IK Multimedia releases MODO DRUM

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MODO DRUM

simon.a.billington wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:04 pm
telecharge wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:15 pm
Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:54 pm Thanks for pointing to this deal. 2 vs. 10 kits and all options to change the models seems a very good deal. I bet you get a half price for an upgrade to the full version as well (maybe on BF)...
Just downloading the demo, seems to be the full version demo, but lets see what it does...
Cool, I'll be interested to know how you get on with it. FWIW, I already emailed IK sales and was told, "There is no special pricing to upgrade from MODO Drum SE to MODO Drum."
Thats a little disappointing, but is it because SE was free??
SE wasn’t free, just a crazy cheap deal... Passion is the key here, lets see what will come up in future sales...

I brought this up to the appropriate people.

Also, note that the M1-compatible MODO DRUM is being worked on.

I hope that IK is working on a MODO DRUM 2 (or even a 1.2 with some improvements), because I think that the idea of physically modelled drums has a ton of potential.

I don't really mind if samples are used here and there to fill the gaps in what is currently possible with physical modelling as long as the sound is good and produces a lot of realism, variety and customization. Ideally we would have physically modelled drums, cymbals and other percussion that are realistic enough on their own that the use of samples is unnecessary, and we can do away with the limitations of samples.

EmmetPDX wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:56 pm I hope that IK is working on a MODO DRUM 2 (or even a 1.2 with some improvements), because I think that the idea of physically modelled drums has a ton of potential.

I don't really mind if samples are used here and there to fill the gaps in what is currently possible with physical modelling as long as the sound is good and produces a lot of realism, variety and customization. Ideally we would have physically modelled drums, cymbals and other percussion that are realistic enough on their own that the use of samples is unnecessary, and we can do away with the limitations of samples.
What are you missing from the current modo drum?
I hope they release modo guitar first.

Different types of percussion would be greatly appreciated, long drums etc.
Nova II, FL20+Fire, Sytrus, Transistor Bass, DUNE 3, Thorn, Viper, ANA 2 SynthMaster, Discovery Pro, Reason, SugarBytes, SoundToys, LION, TRIAD, Plugin-Alliance, T-Racks, AmpliTube, MODO Drum/Bass, iZotope MPS 2.
One Day: FLEXXX, Alpha Forever, Diversion 2

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:36 am I hope they release modo guitar first.
I vote for MODO Shakuhachi first…

Well brushes would be useful!!

what i'm currently missing from MODO Drums is them sounding like an actual drum kit :D after monumentally awesome MODO Bass, i expected much better.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Yeah brushes and other percussion would be good. Agreed on those.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:36 am
EmmetPDX wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:56 pm I hope that IK is working on a MODO DRUM 2 (or even a 1.2 with some improvements), because I think that the idea of physically modelled drums has a ton of potential.

What are you missing from the current modo drum?
I hope they release modo guitar first.
Modo Guitar would be dope!

Modo Strings would be more interesting. Guitars have strings as well…

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:21 am Modo Strings would be more interesting. Guitars have strings as well…
Bass guitars have strings too.

Maybe it should have been MODO Wood? That covers most stringed instruments and others instruments too.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:08 am
Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:21 am Modo Strings would be more interesting. Guitars have strings as well…

Maybe it should have been MODO Wood? That covers most stringed instruments and others instruments too.
For physical modeling I would say it might be a little bit more logical to separate out the acoustic and electric instruments at least in the string family. MODO BASS is very specifically electric bass and while there's a semi-hollow in there, it would still be a bit different a process to do an upright acoustic bass, for example. Though if (just to be clear that's an "if" situation) we were to do MODO GUITAR it might lean electric or if it also included acoustic guitars they would be quite different a process to recreate.

I do relay the requests for brushes in MODO DRUM, too, because while the method of playing the drums is obviously different, the drums themselves remain the same for all intents and purposes so it would be a nice addition. Plus we do have some different stick/beater options and brushes would probably be more useful than a different material drumstick or something like that. I like the wood vs nylon tip etc but I'm not going to go crazy trying to convince anybody to branch out (pun intended) with more wood options for the stick shaft or similar at this point.

Burillo wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:57 pm what i'm currently missing from MODO Drums is them sounding like an actual drum kit :D after monumentally awesome MODO Bass, i expected much better.
Drums that don't sound like drums. Not a very big hit and competor to SD Drums or BFD. This reminds me of a dev, don't thinke they exist anymore, made a guitar plugin that didn't sound like a real guitar plugin and charded 99$. :lol: Maybe that's one of the reasons they propably don't exist anymore? :wink:
Modelled drums will never be a hit.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:34 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:08 am

For physical modeling I would say it might be a little bit more logical to separate out the acoustic and electric instruments at least in the string family. MODO BASS is very specifically electric bass and while there's a semi-hollow in there, it would still be a bit different a process to do an upright acoustic bass, for example. Though if (just to be clear that's an "if" situation) we were to do MODO GUITAR it might lean electric or if it also included acoustic guitars they would be quite different a process to recreate.
Yeah I was just joking about MODO Wood. Separating by instrument type makes sense the way it is.

Return to “Instruments”