new Reason plug in Users on v11 are in for a treat with combinators

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

for example if you have a synth you can save a preset , but
in reason you can save a
preset with all effects inbedded inside it like we reason users can now
what other daw can you do that in ?
Last edited by Tofu2019 on Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I am really happy with the announcement of VST rack version of Reason. Combinators combined with some outstanding synths and effects now available inside Cubase with full recall within the plugin itself and loadable within a single DAW file makes this very useful to me.

entered the beta, but it crashes my win 10 system using it as vst3 plugin in ableton 10.1

I signed up for the Beta but no invite has been received. I'll check my spam though just in case. I am mainly on Cubase so will be interesting to test for stability there.

Scotty wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:48 pm I am really happy with the announcement of VST rack version of Reason. Combinators combined with some outstanding synths and effects now available inside Cubase with full recall within the plugin itself and loadable within a single DAW file makes this very useful to me.
you place a mixer inside a combinator you then can add many synths to that/ effects
the things you can stack /build on one patch is amazing , its good now this is open to everyone :-)

Tofu2019 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:44 pm for example if you have a synth you can save a preset , but
in reason you can save a
Any DAW which has track templates, like Reaper, Cubase, Logic, I think Studio One as well... This is not an uncommon feature at all!

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:39 pm
Tofu2019 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:44 pm for example if you have a synth you can save a preset , but
in reason you can save a
Any DAW which has track templates, like Reaper, Cubase, Logic, I think Studio One as well... This is not an uncommon feature at all!
track templates ?
talking about saving it as a patch not inside a project

in reason you can save a
have you used a combinator before ? its hardly anywhere near the same

Scotty wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:05 pm I signed up for the Beta but no invite has been received. I'll check my spam though just in case. I am mainly on Cubase so will be interesting to test for stability there.
I tried it in Cubase le seemed to work fine

Tofu2019 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:41 pm
in reason you can save a
Well ok, in Reaper I can save an FX chain as well, amounts to exactly the same thing! Hardly a novel feature anyways.

Cubase can also save these sorts of presets and Logic as well, IIRC. It's not hot water.

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:43 pm
in reason you can save a
Well ok, in Reaper I can save an FX chain as well, amounts to exactly the same thing! Hardly a novel feature anyways.

Cubase can also save these sorts of presets and Logic as well, IIRC. It's not hot water.
so you can load a whole mixer eq, compression reverb , delay etc etc , ten synths , and chain them and more all together until your hearts content in one saveable preset ? I really don't think its the same thing
some one else chime in here, tell me if I'm wrong ?

Correct, I can do that in Reaper just fine. Of course, at some point you can kill a CPU core depending on how heavy the plugins are, so it makes sense to spread things across multiple tracks - and this is where track templates come into play.

Reason was neat at some point in time but it was superseded by most any other DAW in feature set years ago.

Tofu2019 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:48 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:43 pm
in reason you can save a

so you can load a whole mixer eq, compression reverb , delay etc etc , ten synths , and chain them and more all together until your hearts content in one saveable preset ? I really don't think its the same thing
some one else chime in here, tell me if I'm wrong ?
yup,you're wrong.

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:48 pm Correct, I can do that in Reaper just fine. Of course, at some point you can kill a CPU core depending on how heavy the plugins are, so it makes sense to spread things across multiple tracks - and this is where track templates come into play.

Reason was neat at some point in time but it was superseded by most any other DAW in feature set years ago.
I agree if your talking about the actual midi side of things and pro features
Cubase and logic are ahead there , fl studio and Ableton I'm not convinced there quite basic still in comparison to Cubase and logic but I'm not really talking about that stuff (reason is a good enough program to make professional music in it has effects and plug ins pitch edit decent enough midi editing etc) .
id like to see other daws do this as well and simple as reason can I'm yet to be convinced
and you obviously don't have the rack unless you get reason 11 that is then u will .

It's really simple in Reaper.

1. Load your synths and FX on a track, stack or split them with various MIDI processing JS FX there are if you want
2. In FX chain window, go to FX->Save FX chain in the menu

That's it. Big deal!

Also FL Studio is exactly comparable to Reason since it also comes with a bunch of effects and instruments - and it has a MUCH better MIDI editor than Reason. It is stumbling in audio recording, though, but don't worry countless "professional music" was made with just about any major DAW out there, be it FL, Cubase, Live, whatever.

Sounds to me you've been living in Reason-only world for too long. :)

Return to “Instruments”