Available now: Tone2 Icarus2.5 - Wavetable Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

Has anything changed with wavetable editing/creation in the new version? TIA!

Markus Krause wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:11 pm Looking forward to it. 8)
Can i submit several tracks for the content?
Sure! You can raise your chances to win by submitting more than one track
Hi Markus...

Been traveling and just returned to US... I am trying to buy the Icarus 2 upgrade, but twice failed when I made the attempt. I used PayPal and after I submitted the payment, it said no item in the cart even though I had selected it. Is it necessary to have a user account for the upgrade purchase?

David wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:28 pm Has anything changed with wavetable editing/creation in the new version? TIA!
No.

There seems to be some problems with the legato modes that I didn't notice until now. Both legato classic and legato new are behaving weirdly.
Try this:
Pick a lead sound with legato new enabled. Play a note, let's say a C (hold it) then another, let's say an E (hold it), then another, G and hold, then release the last note (G). You'll hear the C play, not the E, which doesn't make sense since the E was played later. Same happens in reverse. Envelope retrig doesn't make any difference.
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pdxindy wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:40 pm I am trying to buy the Icarus 2 upgrade, but twice failed when I made the attempt. I used PayPal and after I submitted the payment, it said no item in the cart even though I had selected it. Is it necessary to have a user account for the upgrade purchase?
They have to be able to identify you as a legitimate owner of version 1. Because licenses are personalized, and so are upgrades.

I am trying to buy the Icarus 2 upgrade, but twice failed when I made the attempt. I used PayPal and after I submitted the payment, it said no item in the cart even though I had selected it. Is it necessary to have a user account for the upgrade purchase?
I think this happens when you block the cookie for the shopping-chart. I recently had another customer who used an iPhone and experienced this.
You could try using a computer.
Or try this link:
https://order.shareit.com/product?vendo ... =300973239

Thank you for supporting our small company!

TheNeverScene wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:26 pm @Markus Krause, are you looking for a particular lufs level? and 96k at 16 or 24 bit?
96kHz with 24bit is great :tu:

Markus Krause wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:05 am
I am trying to buy the Icarus 2 upgrade, but twice failed when I made the attempt. I used PayPal and after I submitted the payment, it said no item in the cart even though I had selected it. Is it necessary to have a user account for the upgrade purchase?
I think this happens when you block the cookie for the shopping-chart. I recently had another customer who used an iPhone and experienced this.
You could try using a computer.
Or try this link:
https://order.shareit.com/product?vendo ... =300973239

Thank you for supporting our small company!
Hi Markus,

Thanks for the reply.

I used my laptop the first time... not the phone.

I just tried that link and it takes me to the same place as I was the first two times. However, this time I used a credit card instead of PayPal and the credit card worked. So something went wrong with PayPal. Anyway, it is taken care of now!

Actually, I am having trouble getting Icarus 2 installed. I downloaded the linked file in the email I received after purchase. I installed (Mac version) and it says it is a demo. It makes no sound at all. I am using it in Bitwig.

This is a new computer so I have not installed Icarus 1. Since I purchased the upgrade, do I need to install Icarus 1 first? I assumed I could just install v2 and have the v1 license key at hand.

I've found no read me file with details on installation and what needs to be done. Is there one somewhere?

'Icarus.t2k' is the license for Icarus1.x . It does not work for unlocking Icarus2.

You have received a file called 'Icarus2.t2k' with the email that contains the download-links. It is the Icarus2 license. You must use this one to activate it.

If you need further assistance please send an email to support[ at]tone2[dot]com . Troels will assist you.

Best Regards,
Markus

Three patches from Elevation for Icarus in action using the updated version 2 of Icarus.

https://youtu.be/5M4EzU_TdtA

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:17 am There seems to be some problems with the legato modes that I didn't notice until now. Both legato classic and legato new are behaving weirdly.
Try this:
Pick a lead sound with legato new enabled. Play a note, let's say a C (hold it) then another, let's say an E (hold it), then another, G and hold, then release the last note (G). You'll hear the C play, not the E, which doesn't make sense since the E was played later. Same happens in reverse. Envelope retrig doesn't make any difference.
Ok this is definitely a problem.
In “Legato classic”, when the last played note is released , it triggers the first note that was played which is still being held
In “Legato new”, when the last played note is released, it triggers the highest note that is being held.

No wonder the pitch was jumping all over the place on fast passages. Normally in mono mode, synths play the most recent note still being held when a note is released. I was so busy enjoying pads and soundscapes I never got around to playing leads and monosynths with Icarus yet!

Reported to Tone2, hopefully it can be sorted.

Markus Krause wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:35 pm 'Icarus.t2k' is the license for Icarus1.x . It does not work for unlocking Icarus2.

You have received a file called 'Icarus2.t2k' with the email that contains the download-links. It is the Icarus2 license. You must use this one to activate it.

If you need further assistance please send an email to support[ at]tone2[dot]com . Troels will assist you.

Best Regards,
Markus
Hi Markus,

Thanks for the reply...

I already did download the Icarus2.t2k. I tried again in Logic and that worked. Problem solved for me.

@pdxindy and all Logic users: The caching of AU plugins in Logic sometimes can cause trouble with new installations. It is a problem of Logic and does not only affect our plugins.
Make sure that you completely close the host during an installation.
If restarting Logic does not solve the problem rebooting the Mac usually solves it.
@Echoes: I sent you an email
"Has anything changed with wavetable editing/creation in the new version?"
Only a couple of minor enhancements
Three patches from Elevation for Icarus in action using the updated version 2 of Icarus.
https://youtu.be/5M4EzU_TdtA
@Sampleconstruct: Great! Keep up your fanstastic sound-design work :-)

@sampleconstruct Loved that!
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Return to “Instruments”