Any love for ANA2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

recursive one wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:41 pm Yes, Rapid has pretty tame sounding FM (which is not even FM as far as I know, rather PM).
Nearly no synth uses real FM... the most do Phase Modulation instead as it is much more useable and musical... real FM is very hard to tame respectively to get something harmonic out of...
WIP mix, unfinished, unmastered (and not sure if ever will be), just an example of FM sounds from Virus which I personally like (at 3:00)
Ok, you are more on the bubbly side of FM sounds... 8)
That´s the reason you don´t like the FM feature of Serum as it´s not the best synth to get this kind of sounds from...
I like them a lot more gritty so Serum or Operator are perfect for me...

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:38 pm
tehlord wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:44 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:47 pm
I haven't really been using the sample osc much as I feel like they really need to change the way the parameters behave. It's been brought up before but moving one parameter should not change another one.
Not sure what you mean?
Often when you adjust one parameter in the sample section, it moves another knob. This should never be the case, especially for automatable parameters. It's been discussed plenty in the other ANA thread.

Oh yeah that would be weird. I've never come across it, so it must be a specific set of circumstances.

tehlord wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:02 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:38 pm
tehlord wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:44 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:47 pm
I haven't really been using the sample osc much as I feel like they really need to change the way the parameters behave. It's been brought up before but moving one parameter should not change another one.
Not sure what you mean?
Often when you adjust one parameter in the sample section, it moves another knob. This should never be the case, especially for automatable parameters. It's been discussed plenty in the other ANA thread.

Oh yeah that would be weird. I've never come across it, so it must be a specific set of circumstances.
Yeah but pretty common circumstance. Any time you adjust the start knob or loop end knob, the loop start knob will move.

Vortifex wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:32 pm That's a nice track. I loved that formant lead sound that came in at 4:05.
Trancit wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:40 pm Ok, you are more on the bubbly side of FM sounds... 8)
That´s the reason you don´t like the FM feature of Serum as it´s not the best synth to get this kind of sounds from...
I like them a lot more gritty so Serum or Operator are perfect for me...
I use various FM sounds, incl those I make in Serum, but these "liquid" or "bubbly" as you say Virus FM sounds are special :)

I unce tried to understand the actual difference between FM and PM but either the explanation I read was too complicated or I'm to stupid
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Anybody updated to 2.0.94?
I was only notified today. The timestamps of the files point more to mid-December 2019.
v2.0.94
- FIXED: Issue with Pro Tools crashing
- FIXED: Issue with MIDI learn causing a crash on GUI load

recursive one wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:39 pm
I unce tried to understand the actual difference between FM and PM but either the explanation I read was too complicated or I'm to stupid
Closest I ever came to understanding it was when Urs, if Im not mistaken, explained that FM is like driving down a street and looking at the buildings as you pass them, and PM is like sitting in a still car and the buildings are moving past you. Still dont know how to apply that to the actual difference but it’s a start I guess :lol:

Butwug wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:53 am
recursive one wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:39 pm
Closest I ever came to understanding it was when Urs, if Im not mistaken, explained that FM is like driving down a street and looking at the buildings as you pass them, and PM is like sitting in a still car and the buildings are moving past you. Still dont know how to apply that to the actual difference but it’s a start I guess :lol:
I've read that explanation too but it didn't help me much :oops:

Anyways, I know where that FM knob is in the synths I'm using, that's enough for me :)

I took another look at Ana after I couldn't realize an idea with other synths in a reasonable way.
For Serum I was missing a third wavetable oscillator. Dune was too cumbersome with the layers.
With Ana it was the easiest and with the result I was so satisfied, that I used it also in a song.

I used a waveform from my Virus XL with 5x unison (2nd oscillator 1 octave higher). The Filter Decay is modulated with an LFO and a third oscillator provides some movement in the background.
This is the sequence with a delay (Echoboy Jr Ping Pong 1/8d)

Ana Sequence

Here this sequence in the finished track:
https://soundcloud.com/52degree/24-hour ... t-sample-1
Last edited by 4damind on Sun May 24, 2020 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

4damind wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:33 pm I took another look at Ana after I couldn't realize an idea with other synths in a reasonable way.
For Serum I was missing a third wavetable oscillator. Dune was too cumbersome with the layers.
With Ana it was the easiest and with the result I was so satisfied, that I used it also in a song.

I used a waveform from my Virus XL with 5x unison (2nd oscillator 1 octave higher). The Filter Decay is modulated with an LFO and a third oscillator provides some movement in the background.

Ana Sequence

https://soundcloud.com/52degree/24-hour ... at/s-f1waS
Sounds lovely, very nice character

And your track is really good. :tu:

recursive one wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:37 pm
4damind wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:33 pm I took another look at Ana after I couldn't realize an idea with other synths in a reasonable way.

Ana Sequence

https://soundcloud.com/52degree/24-hour ... at/s-f1waS
Sounds lovely, very nice character

And your track is really good. :tu:
Thank you! :love:

Btw, was it ana 1 or 2?

recursive one wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:32 pm Btw, was it ana 1 or 2?
Ana 2

Suddenly I lost the connection between Ana2 and the preset folder.
The browser is totally empty now. The factory and my own presets are already there,
but I just don´t know how to connect them again.
Please, if anyone ran into this issue please tell me how to fix this.
Win7x64 Bitwig2
The average bored guy

tony10000 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:56 am I noticed that there isn't much discussion about ANA2 these days except for the fact that Slate Digital has made it a part of its "all access" SAAS bundle. I think it is a great sounding synth with plenty of features and a really distinctive sound. It also has a great sound library and affordable expansions. What is not to love?
Thread may be a little old but Im commenting anyway. I got Ana 2 not too long ago at a discount. My usual go to synth is Dune 3, which I love, but I have to say, I'm really liking Ana 2. It has that "bite" to it. It just sounds really good to my ears. I find it compliments Dune 3 nicely. In the real of supersaws, if Dune may provide the sound of the bee's "buzz" Ana 2 can come along and provide the "sting".

Return to “Instruments”