Native Instruments Layoffs?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

digitalboytn wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:46 am I think that the important part of the latest statement from NI is that they will not be charging a subscription for software that we already own...

Well...technically,software that we already have an existing license to use...

But what they ARE saying is that there will be a new model for payments for new products once One Native is launched...

Phew....no subscription for me :wink:
I think the concern here is, it could mean you have to pay subscription to get updates for software you already own. Meaning Maschine 3 *could* be subscription. :-(

I guess just wait and see what happens.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

mrdoghead wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:58 am
Jim Rosebrook wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:13 pm Latest info from NI - Sep 13

Of course we can’t share everything that we’re working on. But I hope this gives you some insight into what’s going on at Native.
Absynth 6 and FM9 confirmed.
No signature here!

I think that’s extreme wishful thinking... :hihi:

NI are going down the toilet imo, how the hell do you even get support from them anymore ? And they are laying people off. ffs.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

@ v1o I did have success with the available freeware stuff (mostly FOSS). Unless you meant that the meaning of success in freeware products (albeit technically speaking Cakewalk is the only one that offers something like that, along with Tracktion I think? if we go by proprietary freeware) comes from market share success, which won't happen because is now free, or you mean success in terms of popularity and that a lot of people use it but I doubt FL or Ableton are going to have their spots taken anytime soon.

@ ontopic: I wonder why these companies always have to honey sweet what they say instead of saying it outright and simple "We are going SaaS, we like money, end of the story", but rather you get "Well, we won't go SaaS on existing products but we are evaluating it but we need to consider and, etc."

Forgotten wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:04 pm I think that’s extreme wishful thinking... :hihi:
it's no more "out there" than any of the other "confirnation" people have gleaned from the statements :lol:

im pretty sure i read in to it, that ni are confirming the moon landing was a hoax and elvis works in a chippy in basingstoke.

vurt wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:20 pm elvis works in a chippy in basingstoke.
"But he's a liar, and I'm not so sure about you...."

donkey tugger wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:25 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:20 pm elvis works in a chippy in basingstoke.
"But he's a liar, and I'm not so sure about you...."
but ni confirmed it. so maybe she was wrong :shrug:

I think this is not gonna work out that bad after all but time will tell.. I am more hopeful :tu:
Last edited by surreal on Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Here's some more helpful info about what's going on at NI.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/native-i ... 1568466316

Some impressive upper-level people came aboard in January 2019. Having a large internal shift ready to pivot by August is pretty rapid.

Give it a read.

That explains why they shafted all their workers recently then.
So that they could afford to offer big salaries to all the new fat cats that they've taken on board.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

"Senior talent from Google, Airbnb, Hewlett Packard, Salesforce and SoundCloud drafted in to deliver a new music creation ecosystem for everyone" :clap:

HA HA HA HA

Gibson mark 2

What more needs to be said.

Ben H wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:13 pm That explains why they shafted all their workers recently then.
So that they could afford to offer big salaries to all the new fat cats that they've taken on board.
I wouldn't think this is the motivation at all.

I think this is the very type of upper level management that can improve two significant issues:

1) Identify, retain & attract the most productive talent for NI.

2) Identify and more properly serve the needs of NI's users.

I don't know too much about issue 1 within the ranks of NI, but I certainly think that NI had lost its way with issue 2.

Jim Rosebrook wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:57 pm Here's some more helpful info about what's going on at NI.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/native-i ... 1568466316

Some impressive upper-level people came aboard in January 2019. Having a large internal shift ready to pivot by August is pretty rapid.

Give it a read.
That's some impressive corporate cockspeak.

"Putting people first". I'm sure the "people" who lost their jobs will be overjoyed. I always love to hear anything about flexibility, transformation, and modernisation (or pay cuts, job losses, degrading terms and conditions, in non business bollocks terms)

hey now, for all we know those staff members where given a maschine micro with their name engraved in to it as a leaving gift :)

Return to “Instruments”