One Synth Challenge #127: Any One u-he Synth (u-he prize added to the pool!)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
cthonophonic
KVRist
324 posts since 1 Jan, 2018

Post Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:06 pm

If we use Zebra2 as the synth, are the synthesis capabilities of Zebrify also allowed? The instrument and effect use the same synthesis engine, so this seems like it would be a different case than the Repro-1/5 question.

Alternatively, if using both the instrument and effect is disallowed, can we just use the effect version? I have this plan that relies on using many independently-tuned comb filters in series (i.e. more than just a single instance of Zebra/Zebrify would allow), so I am trying to figure out whether this is workable within the rules of the competition.

diaseis
KVRist
44 posts since 16 Jul, 2019

Re: One Synth Challenge #127: Any One u-he Synth (u-he prize added to the pool!)

Post Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:53 am

Hey ! Can I use the CM version of Zebra or Bazille ?

exponent1
KVRist
205 posts since 10 Nov, 2018

Re: One Synth Challenge #127: Any One u-he Synth (u-he prize added to the pool!)

Post Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:43 am

diaseis wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:53 am
Hey ! Can I use the CM version of Zebra or Bazille ?
Yes you can :)

diaseis
KVRist

Post Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:11 am

Yay ! Thanks

besh
KVRist
102 posts since 8 Jun, 2012

Post Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:50 am

https://soundcloud.com/wirkmenge/zebrastreifen

that track was done for a previos Kvr Challenge but I was too late.
So now it take account of that KVR Challenge.
30x Zebralette
done in Ableton Live 9.5
freeverb too, simple delay , reverb , a1 trigger gate, auto filter, ott, rough rider,
compressor , eq eight, slick eq, tal dub, tal dub2

Dirtgrain
KVRist
235 posts since 12 Jan, 2019

Post Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:05 pm

Damn smooth, besh, with nice sounds and motion.

Ranoka
KVRist
349 posts since 4 Jun, 2018 from The UK

Post Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:43 pm

I'm really excited that it's U-he month! This will be my 12th convective entry to OSC - what a way to celebrate, especially considering U-he's Triple Cheese was the synth that tempted me to start OSC in the first place.
I think I'm also going to go with Hive2, it's such a good balance of sound, workflow and performance (which is definitely useful for OSC).
This is going to be a busy month! :D

jasinski
KVRian
638 posts since 20 Oct, 2003 from Seattle

Post Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:55 pm

Ranoka wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:43 pm
I think I'm also going to go with Hive2, it's such a good balance of sound, workflow and performance (which is definitely useful for OSC).
This is going to be a busy month! :D
dew it.

z.prime
KVRAF
1748 posts since 29 Sep, 2011

Post Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:58 pm

If I can find the time to enter, my dinosaur of a computer will only be able to handle Zebra 2... if only Satin was on sale ;)

ThePresent
KVRist
437 posts since 17 Dec, 2013 from The Netherlands

Post Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:00 pm

z.prime wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:58 pm
If I can find the time to enter, my dinosaur of a computer will only be able to handle Zebra 2... if only Satin was on sale ;)
Well, it’s survey time with uhe.
At least it will get you a coupon with 15% off

] Peter:H [
KVRian
824 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Post Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:44 am

Side note: Fathom of Seaweed Audio seems to have closed down business because his latest Release worth 3 months of work was ripped immediately and provided for free by a bunch of audio warez a***holes. His thread is locked now. I'm so sad.

Taron
KVRAF
2430 posts since 17 Apr, 2010 from Croatia

Post Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:07 am

Oh dang, that sucks. Luckily, I think, this thing needed a different concept anyway, if I remember correctly?! But that's just me, of course. The reality is, if a synth is truly brilliant, I don't think the cracks would destroy their business. Folks like U-He and DS surely have their troubles with those cracks, too, but they are so beloved and so awesome that likely enough sales keep coming. (I HOPE!!!)
Anyway, always a pity, my condolences.

diaseis
KVRist

Post Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:35 am

So to warm up the debate, I'm really glad that cracks exist. They allowed me to start music when I was too young to spend any money on it. Then, I bought all my favourite software :party: and since I had "tried" them for years, I knew which was the best. I had the opportunity to really use (not with the trial version which are often not really usable) approximatively a thousand plugins :evil: and really know what I was into. I also tried many DAWS (FL Studio, Reaper, Cubase and Live) to be sure about the one I wanted to buy. I think this is more a problem of each person's ethic who decides (or not) to reward the guys behind the software they like.
I'd go even further : I really like the donation system (distocore, cheers!) : you like it you give, you're poor, you don't. I know I'm an idealist but I think if I ever make a plugin of my own (I'm currently in a master to learn to do it), I would do that.

Hope this kind of post is not forbidden here, since this is not the subject :hihi:

FrankH
KVRist
35 posts since 31 Mar, 2019 from California

Post Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:09 am

] Peter:H [ wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:44 am
Side note: Fathom of Seaweed Audio seems to have closed down business because his latest Release worth 3 months of work was ripped immediately and provided for free by a bunch of audio warez a***holes. His thread is locked now. I'm so sad.
I don't think the Fathom synth is dead. I received an email from Everett will the following info.

The Fathom synth site is up, and he will continue to support the synth. The work on the next AVX release is continuing as well.

Taron
KVRAF
2430 posts since 17 Apr, 2010 from Croatia

Post Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:13 pm

diaseis wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:35 am
So to warm up the debate, I'm really glad that cracks exist. They allowed me to start music when I was too young to spend any money on it. Then, I bought all my favourite software :party: and since I had "tried" them for years, I knew which was the best. I had the opportunity to really use (not with the trial version which are often not really usable) approximatively a thousand plugins :evil: and really know what I was into. I also tried many DAWS (FL Studio, Reaper, Cubase and Live) to be sure about the one I wanted to buy. I think this is more a problem of each person's ethic who decides (or not) to reward the guys behind the software they like.
I'd go even further : I really like the donation system (distocore, cheers!) : you like it you give, you're poor, you don't. I know I'm an idealist but I think if I ever make a plugin of my own (I'm currently in a master to learn to do it), I would do that.

Hope this kind of post is not forbidden here, since this is not the subject :hihi:
Certainly goes off topic a bit much, so I think we shouldn't continue talking about that here. Even on-topic stuff gets off the rails quickly... Maybe Peter can start a thread on that topic! ;) (I could surely contribute!)

Return to “Instruments”