NI Komplete Kontrol - Can I use it with an unregistered Kontrol Keyboard?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been offered a Kontrol keyboard with no software so will I be able to use it with the Komplete Kontrol software?
Ideally, being able to update it via Native Access but I suppose it would need to be registered to be seen in Access?
Thanks

agharta wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:33 am I've been offered a Kontrol keyboard with no software
I wonder why... the former owner can do nothing with the software anymore anyway, when he doesn't have the hardware registered to his account anymore. I don't know what software is shipped with the KK keyboards, though.

If you get the original hardware serial from the former owner, you registered, and can use all the software which you are eligible to use with the hardware anyway, i believe. Don't buy the hardware without being able to register the hardware serial to your NI account, i would say. See here: https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... re-Bundle-

The keyboards come with no software at all, you have to register and then download everything.

If you download the free version of Komplete, the keyboard will work with that no problem. Registering might get you a few additional plugins and soundpacks though.

To be clear, I have a S61 Mark2 :-D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

Thanks for the replies.
I’d already asked NI and they said I’d need to register a Keyboard to be able to use the Komplete Kontrol software.
But I see that their website shows that Komplete Start comes with KK so I tested that and it works so all good. :D
I bought a customer return and the original buyer didn’t de-register the software hence my query here and to NI.
I have a high end version of Komplete so I just want KK and for a 40% saving on the cost of the Controller I’m happy. :tu:

Return to “Instruments”