SampleTank 4.0.6 update somewhat broken. 4.0.8 now released.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

PM sent.

abernathy wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:35 pm
AdvancedFollower wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:12 pm I think that to update, you only have to download the actual installer (SampleTank_4_0_8.zip, or .dmg for Mac), not the sounds. This link does not expire.

But some users are not sure if they got all the sounds correctly installed - is there any way to know? Does SampleTank run a check or have a function to run a check? Considering what a confusing mess ST4 has been, it would be nice for IK to not have these download restrictions at this point!
It would have been best to keep the original zip files of the sounds as a backup. That way you can run a consistency check on the archives. It's always a good idea to do a CRC check on large downloads, since they can get corrupted. Especially if your Internet or Wi-Fi isn't very reliable.

I do agree that the download restrictions are a bit silly however. I've always thought something like a limit of 3 downloads and no date of expiration would serve customers better, without increasing costs for IK.

Thank you to Ryan for his very quick help!

AdvancedFollower wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:47 am It would have been best to keep the original zip files of the sounds as a backup. That way you can run a consistency check on the archives. It's always a good idea to do a CRC check on large downloads, since they can get corrupted. Especially if your Internet or Wi-Fi isn't very reliable.

I do agree that the download restrictions are a bit silly however. I've always thought something like a limit of 3 downloads and no date of expiration would serve customers better, without increasing costs for IK.
Thanks for your feedback, I've made sure to pass your comments and interests to the team.
ravasb wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:51 pm Thank you to Ryan for his very quick help!
Glad to hear I could help :D
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

Can't believe this...dealing with ST4 problems again.

Angle Loss wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:49 am Can't believe this...dealing with ST4 problems again.
I shot you a PM this morning. If you're having any issues with SampleTank 4.0.8, I'll be more than happy to help get you back to making music.
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

For anyone interested, there was a recent update to the way Sound Library Updates are handled in My Products for SampleTank 4. They are now in their own location and these can be downloaded at any time. Check out the image below. I figured a couple of you here would appreciate the heads up. 🤘Image
Last edited by Ryan_IK on Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

:tu:

is there a way to know if our products are up to date without checking each product version number against our vast ikmm accounts?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:14 pm :tu:

is there a way to know if our products are up to date without checking each product version number against our vast ikmm accounts?
While users opted into our news letter are alerted of product updates related to them (which should help keep everyone updated), I do understand where you are going with your statement and I can say we're working on what we can do on that topic :D . Stay tuned.

Feel free to sign up to the newsletter here if you haven't already: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/newsletter/

Ryan_IK wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:25 pm
Aloysius wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:14 pm :tu:

While users opted into our news letter are alerted of product updates related to them (which should help keep everyone updated), I do understand where you are going with your statement and I can say we're working on what we can do on that topic :D . Stay tuned.

Feel free to sign up to the newsletter here if you haven't already: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/newsletter/
Sorry, but Newsletters? FFS :roll:
How does a Sampletank 4 customer validate the content of their media directory exactly?

Return to “Instruments”