Any love for ANA2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

4damind wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:44 pm I'm not so sure about Ana 2, I own Ana 1 and for the upgrade there is only a small discount of £15 (Ana 2 would cost me about 100€).
I had tested the demo but I was not so enthusiastic about it that I bought Ana2 right away.
Missed out on the recent sale? I picked it up new for something like $60 or $70. Can't remember.

Yeah, I missed the recent sale. But I wasn't sure if I really need Ana 2. Ana1 has been in my plugin folder for ages without having used it

4damind wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:38 pm Yeah, I missed the recent sale. But I wasn't sure if I really need Ana 2. Ana1 has been in my plugin folder for ages without having used it
It depends on your preferences, of course, but it's worth knowing that ANA 2 uses a new sound engine. I never tested ANA 1, but many users who have both versions say ANA 2 sounds much better.

But it's also worth knowing that ANA 2 sound engine is anything but neutral. The sound has some texture, some harshness. Some people love it, some people hate it. For me, it's an instant Synthwave machine, partly because of this texture. But this is just a matter of personal taste.
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

nachenko wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:53 am I never tested ANA 1, but many users who have both versions say ANA 2 sounds much better.
ANA 1 has, at times, hilarious amounts of aliasing. So much so, it's worth keeping around to use as a special effect as the way it aliases is fairly predictable and easy to dial in. So, yes, it's definitely a newer engine in v2 - and it does sound pretty good.

nachenko wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:53 am But it's also worth knowing that ANA 2 sound engine is anything but neutral. The sound has some texture, some harshness. Some people love it, some people hate it. For me, it's an instant Synthwave machine, partly because of this texture. But this is just a matter of personal taste.
Exactly, for me ANA2 is currently my number one choice for synthwave stuff together with Serum and Spire.

At the end it's a matter of tastes. I've been testing other synths that have a lot of praise here and in other forums and I personally didn't see anything special on them, not even a better sound, and finally decided to go with ANA2, it just sound better to my ears and fits better my music taste.

I bought ANA2 last year but only spent serious time with it in the past week.

It may not be shiny-shiny but it''s a great-sounding, all-round workhorse synth. The Arp and Chord sections really set it apart, providing some lovely results. I was initially nonplussed by the filters but they are quite nice once you get to know them better.

I was put off buying ANA2 because I found some bugs in ANA1 which were never resolved :/
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

4damind wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:38 pm Yeah, I missed the recent sale. But I wasn't sure if I really need Ana 2. Ana1 has been in my plugin folder for ages without having used it
They are completely different really, while being similar in the ways that made ANA1 good. Sample oscillators, better analogue style filters and CMD/Arp section alone are reasons to grab ANA2, not to mention the wavetable oscillators.

Jbravo wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:14 am I was put off buying ANA2 because I found some bugs in ANA1 which were never resolved :/
ANA2 was completely re-written from the ground up, and is now remarkably bug free.

It sounds greate. But I don´t use it that often, couse the UI is somewhat.........confusing and not easy to understand, IMHO

tehlord wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:28 am
Jbravo wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:14 am I was put off buying ANA2 because I found some bugs in ANA1 which were never resolved :/
ANA2 was completely re-written from the ground up, and is now remarkably bug free.

I get that, I just resent paying again when the first product was defective and wasn't fixed. I'd upgrade if it was a knock-down price
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

classic wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:32 am It sounds greate. But I don´t use it that often, couse the UI is somewhat.........confusing and not easy to understand, IMHO
Really? For me it's one of the easiest UI to understand out there, the only thing I consider confusing sometimes is switching the central view to have the augmented view of the graphic envelope or the arp, eq and such... but watching at their free tutorials on how to use it I find this is one of the easiest to understand UI's on a soft synth. I would really recommend you to watch those videos in case you haven't already

Btw. can the sub-oscillator also be routed through the filter? By default it seems to bypass the filter (I have the demo version running)

4damind wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:07 pm Btw. can the sub-oscillator also be routed through the filter? By default it seems to bypass the filter (I have the demo version running)
I've just tested it at home and I am having no issues using the filter only on the sub oscillator if that's what you mean. I wonder if it's a restriction for the demo version

ANA2 is a pretty good synth, but the presets it comes with don't really make use of it's capabilities.

4damind wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:07 pm Btw. can the sub-oscillator also be routed through the filter? By default it seems to bypass the filter (I have the demo version running)
The sub is routed to the same filter as the main osc that it’s tied to.

Return to “Instruments”