Any love for ANA2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Have they acknowledged the ultra slow wavetable loading bug yet? I’m not sure how to reproduce it predictably, it just sort of happens a lot.

Perhaps it's not a bug but simply the way it works? Maybe it doesn't load everything into RAM? It could be anything.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Ana 2 is the slowest loading synth i own i think, maybe apart from Iris 2.
I think it depends on the amount of wavetables in the 'library'.
It was slow to load before, now it seems even slower since i added a heap of wavetables. Not 100% sure though.
It's stable though. Just very slow to load the GUI.

what's the 'slow loading wavetable bug'?

sqigls wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:56 pm
what's the 'slow loading wavetable bug'?
It's not a bug....it's a feature :wink:
No auto tune...

I don't find ANA appreciably slower than most 64 bit VSTi. They all seem to be much slower than in the old days of 32 bit plugins. Songs that used to load in a couple of seconds can take 20-30 seconds these days, which I think is going to be a real problem on stage. By far the worst offender we have is NI Battery, closely followed by Kontakt and Reaktor, so I have replaced Battery in our live songs with one or another of Ujam's Beatmaker plugins, which load quite quickly. I may also have to look at getting rid of the other NI plugins in our live sets if we need to but ANA isn't anywhere near as slow to load as they are.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:31 pm Perhaps it's not a bug but simply the way it works? Maybe it doesn't load everything into RAM? It could be anything.
I doubt it is intentional for wavetables to sometimes load normally and sometimes to take half a minute to load. Like I said I haven't figured how to make it happen, it seems to randomly happen and then at that point on all wavetables load slowly.

Have you checked your RAM usage? It might just be that your RAM is filling up and it is loading from your swap-file.

I think it’s been mentioned in another thread that for most people the longest wavetable load time is around 1.5 seconds. If it’s half of minute for you, there must be another software/OS issue (in that thread the guy figured his AV was the culprit)
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

:party: I get long loading times.... sometimes. It's usually pretty swift but every now and then it slows down quite a bit.

Anyone else find the comb filter pretty lacking? I don't like it nearly as much as the one on my blofeld.
In the future there will be robots!

i don't love ANA2 but Im lucky my wife does :clap:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I love Ana 2

But I agree slow load

Sylenth is the fastest load synth I have used

Faster than Legend? On my system, Legend appears almost instantly. Most synths that don't have to load big samples or wavetables tend to load pretty quickly. That said, V-Station is probably the slowest synth plugin to load, although it has nothing on Battery, which takes absolutely forever to start. ANA is pretty quick, only a second or two.

No problems with slow loading here, but then I have not imported any new wavetables.

Ana2 has, over time, become my favourite VST synth, and I own many of the big boy synths.

I think it sounds top-notch, the GUI is pleasing to me, it's easy/fast to work with, and the Arp/CMD combo is simply kick ass. A no-nonsense workhorse.

I even paid full price, but no regrets at all. Big thumbs up :tu:

I haven’t noticed it loading all that slowly. And I’ve done some more testing and really can’t seem to reproduce the slow wavetable loading. Thinking about it more, I think half a minute was an exaggeration, but I do remember it seeming to get stuck sometimes loading wavetables for at least 10 seconds maybe 15 or longer.

I don’t think it was a ram issue though as I specifically remember it happening when the only thing I had loaded was ANA 2. So who knows.

for the record i'm running OSX10.14.6. I have 16GB RAM. it's a Macbook pro mid 2012.
the slow loading is consistent through all DAWs.
It might be a graphics thing? It's slow to load on initial load and each time the GUI is opened.
Most of my synths have a fairly small graphics footprint, and I barely even have any synths rendered to audio. My machine is reporting a max RAM usage of about 8 GB on big projects, and I don't use sample instruments like Kontakt or anything.

Return to “Instruments”