Loopmasters Loopcloud 5 going subscription

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jcredland wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:34 am
bassline22 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:25 am is there a way to limit your searches in your own library based on the folders their in? i have a drum n bass folder a house folder some orchestra stuff, house folders and when im searching for one shots its kinda just lumping them altogether. is there a way to limit the search to a certain folder eg drum n bass folder..
I think one of the options you can click on after you start typing in the search box is to limit the search to 'folders containing ...". Try that? If it doesn't help let me know!
no luck.. maybe me describing it isnt quite right.. on my hard drive i have separated all my packs from various sources (splice, computer music free packs, loopmasters, cymatics etc) into folders accoring to rough genres. eg funky house, tech house, deep house, hip hop, orchestras etc... now say i do a search for some relevant pads for a deep house tune in f# can i just assign my search to look nowhere else in my library apart from the deep house folder. at the moment it seems to just be searching my whole 4 gig library for pads in f#... if i could limit the search to certain folders that ive added then it would be helpful..

bassline22 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:27 am no luck.. maybe me describing it isnt quite right.. on my hard drive i have separated all my packs from various sources (splice, computer music free packs, loopmasters, cymatics etc) into folders accoring to rough genres. eg funky house, tech house, deep house, hip hop, orchestras etc... now say i do a search for some relevant pads for a deep house tune in f# can i just assign my search to look nowhere else in my library apart from the deep house folder. at the moment it seems to just be searching my whole 4 gig library for pads in f#... if i could limit the search to certain folders that ive added then it would be helpful..
So search for BASS, but only return results from the folder currently selected in the tree user library view (for example).

We are discussing whether colour tags ought to be a thing again. Do you think this is important? How would you use colour tags if we had them? If you are a fan of coloured tags then feel free drop me a message, or reply here, and tell me how use them and why they are important. I just want to make sure we do it in the most useful way!

jezzaj wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:36 pm I've recently signed up to a subscription. On the loopcloud website it says "Audition samples from the entire Loopmasters catalogue" - does this mean that everything that is on loopmasters.com is available on loopcloud.com? Because I found this sample pack on loopmasters but can't find it on loopcloud.
I have read this question at least twice in this thread but still no answer. I would like to kindly ask for clarification. Thanks

enCiphered wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:11 am
jezzaj wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:36 pm I've recently signed up to a subscription. On the loopcloud website it says "Audition samples from the entire Loopmasters catalogue" - does this mean that everything that is on loopmasters.com is available on loopcloud.com? Because I found this sample pack on loopmasters but can't find it on loopcloud.
I have read this question at least twice in this thread but still no answer. I would like to kindly ask for clarification. Thanks
Loopcloud has 40 labels at the mo, loopmasters around 74, haven’t been able to find any packs outside the 40 labels in loopcloud, but I might be doing something wrong. Also can’t find any of the bundles in loopcloud that are on loopmasters, hopefully if they’re not available, they’ll be added soon.

Two questions I have for the devs, if plugin boutique and loopmasters are sisters companies (not sure if they are or not), could you pull the lever and have your pb sample packs show up in loopcloud?

If you upload samplepacks from other companies like adsr that are already on loopcloud, would it be possible just to stream it from loopcloud servers instead, save time uploading my end, bandwidth and storage costs your end, unless you’ve built yourselves a server farm, have it count to the total storage space on the subscription account still, as it’s from a third party.

So my question then would be:

Where the f is all the stuff I purchased? :x

This is all I see, so what happened to my library :(

Have you tried clicking on the button that says "Your Library"?
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Obviously I didn't see that before, but thanks. They should make it a different color or something :-/

It is a bit subdued, I agree.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
codec_spurt wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:20 pm It seems the direction this is taking is to kind of become a DAW as much as a Loop browser. There is still much work to be done for it to be anything more than a half-baked loop browser, as it is right now. But it's the only game in town.

It was going in the right direction but it seems to have taken a bit of a left turn. That's a shame.

Does anybody know of any other loop browsers/wave file managers for the PC? I've been out of it for a while so it may be that I missed something. Is it still the case that there is not one single useful loop browser available?

I'm happy to pay DAW level money for one - say a couple of hundred quid?

I got so excited by Loopcloud v3 - it enabled me to visualise and manage my samples and loops and tracks and songs in a whole new way that no other software has been able to up to this point (on PC).

But I'm just confused by this new direction it's taking. Is the adding of DAW features just kludged on to encourage people to go to the subscription model? Will it just get brighter and flashier and more obtrusive to push those loops like they're crack? Will the design just keep changing with every new iteration of the design and you will need to learn every new version that comes along?

Version 4 struck a great balance for me. It wasn't pushy or gaudy or too 'try-hard'. It provided some basic editing and manipulation of your loops that was fun and immediate and not obtrusive to the program as a whole.

But with v5, it just seems like a half-baked beta DAW, crossed with a crass front end to pressure you in to buying things you don't need. Really, is there anyone left on planet earth that needs one more loop? Out of all the millions freely available?

It's the worst of both worlds. It's neither fish nor fowl.

Please take this as constructive criticism. I'm sorry if it sounds a bit terse, it's not meant to be.

At the end of the day maybe I should go back and take a look at foobar2000 and take some time to set it up properly - I'm sure it's moved on a lot since I used it a few years ago.

But this is a shame, because I was just ready to buy some credit and give money to you Loopmasters, to buy some loops that I don't need, out of the millions freely available on the net (including all those I have in my personal library).

I fear that you have managed to take the fun out of it, for me, at least, and maybe you will end up driving others away as well if you continue in this way.

KVR will be a tough crowd for you because most of us here already have massive loop libraries, or we just make up our own. And a lot of people here don't like paying for redundant stuff as well. I doubt many at KVR make music by joining the dots and constructing music like a Lego kit. Probably quite a few like to drop in the odd loop now and again though, but who is going to pay a subscription for that?

Tacking on a half-baked DAW is not going to push people towards that goal either.

My advice to you:

Create the best loop browser/file manager for PC in existence.
Let it become a standard and a 'killer app'.
Provide the facility for people to easily and quickly audition the loops you are selling, in an unobtrusive manner.
Provide the means for them to quickly buy those loops once they find something they like, all at a mouse click (after buying credit of course).

It's not difficult. You've done 90 percent of the hard work.

Going down the road to providing yet another DAW, badly integrated in to the shell of your app will only cause confusion, be a technical nightmare, and detract from what it is you do best.

Why would anyone pay a monthly subscription to use a beta level DAW, when they already have 3 or 4 killer DAWs like Cubase, Ableton, FLStudio, REAPER, say...

This just doesn't make sense to me.

Hey, if you want to bring in a bit of cash for all your hard work (and you deserve it) then charge a small fee for the killer app that is Loopcloud, for those of us that don't buy that many loops, but just want a decent file manager and browser for our waves/samples/tracks. There's a few ways you could leverage it.

You've bitten off a lot here to chew on. File browser. Integrated internet network eCommerce system. DAW.

Why stop there? Go the whole hog!

Hook us up so we can all jam tracks in real time over the network as well!

Like Ohm Studio.

But what do I know?

I really hope it works out for you. I'm sure you know what you're doing.

I'll be checking back each new version to see how it's going. It would be great to see this up and running. Sincerely.
Found this one..been testing it, so far so good... http://www.jamsoft.co.uk/samplesort-getting-started/ (http://www.jamsoft.co.uk/samplesort-getting-started/)

jcredland wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:14 pm We are discussing whether colour tags ought to be a thing again. Do you think this is important? How would you use colour tags if we had them? If you are a fan of coloured tags then feel free drop me a message, or reply here, and tell me how use them and why they are important. I just want to make sure we do it in the most useful way!
Not important IMO.
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

distort212 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:59 pm
codec_spurt wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:20 pm It seems the direction this is taking is to kind of become a DAW as much as a Loop browser. There is still much work to be done for it to be anything more than a half-baked loop browser, as it is right now. But it's the only game in town.

It was going in the right direction but it seems to have taken a bit of a left turn. That's a shame.

Does anybody know of any other loop browsers/wave file managers for the PC? I've been out of it for a while so it may be that I missed something. Is it still the case that there is not one single useful loop browser available?

I'm happy to pay DAW level money for one - say a couple of hundred quid?

I got so excited by Loopcloud v3 - it enabled me to visualise and manage my samples and loops and tracks and songs in a whole new way that no other software has been able to up to this point (on PC).

But I'm just confused by this new direction it's taking. Is the adding of DAW features just kludged on to encourage people to go to the subscription model? Will it just get brighter and flashier and more obtrusive to push those loops like they're crack? Will the design just keep changing with every new iteration of the design and you will need to learn every new version that comes along?

Version 4 struck a great balance for me. It wasn't pushy or gaudy or too 'try-hard'. It provided some basic editing and manipulation of your loops that was fun and immediate and not obtrusive to the program as a whole.

But with v5, it just seems like a half-baked beta DAW, crossed with a crass front end to pressure you in to buying things you don't need. Really, is there anyone left on planet earth that needs one more loop? Out of all the millions freely available?

It's the worst of both worlds. It's neither fish nor fowl.

Please take this as constructive criticism. I'm sorry if it sounds a bit terse, it's not meant to be.

At the end of the day maybe I should go back and take a look at foobar2000 and take some time to set it up properly - I'm sure it's moved on a lot since I used it a few years ago.

But this is a shame, because I was just ready to buy some credit and give money to you Loopmasters, to buy some loops that I don't need, out of the millions freely available on the net (including all those I have in my personal library).

I fear that you have managed to take the fun out of it, for me, at least, and maybe you will end up driving others away as well if you continue in this way.

KVR will be a tough crowd for you because most of us here already have massive loop libraries, or we just make up our own. And a lot of people here don't like paying for redundant stuff as well. I doubt many at KVR make music by joining the dots and constructing music like a Lego kit. Probably quite a few like to drop in the odd loop now and again though, but who is going to pay a subscription for that?

Tacking on a half-baked DAW is not going to push people towards that goal either.

My advice to you:

Create the best loop browser/file manager for PC in existence.
Let it become a standard and a 'killer app'.
Provide the facility for people to easily and quickly audition the loops you are selling, in an unobtrusive manner.
Provide the means for them to quickly buy those loops once they find something they like, all at a mouse click (after buying credit of course).

It's not difficult. You've done 90 percent of the hard work.

Going down the road to providing yet another DAW, badly integrated in to the shell of your app will only cause confusion, be a technical nightmare, and detract from what it is you do best.

Why would anyone pay a monthly subscription to use a beta level DAW, when they already have 3 or 4 killer DAWs like Cubase, Ableton, FLStudio, REAPER, say...

This just doesn't make sense to me.

Hey, if you want to bring in a bit of cash for all your hard work (and you deserve it) then charge a small fee for the killer app that is Loopcloud, for those of us that don't buy that many loops, but just want a decent file manager and browser for our waves/samples/tracks. There's a few ways you could leverage it.

You've bitten off a lot here to chew on. File browser. Integrated internet network eCommerce system. DAW.

Why stop there? Go the whole hog!

Hook us up so we can all jam tracks in real time over the network as well!

Like Ohm Studio.

But what do I know?

I really hope it works out for you. I'm sure you know what you're doing.

I'll be checking back each new version to see how it's going. It would be great to see this up and running. Sincerely.
Found this one..been testing it, so far so good... http://www.jamsoft.co.uk/samplesort-getting-started/
And this brings up my other point: Why not just allow each of us to use the version of LC that works best for our purposes?

distort212 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:59 pm ----

Found this one..been testing it, so far so good... http://www.jamsoft.co.uk/samplesort-getting-started/
Thanks.

That's nice to have. Seems to work well and is handy. Few things...

1: Colour scheme is an acquired taste. Would be good to have options.
2: No waveform display and scrolling.
3: Not able to play ReCycle .rx2 files.

I've just been using the LoopCloud 3 program and it seems to be working fine. I've located v4 and I'll get around to putting that on at some point. Don't really need much more than that. Well, actually need a whole lot more than that, but it will never happen. I'll be dead before we see a loop browser for audio assets for the PC, that is on the same level as a DAW (user configurability etc.) with lots of useful options at hand and something that is fun and inspirational to use as well.

LoopCloud comes pretty close though, so hopefully v3 and v4 will keep working for some time yet, and as I said, I'll check back to see what's happening with the latest versions as well. The thing is obviously first and foremost a front-end to push Loopmasters content, and not a loop browser, but oh well, it works, so I'm grateful for it.

I'm someone that responds more to carrot rather than stick, so if they tone down that pushy and garish and interfering interface, I'll be happy to come up to date and maybe even buy a few loops I don't need (but might want). Hopefully they will reinstate the look and feel of versions 3 and 4 a bit more as well. As I said, loopcloud is the only game in town for now, so I hope it gets improved upon.

Samplesort looks very useful though, will definitely find a few uses for that as well.

codec_spurt wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:15 pm I've just been using the LoopCloud 3 program and it seems to be working fine. I've located v4
Kick down, bro? :hihi:

i def agree on what someone else said up top.. maybe do two versions, if someone wants the uncluttered original loopcloud so they can purely manage samples then release a version for a fee., and if someone wants to use it to purchase loopcloud files then keep this one up there too... i have 4 gigs of samples so ill prob never ever use it to buy anything but i love the software so for me personally my creative process is hindered by all the clutter and "Advertising" and having to constantly switch to "my library" etc... maybe its counter intuitive to what your trying to achieve but seeing as your a software company surely you can release a similar product not contrained by loopmasters..

Return to “Instruments”