Available now: Tone2 Icarus2

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
shonky
KVRian
948 posts since 21 Nov, 2005

Post Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:19 am

rj0 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:51 pm
Bought Icarus 1.6 on sale over BF/CM weekend...

The addition of MSEGs I see as a definite plus. The rest of the changes, less so. Having just purchased 1.6, I just can't justify the upgrade at $89, not at this time anyway.

Thanks again!
Isn't the upgrade free if you bought it during the grace period?

Markus Krause
KVRist
352 posts since 2 Jul, 2018

Re: Available now: Tone2 Icarus2

Post Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:42 am

Is there any chance for a "Normalize Each Wave" Wavetable function? Currently I have to select almost each wave in a table to edit them manually to normalized level. Hope you are well!
Thanks. Since the release of Icarus2 was very smooth i finally got more time to relax again :-)

- Open the wavetable editor
- Click Mix->'maximize volume'. It boosts all waveforms with +3db without clipping.
- Click Mix->'maximize volume' again for boosting with +6dB
Bought Icarus 1.6 on sale over BF/CM weekend...
Having just purchased 1.6, I just can't justify the upgrade at $89
The upgrade price for the BF/CM sales is not $89. It is either $69 or completely for free. Send an email to markus[ at]tone2[do t]com. I will check out your order

Best Regards,
Markus
Tone2 Audiosoftware https://www.tone2.com

Caine123
KVRAF
6158 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Post Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:18 am

Markus you guys and others need more videos etc. Icarus2 is somehow not much marketed so far?

I cannot wait for the next update for randomization!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Dillinger
KVRist
273 posts since 2 Apr, 2016

Re: Coming soon: Tone2 Icarus2

Post Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:31 am

Markus Krause wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:35 am
- Thomann is a reseller of Best Service products who are a reseller of Tone2 products. That's why after all fees and taxes only 20€ remain for us

- Customers who purchased Icarus1 through our own webshop (www.tone2.com) after April the 1st get the upgrade for free.

- Customers who purchased Icarus1 through a 3rd party reseller between April the 1st and November the 29th 16:00 get the upgrade for free.

- Customers who purchased Icarus1 through a 3rd party reseller after November the 30th 16:00 through a 3rd party reseller will be able to ugrade for the difference price.

- Icarus2 will not be distributed through a 3rd party reseller

- Icarus2 will be the final synthesizer that i will release, since i have health problems and it is not longer economic for us to develop new products. After this one there will be only free updates and soundsets
This seems to be fair, how do I claim the upgrade from the 3rd bullet point?

Also, I’ve read about your health issues, may health and wealth fill your days in 2020.

Markus Krause
KVRist

Post Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:36 am

You are right with this. We spend nearly no money in advertising.
We should do more marketing and videos.

Currently there is only this video is available:
https://www.tone2.com/video/Tone2_Icaru ... _VBR60.mp4

I will do a further video when i got more time again
Last edited by Markus Krause on Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Markus Krause
KVRist

Post Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:40 am

This seems to be fair, how do I claim the upgrade from the 3rd bullet point?
We sent out the free upgrade on December the 5th. You should have received an email with a key and download links. If you did not receive it check your spam-filter. Otherwise contact me markus[a t]tone2[do t].com then i will resend your email.

Best Regards,
Markus

MorpherX
KVRist
149 posts since 17 Feb, 2014

Post Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:56 am

fisherKing wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:45 am
MorpherX wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:30 am
rj0 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:21 pm
Bought Icarus 1.6 on sale over BF/CM weekend.

Upgrade to Icarus 2.0 - $89.

Is the upgrade truly worth that much?

Thoughts?
Icarus 2 is CR (Callange Response) - Dongle Software and reqires Internet connection for activation !!!

The drawback for this drastically change is normally well known:

- Every time your OS crashes you have to activate it online again.
- Every time you change your OS or your hardware you have to activate it also online again.
- If that tone2 server is offline for any reason you are able to activate the product.
- If the company (like Linnplug) stops the business or further support you are also lost with your vsti.
- If the dev gets an heavy illness or dies your vsti is also lost

Beside this, tone2 has no where written in the manual or the support page that this Icarus 2 requires online-connection for activation.

I have not upgraded and don't do this as long as there is such a CR-dongle reqired.
Feature wise the main news are the two MSEGs and the 2 additional sequencers which I personally don't need and the new GUI design.

So, it depends on you what you want to risk, or to achive !!!
i can't tell if you're being serious...

how often does your OS crash? if often, you should look into it.

i updated my OS and my tone2 software (in fact, all my plugins) continue to work.

what are the odds that the company is offline when u need to activate? and this would be true with most plugins.

if tone2 shuts down, the plugin will continue to work.

the last point, am gonna ignore.

these 'sky is falling' posts are juvenile, and pointless. are people really this insecure/paranoid?
This has nothing to do with being paranoid, these are results from long years experiences with software and any kind of dongles.

PhaseTransition
KVRer
7 posts since 14 Dec, 2019

Post Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:12 am

MorpherX wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:56 am

This has nothing to do with being paranoid, these are results from long years experiences with software and any kind of dongles.
What the Dongle are you talking about?
There is no Dongle!
For the very serious reason of copy protection there is an online activation one time.
I can fully understand that Tone2 like many other companies try to protect their software against piracy.
This companies put a lot of effort, time and money into their products.
Therefore they have every right to protect them the way they do.

MorpherX
KVRist

Post Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:31 am

Markus Krause wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:09 am
@MorpherX
Please stop creating rants by distributing bullshit info. Otherwise we will request that you get banned from kvr.
Icarus is... Dongle Software
no. none of our plugins do or did use dongle. We also never did or do use drivers technologies that 'software dongle software' like Syncrosoft/SteinberG/ilok do
Every time your OS crashes you have to activate it online again
Not true. Only if you should format your harddisc.
Every time you change your OS or your hardware you have to activate it also online again.
Not true
If that tone2 server is offline for any reason you are able to activate the product.
True. However it never has been not been down for a single time during the last years. We also do not run an own server. We use a professional provider.
- If the company (like Linnplug) stops the business or further support you are also lost with your vsti.
False. There is currently no reason at all for us to go out of business. We also can guarantee that our products will continue to work
False. There is an emergeny plan. My wife as well as a couple of other trusted people in the company got all info need to be able to run the company also without me
no where written in the manual or the support page that this Icarus 2 requires online-connection for activation.
It is qritten in the system reqeuirements
https://www.tone2.com/icarus-technical.html
That what "you" wrote here is mostly bullshit because Icarus 2 has of course a kind of software dongle, no matter in which way.
What I wrote is basically correct !
And you don't know what happen if your Company is beeing bankrupted or something else happen to you.

Sorry, but you are here the criminal person who did not offer early enough that this Icarus2 will have a software dongle and let people believe there will no be no dongle.
And that criminal and also paranoid behaviour is your real illness.
You are too silly compared to me so that i am no further discuss the facts, which you are denying.
I will never have anything to do with your company but I am fighting against people like you.

enCiphered
KVRian
699 posts since 13 Dec, 2016

Post Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:37 am

MorpherX wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:31 am
Markus Krause wrote:
@MorpherX
Please stop creating rants by distributing bullshit info. Otherwise we will request that you get banned from kvr.
no. none of our plugins do or did use dongle. We also never did or do use drivers technologies that 'software dongle software' like Syncrosoft/SteinberG/ilok do
Every time you change your OS or your hardware you have to activate it also online again.
Not true
If that tone2 server is offline for any reason you are able to activate the product.
True. However it never has been not been down for a single time during the last years. We also do not run an own server. We use a professional provider.
False. There is currently no reason at all for us to go out of business. We also can guarantee that our products will continue to work
False. There is an emergeny plan. My wife as well as a couple of other trusted people in the company got all info need to be able to run the company also without me
no where written in the manual or the support page that this Icarus 2 requires online-connection for activation.
That what "you" wrote here is mostly bullshit because Icarus 2 has of course a kind of software dongle, no matter in which way.
And you don't know what happen if your Company is beeing bankrupted or something else happen to you.

Sorry, but you are here the criminal person who did not offer early enough that this Icarus2 will have a software dongle and let people believe there will no be no dongle.
You are too silly compared to me so that i am no further discuss the facts, which you are denying.
I will never have anything to do with your company but I am fighting against people like you.
I think you have definitely gone too far now. This should stop here

PhaseTransition
KVRer
7 posts since 14 Dec, 2019

Post Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:46 am

enCiphered wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:37 am

True!

MorpherX
KVRist

Post Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:52 am

enCiphered wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:37 am
MorpherX wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:31 am
Markus Krause wrote:
@MorpherX
Not true

Of course I stop it now, because there is no more to discuss or disput.

fisherKing
KVRAF
2113 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Post Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:56 am

MorpherX wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:56 am
thanks for clearing that up... and not reading markus's response (or anyone else's for that matter). :dog:

it's ok to believe what you want, but to keep hammering at it, despite the evidence to the contrary, is not paranoid... but certainly not reasonable. maybe time to let it go? let this thread get back on track...
https://upstatebrooklyn.com
always one plugin short of perfection...

Hanz Meyzer
KVRian
1462 posts since 20 Oct, 2014

Post Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:58 am

Please keep in mind that you can actually move a whole macos system to another drive without reinstalling, so harddrive id might change, but all software related ids not at all. I myself do a 1:1 bootable backup regularly, simply because it is saves a lot of time after a harddrive failure.

You can also check mac EFI smbios parameters instead the harddrive id on macos, which might be a better idea, because it then better reflects the license conditions, e.g. the unique device serial number (not all of these are always available, but I think at least the serial number, board id and the product name are always available, and you can't even switch it easily on hackintosh, because then a lot of stuff will break):
https://mackie100projects.altervista.or ... shot11.png

byllabong
KVRer
28 posts since 13 Dec, 2019

Post Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:00 am

Hanz Meyzer wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:58 am
Please keep in mind that you can actually move a whole macos system to another drive without reinstalling, so harddrive id might change, but all software related ids not at all. I myself do a 1:1 bootable backup regularly, simply because it is saves a lot of time after a harddrive failure.
Doesn't work depending on the SW.

Waves, SoundToys, NI, multiple failed that approach when my HD dies but my clone didn't solve all.

Return to “Instruments”