Available now: Tone2 Icarus2.5 - Wavetable Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

Markus, you never said anything about not developing more effects and samplers though!
Checking out Multi-FX and Akustix now, anybody using these? Tone2 effects seem pretty great.

Thank you Markus.

As usual the other half is always complaining....whatever you do.
Sad to hear about the health problems and that there might be no more big new projects.
Would be another loss in the plug-in market.
Well, maybe do an iOS app :) (cheap but no piracy, a more friendly community and not such a saturated market....yet)

Cinebient wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:02 pm As usual the other half is always complaining....whatever you do.
I don't see anybody complaining now. There's no reason to anymore. I'm glad we can go back to discussing the synth.

JunSev wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:29 pm Problem solved, confidence from many in Tone2 restored, Markus is a wise man. :hug:
- Icarus2 will be the final synthesizer that i will release...
Don't say that, there will be always a place in the market for Tone2 and hopefully for future Icarus 3, 4... :) with the deepest synthesis-wavetable synth in the world.
What part of he has health problems and is no longer financially feasible did you NOT understand?

wagtunes wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:09 pm
JunSev wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:29 pm Problem solved, confidence from many in Tone2 restored, Markus is a wise man. :hug:
Don't say that, there will be always a place in the market for Tone2 and hopefully for future Icarus 3, 4... :) with the deepest synthesis-wavetable synth in the world.
What part of he has health problems and is no longer financially feasible did you NOT understand?
Because bad health can be a temporal issue and in many cases can be improved, I know by my own experience and many others.

So why not to be positive?

Also as long Tone2 continues improving and doing better, and offering something unique in the software market, why not?

I understand what he meant, but I also believe in good solutions.

He was trying to pay him a compliment you raging dickhead. And you wonder why you get in fights with people here. All you do is provoke.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:24 pm
He was trying to pay him a compliment you raging dickhead. And you wonder why you get in fights with people here. All you do is provoke.
No, I tend to take people at their word when they say something. When Linplug said they were done, they were done. When Camel Audio said they were done, they were done. Markus has flat out said he has health problems and it's no longer financially feasible to make new synths and has explicitly said Icarus 2 would be his last synth.

When people say things like that, especially given the state of the vst market, I tend to believe them.

FTR, I own almost every Tone 2 synth and am sorry to hear this news.

It just doesn't surprise me.

Anybody who expects this not to be the case I think is in for a big disappointment.

But, whatever.

Marcus I'd be happy to make a $20 donation to help with the health issues. I know it's not a lot but if you set up a link maybe others will too.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:32 pm
No, I tend to take people at their word when they say something. When Linplug said they were done, they were done. When Camel Audio said they were done, they were done. Markus has flat out said he has health problems and it's no longer financially feasible to make new synths and has explicitly said Icarus 2 would be his last synth.

When people say things like that, especially given the state of the vst market, I tend to believe them.

Anybody who expects this not to be the case I think is in for a big disappointment.

But, whatever.
Why you need to put in that way? because ok, we have to be realistic, but I also believe in solutions and solutions are possible.

So why not to believe Icarus can evolve and continuing being developed as long as there are some sales, even in a slower time period updates if needed? why not to believe with the pass of the time Icarus 2 can be successful and give place in some years to Icarus 3 and 4?

You're a little bit pessimistic.

JunSev wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:41 pm

But, whatever.
Why you need to put in that way? because ok, we have to be realistic, but I also believe in solutions and solutions are possible.

So why not to believe Icarus can evolve and continuing being developed as long as there are some sales, even in a slower time period updates if needed? why not to believe woth the pass of the time Icarus 2 can be successful and give place in some years to Icarus 3?

You're a little bit pessimistic.
No, I'm a realist. I too have finished making sound libraries. It is no longer financially feasible. It was for a while, but no more. So I'm done. To that end, I no longer buy new synths. I don't need anymore and business wise, makes no sense. The return doesn't justify it.

Also, having health issues myself, I absolutely understand where Markus is coming from and empathize with him. It's hard enough working when you're not well even when times are good. But when they're not, forget it. You're done. Trust me.

So be as optimistic as you want. But I've been a Tone 2 customer long enough and am all too aware of Markus integrity (he's one of the good guys) to know that when he says he's done, he's done.

Eventually, you will see that to be the case.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:46 pm
Eventually, you will see that to be the case.
You're probably right, Wagtunes. But I think JunSev's intention was to buck Markus up. It seems to me there's no need to start an argument over it.

Hope you feel better Marcus.

No, I tend to take people at their word when they say something...
That's a perfectly fair thing to do. It's just too bad you can't do that at the same time as not being a condescending ass to others who were simply trying express their appreciation of someone's products. Saying there will always be a place for Tone2 products does not warrant your attempted mockery. A friendly statement does not need to be used as an opportunity to demonstrate your own superiority of thought.
If your friends were gathered for an evening and one says "Well I'm heading home to go to bed", and someone else says "Don't go, it's nice having you here!", would you interject and say "What part of 'I'm heading home' don't you understand? When someone says they are leaving, I take their word for it. So goodbye." Yeah everyone loves to have someone like that around.

Anyways, I hope Markus can find a good balance of work/life, and manages to stay at least part-time in the plugin world.

mdstudio wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:04 pm Hope you feel better Marcus.
which is all that needs saying.

can you others leave it, maybe not the place ;)

Return to “Instruments”