Available now: Tone2 Icarus2.5 - Wavetable Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

I think there are different arp modes in the options you might check it out. Also might be that it collides with Bitwig 3.1's new note chase feature?

Even if I load Icarus in the standalone version of Komplete Kontrol and load up any preset from the Arpeggiator menu, the arpeggiator start running, the arpeggiator should only be playing when I play or trigger notes.
Anyone else experiencing the same issues?
Icarus2 32 and 64 bit
Windows 10 1909 64BIT
Intel I7

Hi, please don't kill me if this has been asked an answered already.
I just bought the Icarus 2 update.
is there a way in the browser to go to just the new presets?
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

it's cool to see others mentioning things I also investigate. currently i don't know how to make the drum seq, the glitch seq or the arp to be triggered by keys i will check the manual.

dune_rave wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:21 am it's cool to see others mentioning things I also investigate. currently i don't know how to make the drum seq, the glitch seq or the arp to be triggered by keys i will check the manual.
What DAW are you using?
The arp etc should definitely be triggered by keys but it's not working. Also own Electra and Gladiator and it's working flawlessly.

currently i don't know how to make the drum seq, the glitch seq or the arp to be triggered by keys
It's not a bug. It's a feature.

Setup

The setup section in Icarus covers the general settings like Trigger modes, Oscillator punch settings,
Skin preferences, MPE support and the Master Tuning control.

■ Trigger-mode

The trigger mode menu allows you to control which Arpeggiator / LFO synchronization settings will be
used by Icarus.

◦ Arp/Lfo hard trig – Uses Hard Trigger mode for the arpeggiator & LFOs.
◦ Arp/Lfo Free – Uses Free Running mode for the arpeggiator & LFOs.
◦ Arp/Lfo Sof hard – Uses Soft Hard mode for the arpeggiator & LFOs.
◦ Arp/Lfo Sof trig – Retriggers monophonic LFOs afer 1 second of silence.
◦ Arp/Lfo Classic trig – Allows to set free mode for every LFO individually.

aon wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:54 am
dune_rave wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:21 am it's cool to see others mentioning things I also investigate. currently i don't know how to make the drum seq, the glitch seq or the arp to be triggered by keys i will check the manual.
What DAW are you using?
The arp etc should definitely be triggered by keys but it's not working. Also own Electra and Gladiator and it's working flawlessly.
Do you mean the ARP seems to be running, because the position indicator in the GUI moves without a not coming in? Or does the ARP actualy play notes without you doing anything?
What you might try is to go to "Setup" and check out the ARP Trigger-Modes in the left top row of the settings panel.
In my setup this is set to "ARP/LFO hard trig" which resets ARP and LFO Phase on incoming notes and acutualy starts plaing notes. Without me feeding in something the play position indicator moves on its own as well...

Markus Krause wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:04 am
currently i don't know how to make the drum seq, the glitch seq or the arp to be triggered by keys
It's not a bug. It's a feature.

Setup

The setup section in Icarus covers the general settings like Trigger modes, Oscillator punch settings,
Skin preferences, MPE support and the Master Tuning control.

■ Trigger-mode

The trigger mode menu allows you to control which Arpeggiator / LFO synchronization settings will be
used by Icarus.

◦ Arp/Lfo hard trig – Uses Hard Trigger mode for the arpeggiator & LFOs.
◦ Arp/Lfo Free – Uses Free Running mode for the arpeggiator & LFOs.
◦ Arp/Lfo Sof hard – Uses Soft Hard mode for the arpeggiator & LFOs.
◦ Arp/Lfo Sof trig – Retriggers monophonic LFOs afer 1 second of silence.
◦ Arp/Lfo Classic trig – Allows to set free mode for every LFO individually.
Thanks Markus!

I can't believe how effing cool this synth is. Tons and tons of work went into this. Every sound is totally
production ready on top of it. Tone2 has come a long way man. I'm totally impressed.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

I have discovered a small bug. All wavetables with the ending WAV do not work in Icarus via the browser. With the extension wav it works. With "Tools, Load Wavetable" it works. At least with me. Can anybody confirm this?
best regards
Piet
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

It did work for me, both .WAV and .wav from browser ;)

However :!: , when renaming one of the wavetables in icarus wavetables folder from "wavetableX" to "wavetableX.WAV" i get 3 error messages loading Icarus...
It stil starts Icarus after those 3 error messages and also the wavetable works, so maybe it has something to do windows/file name resolution somehow?

I think it could be because it ends as "wavetableX.WAV.WAV" from the file hidden extension.. :?:

The file extension .WAV (instead of usual .wav) is the old 8.3 format.
Alternatively referred to as a short file name, the 8.3 format is a file format that supported a maximum file name of eight characters and up to a three character extension. 25 years ago early versions of MS-DOS and Windows only supported 8.3 format files.

If there is demand i can add support for this.

Merry Christmas,
Markus

I am finding that in FL Studio I need to use the "Use fixed size buffers" option or I get crackles and pops with Icarus 2. Does anyone else have the same issue?

I just thought I'd drop in here and give a "thanks" to the user (we'll say anonymous) that pointed me to the possible cause of my load times and a huge respective thanks to Markus for the quick fix that works flawlessly. To those that think 12 second load times are no big deal, you need a new computer. Mine loads up when I click on it now. That is all, Icarus on!
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

rlared wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:36 am I am finding that in FL Studio I need to use the "Use fixed size buffers" option or I get crackles and pops with Icarus 2. Does anyone else have the same issue?
This is a well-known design flaw of FL Studio's VST interface which hasn't been fixed since a decade... I did measurements in the past and found out that it is badly designed and suffers from extreme jitter. As a result CPU spikes appear and especially complex plugins can start to crackle.
FL Studio is the only host which suffers from this. It also affects a wide range of plugins from other developers. I had contacted Imageline for several times about it but my reports got ignored. Instead of fixing the mess Imageline blames the plugin-developers for it ("the plugin is buggy"). Please refer to the support of Imageline about it.

Settings for all hosts:

Make sure that you enabled multicore/multithread support in your host. Icarus, Nemesis, Electra2, Gladiator2, RayBlaster, FireBird and UltraSpace are modern software and support multicore CPUs. They distribute CPU load on up to 4 cores per instance. This reduces the CPU load, prevents crackles and allows a lower latency setting for your soundcard.

Recommended sample-rate: 96kHz

FL Studio / Fruity Loops:

Go to the processing options in FL Studio and select 'use fixed size buffers' and 'Allow threaded processing'. Otherwise the FL Studio wrapper will cause random CPU spikes on Tone2 plugins and plugins of many other companies.

http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?PH ... pic=2390.0

Return to “Instruments”