preset and I thought I downloaded the wrong plugin - some sort of preset player or something similar. Then I watched beginning of the video from the first page of this thread and still couldn't figure it out how to get that grid for modules. Then completely by coincidence I noticed that small "edit" button :D

Anyway once I discovered that and the handy ctrl+H feature (which is essential since the interface doesn't have any tooltips on mouse over) I started to like it. It is really deep and not that immediate, but should be easy to make any sound as soon as I'll crack the workflow.
YT | SC | FB | IG | earror :ud: KO :ud:

MSF has definitely taken some warming up to. Very unconventional, yet extremely powerful. Starting to get an idea together for my track. Acidjent?

deleted wipness
Last edited by TheNeverScene on Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

This synth is like using 3ds max, you add a function, then see you in the properties of the properties of the properties's panel where some bezier curve awaits your evil tweakings! :lol
I feel at home :D

This is too difficult for me.
These synths with so much editing alternatives would be much nicer for beginners with a version that uses random generators.
Just global parameters to adjust, and a random button, on the default window and then a second window with all the sources listed with a checkbox. Those sources with a check mark use the random generator and those without use the default or latest setting.
Yes, much of the resulting sounds would sound terrible but you just push the random button until you get something usable. Then you can save it as a patch.

Return to “Instruments”