vurt wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:58 pm
spunkmuffin wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:54 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:58 pm

they're getting coldplay to do the future demos? :o
Imagine if NI asked vurt to do demos. :ud:
stop willing ni to fail :o
vurt you're our only hope to blow up the Death Star
ill have to build it first ...
Pfft, you probably already have it built so that at the right moment you can give us a dramatic “...fully operational Death Star!...” speech
well..
i do have the emperors throne room set already built :oops:
20190913_181854.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

spunkmuffin wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:12 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:05 pm
spunkmuffin wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:01 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:58 pm

stop willing ni to fail :o
vurt you're our only hope to blow up the Death Star
ill have to build it first ...
vurt it says 14+ on the box :(
well im waiting for help :)

Ooh that must be Daniel Haver at the top of the stairs :-o He's not happy :evil:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

dellboy wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:56 pm
telecode wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:00 pm More integraton with sounds.com I think.
In that case their cunning plan for world domination is to bore us to death.
Ohh.. I would be in Forbidden Planet heaven!!
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Jim Rosebrook wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:13 pm Latest info from NI - Sep 13
Hi everyone,

We’ve been reading your responses and questions based upon the tough news about changes inside of Native Instruments. And we understand the doubts and fears that may have arisen. Our press statement was aimed at business media, so we want to speak to you directly here.

I can’t answer every question, but I hope I can at least give you some more information and reassurance.....

<snip>
When you share something like this, could you please state where you got it from and post a link?

I assume it's from the NI forums, but those are so subdivided it's not clear which / where.

thanks!

EDIT: ok, I see now it's up top of all the forums on the NI forum page, cool.

SO subscription is confirmed by NI. It will be interesting to see where other music software vendors go now.

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:03 pm SO subscription is confirmed by NI. It will be interesting to see where other music software vendors go now.
Sort of - but not yet - maybe - well see - probably - but maybe not .....

"On the subject of subscriptions, we understand some people feel strongly about this. Please let me reassure you that we’re not about to charge you subscriptions for the products you already own. One of Native’s aims is to remove barriers for people who want to make music. And for some people, that barrier might be financial. We’re exploring lots of different ways to address this including (but not limited to) subscriptions. A recent example of how we’re doing this is the introduction of PayPal installment plans in our online shop. But we want to do more."

Did they say it or no ?

telecode wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:03 pm SO subscription is confirmed by NI. It will be interesting to see where other music software vendors go now.
Yeah, you could stop writing garbage
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

dellboy wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:43 pm
Sort of - but not yet - maybe - well see - probably - but maybe not .....

"On the subject of subscriptions, we understand some people feel strongly about this. Please let me reassure you that we’re not about to charge you subscriptions for the products you already own. One of Native’s aims is to remove barriers for people who want to make music. And for some people, that barrier might be financial. We’re exploring lots of different ways to address this including (but not limited to) subscriptions. A recent example of how we’re doing this is the introduction of PayPal installment plans in our online shop. But we want to do more."

Did they say it or no ?
sounds more like theyre looking in to subs rather than have made any decision, and also reads like it will be one option among some others.
cant see why offering it along side the current state of things would be an issue?

They said explicitly that they won’t change things for existing customers, so it’s obviously not a wholesale move over to subscriptions.

Forgotten wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:50 pm They said explicitly that they won’t change things for existing customers, so it’s obviously not a wholesale move over to subscriptions.
Wholesale yeah, but what about retail???
^^ My fake confusion just to prolong the suffering....

Jim Rosebrook wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:11 pm
Forgotten wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:50 pm They said explicitly that they won’t change things for existing customers, so it’s obviously not a wholesale move over to subscriptions.
Wholesale yeah, but what about retail???
^^ My fake confusion just to prolong the suffering....
Totally different. Shall we start the thread over?

t3toooo wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:45 pm
Yeah, you could stop writing garbage
I am not writing garbage. its obvious that something has been happening or has happened that has made NI jump onto a subscription model. its also safe to assume NI are not unique or special in the music software sales market space. so what is affecting NI's business is also affecting other vendors business.

what *you* will need to decide is, will *you* change your ways of buying and using music software. the problem with SaaS is it always gives you the latest version. So if you aren't the type of customer who keeps upgrading hardware every other year, you are gonna be SOL sooner than you think.

Here's a direct quote:

"We’ve seen the term 'platform strategy' brought up a number of times, with some believing this translates to 'subscription'. It doesn’t."

I guess even a direct statement saying they won't go subscription isn't enough to stop people saying that they're going to go subscription. Weird!

Paul Jeszenszky (NI Team) wrote: We’ve seen the term “platform strategy” brought up a number of times, with some believing this translates to “subscription”. It doesn’t.
Paul Jeszenszky (NI Team) wrote: On the subject of subscriptions, we understand some people feel strongly about this. Please let me reassure you that we’re not about to charge you subscriptions for the products you already own. One of Native’s aims is to remove barriers for people who want to make music. And for some people, that barrier might be financial. We’re exploring lots of different ways to address this including (but not limited to) subscriptions.
What's not clear about that? :hihi:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Return to “Instruments”