CPU hungry vsti?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
BrokenTrance
KVRist
298 posts since 25 Nov, 2010

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:56 pm

AnX wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:50 pm
BrokenTrance wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:00 pm
It's a second hand used computer. I want to know if it is any good.
did you not research that before you bought it?
How would i do it? It was used and sold pretty cheap by a company that sells out used computers from broke companies - from a far away city. They ship it to me. So sorry that i can't give all the facts. I asked a simple question, but now we get many strange questions that has no place here. So. Shall we stay on topic? :wink: cpu hungry vsti it was, right? ;) ;)

BrokenTrance
KVRist
298 posts since 25 Nov, 2010

Re: CPU hungry vsti?

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:57 pm

Aloysius wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:54 pm
hungry vsti?

Zebra2: The workhorse synth

Looks like a Zebra. Eats like a horse.
Thanks Aloysius.

User avatar
Aloysius
KVRAF
23646 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from the Land of Soy

Re: CPU hungry vsti?

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:57 pm

:tu:
Broccoli is murder.

AnX
KVRAF
4603 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Re: CPU hungry vsti?

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:58 pm

well, you could ask what cpu/motherboard it has and google it

BrokenTrance
KVRist
298 posts since 25 Nov, 2010

Re: CPU hungry vsti?

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:00 pm

Looks like a Zebra. Eats like a horse - and kicks like a mule? haha

No_Use
KVRAF
2367 posts since 13 Mar, 2004

Re: CPU hungry vsti?

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:05 pm

Also not strictly on topic but maybe useful nonetheless for testing performance:
http://www.dawbench.com/

BrokenTrance
KVRist
298 posts since 25 Nov, 2010

Re: CPU hungry vsti?

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:09 pm

AnX wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:58 pm
well, you could ask what cpu/motherboard it has and google it
So you are going off topic again. Nah, it's a special server configuration. None have used for music. You seem a little irritated. :? You here to discuss CPU hungry vsti or to cause aggravate?

Sinisterbr
KVRist
93 posts since 11 Mar, 2010

Re: CPU hungry vsti?

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:32 pm

BrokenTrance wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:09 pm
AnX wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:58 pm
well, you could ask what cpu/motherboard it has and google it
So you are going off topic again. Nah, it's a special server configuration. None have used for music. You seem a little irritated. :? You here to discuss CPU hungry vsti or to cause aggravate?
I don't think he looks irritated. It's just a misunderstanding
I really don't know why KVR threads so frequently end up with people attacking each other.
Let's take it easy, guys, come on

chk071
KVRAF
20324 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: CPU hungry vsti?

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:55 pm

It's pretty hard to understand the OP though. I'm not even sure if he already has the computer or not. And, a "server configuration"? Why do you buy a server computer for audio? Puzzled here.

There are hardware info programs you can download to get the specs of your computer, BTW. I use HWInfo. Again, if i understand this right. Not sure at all.

Razzia
KVRist
191 posts since 21 May, 2016

Re: CPU hungry vsti?

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:00 pm

Try fathom. Excellent synth but it puts most diva patches to shame in terms of cpu hogging. One instance exceeds 20-25% on my i7 6700k easily

User avatar
Aloysius
KVRAF
23646 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from the Land of Soy

Re: CPU hungry vsti?

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:03 pm

BrokenTrance wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:00 pm
Looks like a Zebra. Eats like a horse - and kicks like a mule? haha
:tu:
Broccoli is murder.

BrokenTrance
KVRist
298 posts since 25 Nov, 2010

Re: CPU hungry vsti?

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:09 pm

chk071 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:55 pm
It's pretty hard to understand the OP though. I'm not even sure if he already has the computer or not. And, a "server configuration"? Why do you buy a server computer for audio? Puzzled here.

There are hardware info programs you can download to get the specs of your computer, BTW. I use HWInfo. Again, if i understand this right. Not sure at all.
:hihi: Now i don't have to computer also. Hahha. This is hilarious post. I bought this computer for many uses. Hilarious post.

BrokenTrance
KVRist
298 posts since 25 Nov, 2010

Re: CPU hungry vsti?

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:11 pm

Razzia wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:00 pm
Try fathom. Excellent synth but it puts most diva patches to shame in terms of cpu hogging. One instance exceeds 20-25% on my i7 6700k easily
Thanks mate. I will try in following days. :tu:

chk071
KVRAF
20324 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: CPU hungry vsti?

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:17 pm

BrokenTrance wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:09 pm
Now i don't have to computer also.
Seriously, i think there's something lost in translation here.

BrokenTrance
KVRist
298 posts since 25 Nov, 2010

Re: CPU hungry vsti?

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:18 pm

chk071 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:17 pm
BrokenTrance wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:09 pm
Now i don't have to computer also.
Seriously, i think there's something lost in translation here.
Tell me about it.

Return to “Instruments”