What’s the oldest VSTi you still use today ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

e-crooner wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:59 pm
Andreas71 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:14 pmSylenth
Same here. It has aged well.
I agree. 8)

- Korg Legacy Collection (Wavestation, Polysix and MS-20). Those like a fine wine :)
- FM8 ( before that FM7. I'll never be tired from FM!)
- VAZ Modular (I always forget this one! I'm going to install it now again as Bitwig can load 32bit plugins :) ).
- Sylenth1 (still from the best synths).

I also have M1, Wavestation, FM8, and Sylenth1. :)

Examigan wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:08 pm I also have M1, Wavestation, FM8, and Sylenth1. :)
And maybe these are all we need ;)

I also have Korg Legacy Collection except for the Odyssey.
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

Odyssey is a great synth but it needs a faster CPU. I love it besides RePro and the Legend, but those are new generation of emulated analogue.
I think MS-20 still sounds great. I also love the sound of Polysix and Mono/Poly although they don't sound like the real ones, but as VA, I love their sound :)

Zebra

I use the schnitz out of some HG Fortune synths still.

Halonmusic wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:15 pmJXSynths JX200
I used to Use JX Synth in everything. If I could get hold of a 64 bit version I would probably still find uses for it.
e-crooner wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:50 pmMy biggest problem would be tiny user interfaces.
I see that as their biggest advantage.
EnGee wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:14 amI also love the sound of Polysix and Mono/Poly although they don't sound like the real ones, but as VA, I love their sound :)
The filter on the PolySix is nothing short of amazing. I love it!

Anyway, I'd use a lot of really old synths if there were 64 bit versions available, especially things like PlastiCZ! and Iblit/Polyiblit.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Harmor and Sytrus are pretty old at this point. Like 9 or 10 years

Sylenth!

Still my fave soft synth, truth be told. Sweet nostalgia I guess.

Xphraze and Latigo

I remember PlastiCZ and Xphraze! PlastiCZ had a wonderful bass. I don't remember though who developed it! It must be from the very first synths I used.
I also remember XPhraze. It was ahead of its time with this sequence. Wonderful GUI design. By Wizoo I think? Pity those two synths are no longer available and in development :(

EnGee wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:47 am I remember PlastiCZ and Xphraze! PlastiCZ had a wonderful bass. I don't remember though who developed it! It must be from the very first synths I used.
I also remember XPhraze. It was ahead of its time with this sequence. Wonderful GUI design. By Wizoo I think? Pity those two synths are no longer available and in development :(
Yes, both Xphraze and Latigo by Wizoo. I still have the original installation CDs! :lol:

Are you still using them?

Return to “Instruments”