Available now: Tone2 Icarus2.5 - Wavetable Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

Markus Krause wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:00 am update:

Drum-sequencer:

Icarus2 has beed extended with a Drum-sequencer. It is an easy-to-use, but powerful X0X-style sequencer-module.
It comes with a wide variety of drum-sounds, noises and waveforms. You can also import your own samples in wav-format and save your own templates.
A large collection of drum patterns created by professional designers is included.
It supports swing, shuffle, loop-length, effect send, key-split, roll, mono samples, stereo samples, looped samples and looped waveforms.
Your sounds can be passed through punchy, BPM-synced envelopes, which allow you to create impressive gated-drum-sounds easily.
The Drum-sequencer is able to stretch drum-loops that have been recorded in wav-format, so that they automatically sync to BPM.
Furthermore, the Drum-sequencer is not only limited to playing drum sounds. It is able to play looped mono and stereo-samples or waveforms with or without pitch-tracking.
It does also come with a smart auto-accompaniment which automatically resolves the chord that you are currently playing and plays a bassline that 'fits'.

Glitch-sequencer:

Icarus2 had been extended with a grid-based Glitch-sequencer. You can chop your sounds to get modern glitchy, stuttering effects.
The 'Glitch' works similar to a multi-effect sequencer. The incoming audio is passed through 10 effects. Each effect is controlled by up to 16 segments to adjust the parameter of the effect.
Furthermore, it is possible to adjust the speed, routing, mix, smoothness and loop-length.
Random-buttons allow you to create new sounds quicky. It is also possible to load and save your own templates.

New features:

- Icarus2 does come with over 1500 patches created by professionals
- A massive number of additional wavetables, waveforms and samples
What the heck..??!

Tone2 is on steroids :D
Icarus mutates into the biggest release in 2019

ok so KVR is telling me Icarus has been updated to 2.0, so has it been released I'm not seeing anything?

sureno wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:54 pm ok so KVR is telling me Icarus has been updated to 2.0, so has it been released I'm not seeing anything?
Patience is a virtue.
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:33 pm
sureno wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:54 pm ok so KVR is telling me Icarus has been updated to 2.0, so has it been released I'm not seeing anything?
Patience is a virtue.

I thought it was due out end of this month so assuming it’s a mistake?

Pretty amazing amount of new stuff. Don't think I'd ever use a drum sequencer within a synth (I like to have that in a separate plugin) but impressive non the less how much has been added. Glitch sequencer will be cool with arps and sequences.

Sorry, 79 Euro, > 50 % of the regular prize, for an upgrade and no intro-offer thats ridiculous even with all the improvements. I am sure that is the prize where you will get lots of good synths for in black friday sale at 50 % (while there is NO sale at all at Tone2 just this price cut some years ago and since then sold as "sale"). I think you lost me with this upgrade price. I am happy with 1.6 but of course would have upgraded for any reasonable offer (and if it is only as intro offer for a week or so).

tatanka wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:26 pm Sorry, 79 Euro, > 50 % of the regular prize, for an upgrade and no intro-offer thats ridiculous even with all the improvements. I am sure that is the prize where you will get lots of good synths for in black friday sale at 50 % (while there is NO sale at all at Tone2 just this price cut some years ago and since then sold as "sale"). I think you lost me with this upgrade price. I am happy with 1.6 but of course would have upgraded for any reasonable offer (and if it is only as intro offer for a week or so).
Markus haven't said anything about the price yet, let's hope of course is not 79€ (I know this would be not very well received) or that there is at least some good intro price, who knows.

He said in the first page:
Markus Krause wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:14 am I expect the the upgrade to v2 will be in the range from €59 to €79.

Best Regards,
Markus

I agree the price is a bit high, but checking the new feature list, this is almost a completely new synth. I think Rob Papen usually has $49 for upgrading their synths, and I think they are really good, but to me Icarus 2 seems top notch. I will pay (maybe not gladly, but willingly) an upgrade price of €79/$89.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

JunSev wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:44 pm
tatanka wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:26 pm Sorry, 79 Euro, > 50 % of the regular prize, for an upgrade and no intro-offer thats ridiculous even with all the improvements. I am sure that is the prize where you will get lots of good synths for in black friday sale at 50 % (while there is NO sale at all at Tone2 just this price cut some years ago and since then sold as "sale"). I think you lost me with this upgrade price. I am happy with 1.6 but of course would have upgraded for any reasonable offer (and if it is only as intro offer for a week or so).
Markus haven't said anything about the price yet, let's hope of course is not 79€ (I know this would be not very well received) or that there is at least some good intro price, who knows.

Markus Krause wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:14 am I expect the the upgrade to v2 will be in the range from €59 to €79.

Best Regards,
Markus
It is official now:

https://www.kvraudio.com/news/tone2-ann ... rus2-46670
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

The prize is from the official announcement here on kvr (under news I think).

Oh ok I see.

early december will be the release

starflakeprj wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:50 pm
JunSev wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:44 pm

Best Regards,
Markus
It is official now:

https://www.kvraudio.com/news/tone2-ann ... rus2-46670
He clearly went for the outer range. :wink:

seems like a lot of work went into this... making a great plugin even better. i've got my money in hand, am ready for it.

Lets hope its on the high side for a little intro-discount!
Its a big update, but after Black Friday I am usually spent up!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”