Available now: Tone2 Icarus2.5 - Wavetable Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

No idea about this specific issue, but... i rather read positive things than negative things. So, kudos to Mr. fisherKing. I think we already have enough people here who rant about everything. ;) (And don't understand that THEY are the problem, not their consumer products.)

Of course, the whole discussions is kind of pointless, when Markus already stated that the idle state performance will be improve in Icarus 2.

I watched the factory presets video... wow!

I especially liked it every time when "works with any waveform" was mentioned in the video. :tu:

Icarus 2 sure is packed with so many features. One thing I do not think Icarus can do yet is generate Euclidean rhythms with any of its sequencers. HoRNet Plugins and HATEFISh recently came out with a plugin called "HATEFISh RhyGenerator" that can generate them for you.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Icarus2 can hande most of the euclidean rhythms, because it supports drum patterens of variable length. However you must programm the manually.

I've also read the scientific article about the euclidean rhymthms.
http://cgm.cs.mcgill.ca/~godfried/publi ... /banff.pdf
I don't see too much mathematical evidence on it. I see it more as an efficent numeric representation of a selection of drumbeats. But it is an interesing approach.

You can programm the couple of interesting beats (you can find them at the end of the PDF) manually to any drum sequencer that offers patterns with variable loop length.

Bought! Looking forward to version 2! :tu:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Markus Krause wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:28 pm Icarus2 can hande most of the euclidean rhythms, because it supports drum patterens of variable length.
Hello Markus,

Should I interpret this as the possibility to use a different length per lane/druminstrument (polymetric: same division but a different number of steps). This is not clear to me.
If Icarus can handle polymetric sequences, this would be a great incentive for me to buy it. :tu:

You don't want to know how many dedicated beatboxes don't have polymetric features. :dog:

For a more practical approach towards euclidean rhythms, check out HY Seqcollection2.
You can do some neat stuff with it and not only with drums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNcu9ELuacQ

The Drum-Sequencer can handle any loop length up to 16. The Arp anything from 2-32.

Polymetric beats like in the video are possible with Icarus. You can use BPM-synced MSEGs or the LFOs routed to OSC volume for this. Simply drag & drop the MSEG to osc volume to assign it.

mladi wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:39 pm Bought! Looking forward to version 2! :tu:
Thank you for buying Icarus1 and thank you for supporting our small company!
You will receive an email with a key for Icarus2 and a download link as soon as Icarus2 is available.

Icarus is a funny name for a synth, or any product for that matter. I hope it won't share Icarus' fate :wink:

Are the computer requirements the same as v1 or higher for v2?
I would think it would be a bit higher for v2.

Will "Drag and Drop" of samples be supported by Icarus 2
( and maybe also wavetables and single cycles) ?
I couldn't find it on the feature list.

This drag and drop of external samples could be awesome
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

Drag & drop of samples / waveforms / wavetables is already supported in the current version

Now that Icarus is synth-workstation what is planned in the future for it? I'm normally curious and the transformation from synth to now all around workstation has all my attention.

Is maybe a little bit early but What's coming/planned for the next updates?

JunSev wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:37 am Now that Icarus is synth-workstation what is planned in the future for it? I'm normally curious and the transformation from synth to now all around workstation has all my attention.

maybe let him finish Icarus2 first? :tu:

exmatproton wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:15 am
JunSev wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:37 am Now that Icarus is synth-workstation what is planned in the future for it? I'm normally curious and the transformation from synth to now all around workstation has all my attention.

maybe let him finish Icarus2 first? :tu:
Yes I'm not desperated, Markus can take his time. Many developers have some interesting ideas when some synths are released and sometimes they talk about it; for instances MSoundFactory is just in beta, but Melda had a clear idea from the beginning about what he wanted to do with MSF, is the same with other developers and other releases, synthmaster, uhe synths, ext ext.

I like Icarus a lot and I would like to know what's coming (if there is the possibility).

Return to “Instruments”