IK Multimedia releases MODO DRUM

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MODO DRUM

@ Pete - yep you pretty much have to let VST3 installs have their wicked way with your machine but the upside of all this is MODO Drum really only demands 100 MB or so from your system drive if you install the main program to your sample drive. When I set up my workstation, the system partition looked ample ... and I have been able to repent that decision at leisure.

mixtur.se wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:14 pm Is there a demo? Don´t seem to be able to find one on IK's product page
Yeah, I'm not finding the demo either :?

SiliconDeath wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:14 am
mixtur.se wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:14 pm Is there a demo? Don´t seem to be able to find one on IK's product page
Yeah, I'm not finding the demo either :?
No demo currently.

So far, the drums part of it sounds incredible. The cymbals part seem basically like a couple other libraries I have which are really good.

Back to the drums... so there are no samples used at all for the drum part of it? It is just hard to believe as it sounds really good. :clap:

No demo for Modo bass either.I'd like to try them on my system; too see how they run on my system.

I'd also be interested in a demo, not because I specifically need a drum kit, but I'm curious to see whether the models can be warped sufficiently to fit electronica — unless @Peter there are plans to use the same modelling tech in other creative ways?

I'm really love the sounds I'm getting out of this beast. Howevefvthere are a few things I'm hoping for...

1.I have no idea why but the cymbals are not in the overhead channel. This choice has me utterly confused. So I'm hoping future updates fix this.
2. It would be great if it offered visual tuning of the drums fundamental.
3. Toms definitely need rim shots
4. A place to share kit patches. I'm relatively new so it would be excellent to see kit patches designed by professionals.
5. And finally would love more accessory drums e.g. octobans, rototoms, and obviously a gong for the Plexi kit.

I appreciate a place to share kit patches too - for users.

bill45 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:23 am No demo for Modo bass either.I'd like to try them on my system; too see how they run on my system.
There is a demo download for MODO BASS here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/m ... p=versions

Thanks sorry I missed it

flampton wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:47 am 1.I have no idea why but the cymbals are not in the overhead channel. This choice has me utterly confused. So I'm hoping future updates fix this.
Just got MODO Drums myself, and noticed this too. Took me a moment, but then I realized: Some drums (like cymbals) don't have a dedicated close mic. For these, the overheads are the "main" channel. The way it's presented in the mixer is a bit confusing at first, as the dedicated channel fader controls their "overhead" sound, and the "overhead" channel stays silent (most other drum plugins don't have a dedicated channel for cymbals & rides in the mixer). At least that's how it makes sense to me. :)

Looks like DanceTech did another video, this one on the hi-hats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLW0F97tSBs

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:02 pm Looks like DanceTech did another video, this one on the hi-hats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLW0F97tSBs
Hi Peter,

Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread but I just wanted to double-check: Only the drums are modeled (no samples at all) and the cymbals are samples-only? Or is there a mixture of samples and modeling going on for either the drums or cymbals (or both)?

Also I noticed when you select the ride or hi-hat and click Edit Element, those two have an Overhead control in place of the Volume control. I thought it would be cool if all cymbals had that Overhead setting.

flampton wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:47 am 5. And finally would love more accessory drums e.g. octobans, rototoms, and obviously a gong for the Plexi kit.
I used to have all the sizes of rototoms in my first drumset, so I'd love to have those in MODO DRUM. At the very least, the three higher tuned rotos (6", 8", 10") would be a nice addition.

I just happened to notice the price for this thing. $400 for drums?

Surely that has to be a typo.

Return to “Instruments”