Loopmasters Loopcloud 5 going subscription

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

johntunes wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:17 pm I really want to love loopcloud, but after trying it for a few days it seems rather "slugish?" Everything takes a bloody long time to load, and many of the preview panes don't populate for 10 or more seconds. Is this standard? Also, is there a manual? I sunc my personal library, but can't find any explanation as to how i would search it. It merely shows up as a directory of all my sounds. is that normal? ugh! thanks.
everybody wants to love Loopcloud cause it's based around a real producer need!!
and yes it is very sluggish...and instable, but hopefully it will be debugged and improved...
the manual for vers 5 is not yet...
after all your samples have been indexed they are given "tags" (like genre, instruments, label etc) and you can populate a search list according to these tags (ex conga-loop-latin-loopmasters, 120-145 bpm)
there are lots of video reviews and tutorial on youtube...

johntunes wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:17 pm I really want to love loopcloud, but after trying it for a few days it seems rather "slugish?" Everything takes a bloody long time to load, and many of the preview panes don't populate for 10 or more seconds. Is this standard? Also, is there a manual? I sunc my personal library, but can't find any explanation as to how i would search it. It merely shows up as a directory of all my sounds. is that normal? ugh! thanks.
John, were we talking on facebook last night? If so hopefully we've got the search thing sorted? Also - can you tell me which preview pane is taking 10 or more seconds to load. Perhaps it'd be worth sending your api.log to support@loopmasters.com and we can check to see if it's a slow network causing the problems.

The core features of loopcloud work without any network at all though and should go fast on any reasonable machine (assuming you've not loaded 14 million samples in, in which case search may take a few seconds - though we have some ideas on speeding this up for power users!).

loopus wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:28 pm And....how to do boolean searches? i remember it used to be possible in some old version...
Works only for user library searching so make sure you disable the 'store' button after searching. You may get a error message if you search the store with any advanced boolean search features.

Also - you can save and load your favourite searches by clicking on the magnifying glass.

The fancy search features below can be slower than using the tags or plain text searches.

Text Search
Case insensitive. Just enter some text to use this search. It searches the file name, including the extension, but not including the folder name.

Boolean search
Use AND, OR, NOT and parentheses to refine your search.

Examples:

Code: Select all

Reggae AND NOT Drum
kick OR (tom AND low) 
Search Prefixes
Prefixes are easy to add to the software. We’ve added some for the most important fields.
BPM Search
Search by bpm using:

bpm:120-124
Tags
Search for a Tag searching, e.g.
tag:House
Tags with spaces need to be in quotes, including the tag: prefix.

"tag:Drum Loops"
Searching for a tag includes all the sub-tags in the hierarchy of tags. So searching for tag:House includes all types of house music, and searching for

NOT tag:Genre
Will show all samples not tagged with any genre.

Use

exacttag:House
if you really only want to see items with the specific tag of house (and not the sub-tags of House).

You can also search by UUID, if you happen to know the UUID of the tag you are looking for. It looks something like this:

tag:123e4567-e89b-12d3-a456-426655440000   
You can get the UUID of a tag in the tag manager. The UUID may be useful if you end up with two tags with the same name. The UUID does not change if you rename a tag, nor if Loopmasters rename a tag, so may be a good option when writing scripts that may be used some time in the future.
Regular Expressions - Power User Tool
Nerd friendly and powerful. They let you perform magic. You can find all the files with WAV extensions that start with the word BASS and contain a number in the file name. If you can think of it regular expressions can do it. Regular expressions are also case sensitive, unlike our other kinds of search.

regex:.*\d{1,3}_.*
The regular expression format is documented here:
http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/regex/ECMAScript/
Folder name searches
These are case insensitive:

folder:drums
Again, use quotes around the whole thing if you need spaces in there, like

“folder:drum loops”
There are a few more of these features which I still need to document, but those are the most useful ones!

@jcredland please be sure to keep this thread updated if/when any of the suggestions mentioned in this thread are added. As soon as we can get better library sorting added, I'll probably make the jump.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:05 pm Pluginboutique is offering Loopcloud to me free, with about 800 mb of samples. Should I bother installing it if I'm not intending on getting a subscription?
I'll just use the raw samples no need for the software as long as it isn't fast as hell.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

m-ac wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:38 am @jcredland please be sure to keep this thread updated if/when any of the suggestions mentioned in this thread are added. As soon as we can get better library sorting added, I'll probably make the jump.
I think important new is:
  • We are about to beta the feature that allows you to hide files and folders from search results and the tree view. That'll hopefully help with a bit of tidying up.

The latest update (out already) makes it a lot easier to get the sidebar you like.

We are have reduced the number of store results returned each time and also added a 'get more results' button which improves the perceived speed of store/combined search. Though we have more work going on look at this still as it could be better.
What do you mean by library sorting?

@jcredland thanks for the explanation about the boolean search...i think i read about it in the old loopcloud manual and i am happy to know that you kept all these powerful features...
although i have the feeling that "the grammar" has changed a bit in loopcloud 5..
for instance the colon : became a dot . Am i wrong
instead of folder:drums now is
folder.drums
and also i wasn't able to do a AND and NOT filter til now...but i must say that every experiment has been really difficult because of the constant crashes (i found out it crashes even when indexing is in pause mode and yes i emailed support with the sample)
also another possible bug? ordering by sample duration does not work...

jcredland wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:00 pm
m-ac wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:38 am @jcredland please be sure to keep this thread updated if/when any of the suggestions mentioned in this thread are added. As soon as we can get better library sorting added, I'll probably make the jump.
I think important new is:
  • We are about to beta the feature that allows you to hide files and folders from search results and the tree view. That'll hopefully help with a bit of tidying up.

The latest update (out already) makes it a lot easier to get the sidebar you like.

We are have reduced the number of store results returned each time and also added a 'get more results' button which improves the perceived speed of store/combined search. Though we have more work going on look at this still as it could be better.
What do you mean by library sorting?
Hiding certain file types and folders, being able to organise files in situations where you might buy 1 sample from 100 different packs, and not having these clutter up your library of full packs. There's probably more I've requested throughout this thread as I came up against them, but those are 2 off the top of my head.

Loopcloud 5 is obviosly update to roll everyone to subscription, anyone got LC4 installer and can you run it both?

any plans to add to the great presets menu? Would def love more drum midi presets to allow producers to piece together a drum loop using different one shots..

I'm a fan of Loopcloud. I just wish it had a star rating system instead of favorites.

loopcloud promised and used to have 150 free samples a week....now 5 free samples a day and if you do not claim it everyday you will loose it....great update...thanks

whens the new update due? the one where you hide folders

We are just testing the hiding update this week. I expect it'll be out next.

can we move the local.db file to a different hard drive or is this possible to look at in a future update.. its fairly large so would be handy if i could move it to a larger drive rather than my c:drive..

Return to “Instruments”