db3
KVRAF
2302 posts since 22 Aug, 2012

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:05 am

perfumer wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:32 am
Markus Krause wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:07 am
Please stop distributing missinformation here. It is not true that your computer must be connected to the internet to be able to use Icarus2. You can use it offline. You only need to be connected to the internet for a single time: To download the software and to unlock it
If you need internet connection to unlock the software, that's challenge-response and he is technically correct - you cannot use the synth without an internet connection. Although the way you've worded it it's not absolutely clear if you need internet for download only or for download and unlocking, I'd assume it's for both.
You receive a key file (like Spire) not online challenge response.
*edit* This was my experience, but the thread seems to imply there is CR. :shrug:
Last edited by db3 on Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fisherKing
KVRAF
2113 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Re: Coming soon: Tone2 Icarus2

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:08 am

MorpherX wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:59 am
Attention - The free Upgrade reqires Internet connection !

But everywhere is written that it does not need internet connection, so I do not install it on my music PC.

Has anyone got the same Installer (Icarus 2 RC 1).

If i do not get an other Installer I have take a lawyer and go to Court.
:roll:
https://upstatebrooklyn.com
always one plugin short of perfection...

enCiphered
KVRian
699 posts since 13 Dec, 2016

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:16 am

A cold shiver ran down my spine after reading that

SLiC
KVRAF
4418 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:32 am

Attention: The free Upgrade reqires Internet connection.....to download....from...the....int..er...net...
i7 Win 10 PC+ Surface, BWS V3, StudioOne 4, Cubase 10, Live 9 suite, X32 Desk. , DM12, Odyssey, P8, Virus TI, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, Heat, Digitone, Deluge, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

Markus Krause
KVRist
352 posts since 2 Jul, 2018

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:34 am

An internet-connection is required for the download and the activation. It's really not a drama even on an offline PC. All you need is to plug in your network-cable for a single time when you activate it.
To be able to make music it is NOT necessary that your computer is connected to the internet.

We respect your privacy. We never collected data from the users and will not do this in the future. We also never used and will not use tracking-cookies on our website.

Since i am suffering from health problems and have to prepare the release i really would apprechiate that any discussion about copy-protections is avoided here.
Tone2 Audiosoftware https://www.tone2.com

tatanka
KVRian
1282 posts since 13 Jan, 2014

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:46 am

Since i am suffering from health problems and have to prepare the release i really would apprechiate that any discussion about copy-protections is avoided here.
I had controverse discussions and questions in here and if you read my posts you will soon realize I am far from being a "fanboy".

But if there is any border of humanity left inside kvr PLEASE RESPECT THIS WISH
A cold shiver ran down my spine after reading that
Yes, that leaves you speechless...

All best wishes to you Markus :hug:

and please people RESPECT

JunSev
KVRian
817 posts since 14 Sep, 2017

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:05 am

If it is as people says it is now... that is actually Challenge/Response (C/R) Markus.

I mean why you didn't do mention of any of this?, the thing I like about your synths is that I have my products and my keys and there is not dependency of the company, I can save my keys in my external hard drive and I don't have to ask permissions to the company in order to use it. Even in years and any times my software continues functional and there is not dependency, it always has been like that.

I have been willing to support your works but if it is like this now, I will not upgrade absolutely never, Never. This is a very bad news from one of my favorite depevelopers.

I will stay in 1.6 all time, I will not buy any tone2 product never anymore.

vurt
addled muppet weed
59144 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:07 am

quoth the raven?

enCiphered
KVRian
699 posts since 13 Dec, 2016

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:15 am

JunSev wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:05 am
If it is as people says it is now... that is actually Challenge/Response (C/R) Markus.

I mean why you didn't do mention of any of this?, the thing I like about your synths is that I have my products and my keys and there is not dependency of the company, I can save my keys in my external hard drive and I don't have to ask permissions to the company in order to use it. Even in years and any times my software continues functional and there is not dependency, it always has been like that.

I have been willing to support your works but if it is like this now, I will not upgrade absolutely never, Never. This is a very bad news from one of my favorite depevelopers.

I will stay in 1.6 all time, I will not buy any tone2 product never anymore.

Amram
KVRian
794 posts since 12 Jan, 2013 from Foolish Shepherd

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:28 am

How many activations i can use?
I have 3 operating system.

Markus Krause
KVRist

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:31 am

There is currently no limitation

Markus Krause
KVRist

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:37 am

@JuneSev

You don't have to worry about anything. It will be removed as soon as the product is getting older. Then a complete offline activation we be possible again.
Sadly this step was necessary, since too many criminals used stolen credit-cards to buy the software and resold the keys on ebay or 'shared them with all their friends'.

Sampleconstruct
KVRAF
15050 posts since 12 Oct, 2008 from Here and there

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:39 am

Some people...

Hanz Meyzer
KVRian
1462 posts since 20 Oct, 2014

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:58 am

Hi Markus, thanks for this fantastic update! Lot of fun :)

Whywhy
KVRian
504 posts since 11 Aug, 2018

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:05 am

Yes, superb update, thanks !

Return to “Instruments”