IK Multimedia releases MODO DRUM

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MODO DRUM

Oh, my, thanks. I used to play, I started on drum kit. I'm really studying great drummers these days.

Loachman wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:28 am I am interested to know how adding your own midi files is handled. EZDrummer sorts them logically and by folder/vendor name. It would be a mess if it did not show by folder/vendor name or something similar.
There will be a logical tree to the MIDI file structure. I'll get as many details as I can leading into the release, and check that future content highlight features in a noticeable way. Thanks!

egbert wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:58 am @ Peter - is there any thought to how these would work with MIDI input from say Roland TD drums - ie in terms of mapping hi-hat openness, muting cymbals etc. BFD and Toontrack products for example are set up to work with eDrums.
MODO DRUM will certainly work with e-drums as input. I have passed along requests for specific mappings and such to the team, but it should work well right out of the box.

Scotty wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:00 pm Peter, I think it is fair that we tease out the details from the marketing verbiage. Can we have the manual? I have no issue with marketing in general but I do like to get into the details before taking the plunge especially given how many drummers I have purchased and are alive and kicking on my rig.
I will certainly pass that request, but currently we do not have a finalized manual to post. Thanks!

electro wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:37 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:18 pm
electro wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:15 pm What kind of snare and tom dampening parameters are we looking at?
There's a damp control but I don't believe we have settings like "wallet" or "duct tape" etc :) I've requested some more detail on the damp control, and will let you know more details when I have them.
There should be extensive A/B testing on this and enough parameters to achieve all those authentic dampening behaviors. Otherwise it negates the advantage of PM instead of samples.

It should also be per kit piece. Each Tom and Snare should have exclusive damping parameters.
There are damping options per drum for the toms (top and resonant heads) and snare (top only, resonant head damping is naturally "dampened" via the snares).

From https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/mododrum/
For every drum in the kit, you can adjust the skins, tuning, and damping. Then adjust the diameter, the height and the shell profile of the drum itself.

So are the cymbals some kind of mix of physical modeling and sampling? Are there effectively infinite round robins on the cymbals as well?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:17 pm So are the cymbals some kind of mix of physical modeling and sampling? Are there effectively infinite round robins on the cymbals as well?
The cymbals are sampled.

Round robins on the cymbals?
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:23 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:17 pm So are the cymbals some kind of mix of physical modeling and sampling? Are there effectively infinite round robins on the cymbals as well?
The cymbals are sampled.
So the infinite round robins apply to only the kick, toms and snare then? How many round robins are there for cymbals. I guess a lot since there's 20gb of cymbal samples? There's no hybrid tweakability there?

Loachman wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:03 am
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:05 pm
Loachman wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:35 pm @Peter, do you know when pre-orders end? I would like to get this but gotta wait for fundage. Sorry if i missed the date somewhere on the website.
We mention it in the news piece, but it is easy to miss. We're looking at August for the prices to revert, which is when we expect to release. Thanks!
Thanks Peter. This gives me plenty of time!!
Peter do you have a specific date in august when the pre-orders end. Is it the 1st or?

I guess we will get an answer regarding the round robins for the cymbals soon ;)

20GB is a LOT of cymbal samples. 10GB is a lot never mind 20GB.

Holy Hobs of Hell! The "intro" price on this is more than I paid for a Maschine Mikro and the gazillion gigs of drums that come with it. It seems a tad overpriced, doesn't it? After all, it's just drums.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:09 am Holy Hobs of Hell! The "intro" price on this is more than I paid for a Maschine Mikro and the gazillion gigs of drums that come with it. It seems a tad overpriced, doesn't it? After all, it's just drums.
If you buy this and already own MODO BASS you might be able to buy MODO GUITAR at a heavily discounted price when it is eventually released.

That's how I think of it. A rock band literally in a box :)

Please, let users rename those drumkits, as well as the bass models in MODO Bass with a "reset to default name" option. We want these instruments have their "original" names in our workstations. Thanks in advance.

BONES wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:09 am Holy Hobs of Hell! The "intro" price on this is more than I paid for a Maschine Mikro and the gazillion gigs of drums that come with it. It seems a tad overpriced, doesn't it? After all, it's just drums.
This may be the greatest post I've ever read
at any musicians forum. Profound, sublime,
and funny, and under 50 words :hyper:

Return to “Instruments”