Nothing on Softube's web page yet :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I like how Aging knob "adds noise, drift, grit, mojo, dungeons & dragons" :D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Is there no other way to get to softube presets these days without that separate preset collection window opening? Is that somehow supposed to be convenient? I think it's Softube's worst Goober since Gobbler.
Last edited by dblock on Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Preset management is horrible...and the sound didn't grab me either.

2.1GB demo download

cereal

don't get me started on the shitty preset browser. or this new "Malibu School Newsletter" teal shit.
Softube should just go back to rockin the f**k out.
Or change their name to Softcock maybe.

ok, I'm done. I spent time screwing around this preset window collection nonsense for the last time. The preset window collection thing is a time AND screen waster and makes this a deal breaker for me. I just want a simple 1 click browser that opens up the presets like most other plugins out there without this big external box opening up taking up all the screen real estate. I don't need a bunch of distractions every time I want to load a preset like photos of who made the presets, a bunch of colorful boxes,posters and emblems to stare at. To me Softube made a simple thing like scrolling through presets complicated. They didn't have to try reinventing the wheel here. This is the exact opposite of my idea of what a workflow improvement looks like. It's a mess. Back to Trilian where the sounds are all laid out in front of me in the same window. :dog: :dog:
Last edited by dblock on Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:44 am, edited 6 times in total.

double post.

v1o wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:43 pm Looks like it is sample based. Appears similar in concept to the new FAW SubLab, which is also a bass synth that uses samples, but with a few more features.
I'm not familiar with Sublab, but I was going to say it reminds me of Trilian by spectrasonics. There is a demo available.

I have now tried five times to download Monoment from my account and in the last second the download always aborts.
Tried to download it with a downloader app, worked. However the installation of the program doesn't finish, aborts "The installation failed"...
In Softube Central the (already iLok activated) demo software for automatic installation is not listed either.
Sorry, I'm out of here!

Softube Central has also been broken for some time.

We're having some issues with Softube Central log-in and iLok account linking right now. We are doing all we can to find a solution as soon as possible. As a workaround, please use the direct installers.

There's no direct installers for Mac, website says to use Softube Central. I haven't found the magic rabbit hole yet.

If you have requested a demo (clicking on "Try Now") and got the confirming message, that a trial license was deposited in your iLok account, then you should find the installer under "Not Installed" in the Softube Center menu.
I searched the installer myself for quite some time including opening up Softube Center more than once, but miraculously managed to overlook the menu everytime.
I hope this works for you too.

amwk wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:22 pm If you have requested a demo (clicking on "Try Now") and got the confirming message, that a trial license was deposited in your iLok account, then you should find the installer under "Not Installed" in the Softube Center menu.
I searched the installer myself for quite some time including opening up Softube Center more than once, but miraculously managed to overlook the menu everytime.
I hope this works for you too.
Thanks, I had already tried that, in parallel keep getting the iLok not connected even though it shows as connected in settings. As for Not Installed, nothing ever shows up. I opened a ticket yesterday, nothing yet. Did a full reboot and had the iLok connected for a while, still no luck. Hours later iLok connection keeps popping up. I think it has something to do with Mojave and allowing permission. When I restated the connection manually one time, it gave me a system prompt to enter credentials.

Return to “Instruments”