Loopmasters Loopcloud 5 going subscription

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mister-rz wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:45 pm
enCiphered wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:11 am
jezzaj wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:36 pm I've recently signed up to a subscription. On the loopcloud website it says "Audition samples from the entire Loopmasters catalogue" - does this mean that everything that is on loopmasters.com is available on loopcloud.com? Because I found this sample pack on loopmasters but can't find it on loopcloud.
I have read this question at least twice in this thread but still no answer. I would like to kindly ask for clarification. Thanks
Loopcloud has 40 labels at the mo, loopmasters around 74, haven’t been able to find any packs outside the 40 labels in loopcloud, but I might be doing something wrong. Also can’t find any of the bundles in loopcloud that are on loopmasters, hopefully if they’re not available, they’ll be added soon.

Two questions I have for the devs, if plugin boutique and loopmasters are sisters companies (not sure if they are or not), could you pull the lever and have your pb sample packs show up in loopcloud?

If you upload samplepacks from other companies like adsr that are already on loopcloud, would it be possible just to stream it from loopcloud servers instead, save time uploading my end, bandwidth and storage costs your end, unless you’ve built yourselves a server farm, have it count to the total storage space on the subscription account still, as it’s from a third party.
No you don`t do anything wrong, so far on Loopclould only Loopmaster`s exclusive labels are integrated. And not all of the 74 are exclusively distributed by them. But i guess, some non-exclusive labels will follow soon and will be added as well.

Digivolt wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:21 pm What's the thinking around limiting the ability to preview sounds ? Also what is the limit ? I didn't find any info on what it is and whether it includes previewing sounds within your own library

The program itself and the integration with the store is great, I just thinking limiting the ability to preview sounds is counter productive to getting users to buy sounds, if they can't hear them they're less likely to make a purchase no ?

Unless I'm missing something re the previews ?
The way to get points is to subscribe. If you subscribe previews are unlimited. If you don't subscribe it still makes a great sample manager and you can dip into the free content albeit with limited previews.

Does that make sense?

I tried LC5 and it is a nice incremental update to LC. However I have uninstalled it and went back to LC4 due to the fact that they tried so hard to push everyone into the new subscriptions. I personally don't like subscriptions and will not use a product that essentially requires one. I have spent a good amount of money with loopmasters.com and I like their products but as a hobbyist I don't want to have to pay continuously for things I don't need. In LC5 they disabled/excluded just enough features to make the free version waste of time for me compared to version 4. The fact that you can't buy points without a subscription is the final deal breaker for me.

Cyforce wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:08 am No you don`t do anything wrong, so far on Loopclould only Loopmaster`s exclusive labels are integrated. And not all of the 74 are exclusively distributed by them. But i guess, some non-exclusive labels will follow soon and will be added as well.
Thanks for the info, looking forward to more joining in, find it far easier using loopcloud to find what I want, can only get a general feel for sample packs listening to demos on loopmasters.

whats the difference between loopcloud and loopcloud - no open gl (and which one do i use?)

How can a dude get a copy of LC 3 or 4 :?: Appreciate some advice :phones:

what other changes are being worked on for later updates?

I thought we were going to get a save multitrack feature soon. That would be very very useful in the creative process. This was something that was being worked upon. Is that still in the works? Or do I have the wrong impression.

shiv10 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:12 am I thought we were going to get a save multitrack feature soon. That would be very very useful in the creative process. This was something that was being worked upon. Is that still in the works? Or do I have the wrong impression.
Next to the Download File button there are two folder icons. Bottom left. Click and you get a “+” sign. This saves the full multitrack state to your Loopcloud Contents folder. You have two options : the top folder saves the loops as they are from the store or your computer and the bottom one saves the loops post FX settings and adjustments. You can then drop these loops in your DAW but it does warn you that it doesn't work in every DAW. Hope this is of some help.

Wish they’d hurry up and finish the Loopcloud V5 User Guide.

shiv10 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:12 am I thought we were going to get a save multitrack feature soon. That would be very very useful in the creative process. This was something that was being worked upon. Is that still in the works? Or do I have the wrong impression.

Should be in 5.0.24 which you can download now from loopcloud.com.

Is that what you are after?

Also - if it was there and you couldn't find it, where did you look? We were having a debate about whether this menu was obvious enough...!
Last edited by jcredland on Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

bassline22 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:48 am whats the difference between loopcloud and loopcloud - no open gl (and which one do i use?)
Use the regular one. Early versions had a problem with OpenGL compatibility on some old Windows versions/graphics cards so the Non OpenGL version fixed non-displaying fonts for those users. I think we've solve the problem now by not relying on OpenGL and doing better graphics optimisation for Windows so I can probably remove the other desktop icon!

kevinwayne wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:15 pm How can a dude get a copy of LC 3 or 4 :?: Appreciate some advice :phones:
I uploaded both versions 3 and 4 and sent a link to you via PM, which you read, but did not respond to.

That is how a dude can get a copy of LC 3 and 4!

You are welcome.

codec_spurt wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:06 am
kevinwayne wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:15 pm How can a dude get a copy of LC 3 or 4 :?: Appreciate some advice :phones:
I uploaded both versions 3 and 4 and sent a link to you via PM, which you read, but did not respond to.

That is how a dude can get a copy of LC 3 and 4!

You are welcome.
Thanks~! I saw a notification that said I had a message, but could't see it for some reason.

I have a feature request, if you can already do this, could someone point out what I need to do. Ability to create folders in the user library for cloud based samples, my free collection is getting out of hand, plus I’d like to have folders for break loops etc. I changed laptops between the v4 to v5 upgrade and my new inspiration from loopmasters folder is missing, most of the free stuff used to go in there.

Updated to version 5, bought a minimum subscription and was pleasantly surprised that unused points were transferred to the next month

Return to “Instruments”