CPU hungry vsti?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Indeed

If you want really cpu hungry, try MSF in FM mode with Unison and longer release times.
More BPM please

Iris 2 Probably the most cpu hungry(unoptimized) plugin I own.

BrokenTrance wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:09 pm
AnX wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:58 pm well, you could ask what cpu/motherboard it has and google it
So you are going off topic again. Nah, it's a special server configuration. None have used for music. You seem a little irritated. :? You here to discuss CPU hungry vsti or to cause aggravate?
its not OT, we're talking about your cpu....

if you buy a pc without checking what it is (or anything for that matter) you're taking a big risk

do you even know what the cpu is?

you dont really need a thread here to do this "test" just load your biggest project and look at the cpu meter, or keep loading vsts etc etc

really, you're just wasting everyones time.

AnX wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:24 am really, you're just wasting everyones time.
Seems to me you decided yourself to waste your time (on an online forum), nobody held a gun to your head and told you to participate in this thread :D

I don't have a suggestion as everything I use is pretty light on CPU, but I definitely understand where the OP is coming from. Getting old stock server hardware can give you a pretty hefty system at low cost. Servers where running 8-cores way before they hit the consumer market so go figure.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

crimsonwarlock wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:47 am
AnX wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:24 am really, you're just wasting everyones time.
Seems to me you decided yourself to waste your time (on an online forum), nobody held a gun to your head and told you to participate in this thread :D

I don't have a suggestion as everything I use is pretty light on CPU, but I definitely understand where the OP is coming from. Getting old stock server hardware can give you a pretty hefty system at low cost. Servers where running 8-cores way before they hit the consumer market so go figure.

but you have no idea what his computer has inside, so it's all conjecture at this point.

if a person is going to ask a question on a public forum and then get shirty when someone asks a question back (without being rude) they don't really deserve any help

anyway, my point stands, it's a pointless thread. He can answer his own question if he has even the slightest idea how a pc works

NI Form is the new leader. This thing can kill my Ryzen even in an empty project :o
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

AnX wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:57 am but you have no idea what his computer has inside, so it's all conjecture at this point.
Yep, and that goes both ways :D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

crimsonwarlock wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:15 am
AnX wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:57 am but you have no idea what his computer has inside, so it's all conjecture at this point.
makes no sense, but you obviously want to have the last word, so knock yourself out, the floor is yours :roll:

RePro-5, Softube Modular.

But perhaps it would be best if you simply took your old project files - or even some demo projects if your DAW has those - and see how they work on the "new" machine? Looking at single plugin performance can be very misleading, especially on a multi-core server systems that you might not know (yet) how to optimise for realtime audio processing.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

RePro-5 or Bazille in HQ mode with max voices playing a chord with a low audio buffer setting
Always Read the Manual!

Playing a pad with a 5 note chord on Blue II or Serum should keep you cpu quite busy.
Or wait for Massive X :clown: .

LinPlug Octopus and my AMD FX8320 cries for mercy.
iswr

AnX wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:38 am
crimsonwarlock wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:15 am
makes no sense, but you obviously want to have the last word, so knock yourself out, the floor is yours :roll:
:dog:

Diva, Serum, Diversion, Repro-1/5, LuSH-101, Monark should give the CPU something to think about, depends on what settings somewhat, flick through some presets and you will soon get an idea. If you just want to cure your heatsink's thermal paste turn the multicore option off Lush and Diva.

Then again maybe that will just roast one core. Anyway these synths are the ones that I can struggle with on my very old machine.

Return to “Instruments”