Massive X - the thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

ghettosynth wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:06 pm
dionenoid wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:55 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:03 pm brexit is a myth, like the unicorn or nessie.
And like aliasing in MX.
Oh, cmon.
Can't blame me for trying to get back on-topic :D
More BPM please

dionenoid wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:09 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:03 pm brexit is a myth, like the unicorn or nessie.
And like aliasing in MX.
Oh, cmon.
To bring things further back on topic, I think MX should have "Unicorn" and "Nessie" wavetable modes, in addition to the three mysterious Gorilla modes it already has. :wink:
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

working around a week with a Massive X so far, and wow...seems like i learned it mostly, and finally love how it sounds...absolutely unique! Even with a 2 oscillators it can be like 3 oscillators with a modulation, plus so many additionals things...no need anything external, with this synth :) Also doing a True Trance Sounds Vol.12 for Massive X, release next week, will back to the proccess of modulation the new sounds :D
seya
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

NatLife wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:24 pm working around a week with a Massive X so far, and wow...seems like i learned it mostly, and finally love how it sounds...absolutely unique! Even with a 2 oscillators it can be like 3 oscillators with a modulation, plus so many additionals things...no need anything external, with this synth :) Also doing a True Trance Sounds Vol.12 for Massive X, release next week, will back to the proccess of modulation the new sounds :D
seya
Yes! Very unique!

McLilith wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:14 pm
And like aliasing in MX.
Oh, cmon.
To bring things further back on topic, I think MX should have "Unicorn" and "Nessie" wavetable modes, in addition to the three mysterious Gorilla modes it already has. :wink:
And they should both alias like crazy.

realtrance wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:08 pm
And like aliasing in MX.
Oh, cmon.
And they should both alias like crazy. Or maybe that should be the Brexit wavetable?

The Brexit wavetable will probably be postponed
More BPM please

McLilith wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:02 pm Image

The new Brexit guitar is a must-have item for musicians who are simultaneously huge fans of the EU, the UK, and hipster George Washington. In other words, Martin Guitar is tapping into an "enormous" demographic with this design! :hihi:

its won me over :o

dionenoid wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:17 pm The Brexit wavetable will probably be postponed
True Story: I quite literally almost mentioned a "Brexit" wavetable option as a third option, but I removed it from my post at the last moment, thinking I should postpone the Brexit option. :hihi:
GlenVision.com

And like aliasing in MX.
Oh, cmon.
In Unicorn mode, the oscillator is subjected to a proprietary process that generates extreme aliasing. Then, all the spectral components of the original oscillator waveform are digitally removed, leaving only the aliasing. The original "Unicorn" waveform is totally removed and is never heard—as if the unicorn never really existed. :wink:

Nessie is a slightly kinder mode. Once again, extreme aliasing is generated within the oscillator, but the results are passed through a dark and murky Loch Ness filter incorporated into the oscillator itself. Due to the filter input being somewhat overdriven, the output is always warm and fuzzy—even if it's also a bit atonal. :)
GlenVision.com

McLilith wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:08 am

And like aliasing in MX.
Oh, cmon.
In Unicorn mode, the oscillator is subjected to a proprietary process that generates extreme aliasing. Then, all the spectral components of the original oscillator waveform are digitally removed, leaving only the aliasing. The original "Unicorn" waveform is totally removed and is never heard—as if the unicorn never really existed. :wink:

Nessie is a slightly kinder mode. Once again, extreme aliasing is generated within the oscillator, but the results are passed through a dark and murky Loch Ness filter incorporated into the oscillator itself. Due to the filter input being somewhat overdriven, the output is always warm and fuzzy—even if it's also a bit atonal. :)
I'd pay a dollar for that!

McLilith wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:08 am

And like aliasing in MX.
Oh, cmon.

WANT.

Mike D. Get on it! ;)

McLilith wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:30 pm
dionenoid wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:17 pm The Brexit wavetable will probably be postponed
True Story: I quite literally almost mentioned a "Brexit" wavetable option as a third option, but I removed it from my post at the last moment, thinking I should postpone the Brexit option. :hihi:
true story....let's stay away from brexit even in jest please
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:20 am
McLilith wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:30 pm
true story....let's stay away from brexit even in jest please
Sorry, you won't hear it mentioned by me again in this thread. :tu:

I was born in, and live in, the USA, but the UK is my ancestral homeland. I have a distinct fondness for the UK. I wish everyone living there the very best. :hug:
GlenVision.com

that's what hyde park corner is for, talk politics all you want :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Instruments”