Waves Bass Fingers VSTI

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone try this?

did you?

no, i did not

nor me

From quick video preview I can tell that Waves is still unable to create good distortion effects. This guitar with heavy distortion sound like cheap plastic toy.
I would like to know what bass gtr players think about this plugin.

Ps. WUP

Wouldn't worry about their distortion, just use any VST distortion, overdrive or amp sim you like.

From the YouTube ad I saw it did not sound too appealing. It mostly sounded like the bass on any basic rompler. The disco funk type sound they featured sounded particularly weak and when they got to the "metal" part I literally laughed out loud (but I don't really make metal for what it's worth).

Just to be clear, I am not at all a Waves hater in general, but this is just my general reaction to what I saw/heard.
I obviously should check it out more in depth before I completely pass judgment though.

If I didn't play some "actual" bass already, this would be a no brainer at the $24 intro price.
Similar to when the "Slap" version was released.

being that i'm already in with the H-series, and i need a bass, i went ahead and bought it. it has that uber clean upper end that all of today's music likes. a lot of the low end dirt is missing. that being said, they put focus on the string behavior and that is good. basically you use this as a source and use third party vst's on it, which is what i'd do anyway... so. the load time on this is stupid. it's as long as their fm synth. like stupid load times. when you load the vst you have to wait about 45 seconds or so before it will make sound. just wait it out.

I haven't even listened to the demo. I used Vir2 Basis for ages (and still use it every now and then), now I use Modo bass. Bass guitar is just already well and truly covered I think. :shrug:

obviously if you have modo bass, there's no reason to jump at this, but being that I had a need at a playable bass, and this was 24$... really, how can I complain.

Its got a smoothness, like a jazz bass. It does better at the higher plucked registries IMO.

Dasheesh wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:51 pm obviously if you have modo bass, there's no reason to jump at this, but being that I had a need at a playable bass, and this was 24$... really, how can I complain.
For sure, I was going to saw that. I guess there's still a market at the affordable end of things.

One of my quickest purchases.

Got notification from Waves.
Looked at their Videos on YouTube while I waited for the Instrument to show up on Audiodeluxe because I'm thrifty i.e, a cheapskate.

As soon as it appeared, I ordered.

There can never be enough bass or drum plug-ins imho.

It took a while to load all the samples but ''Factory Midi-Map [MIDI]'' preset sounds full, punchy and 'real' sounding. For sound, Vir2 Basis just can't compete.

Back to Bass Fingers VSTI ... Rasta Bass shakes your speakers as it should.

That's all for my quick 'review'.

Great deal imho.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Instruments”