AAS Ultra Analog VA-3 Synthesizer Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

GUI scaling is probably one of THE most important updates these days in my opinion. Makes a great synth so much more usable :tu:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

yes! great update. Glad i bought it. Strange they added it so short after the release...But great!

The GUI scaling did it for me, now I can finally edit it without going boss eyed! just upgraded :)
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

acid alex wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:33 pm The GUI scaling did it for me, now I can finally edit it without going boss eyed! just upgraded :)
me too.

I imagine they were working on it and it wasn't quite ready when v3 was suppose to be released, so it was released and work continued on gui scaling.
rsp
sound sculptist

All understandable but why not announcing that the scaling will follow soon? Imo the sales were much lower then they expected so they gave all man power they have to release it. Now i can upgrade too! :D
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

With that new GUI scaling, now adopted.
I had other additional reasons to not upgrade, but this one was the most important.
I really hope that for the V4 they will add the features I asked for, especially the real usability of the noise source (definitely the poorest feature currently), the currently totally lacking ring-mod, the currently totally lacking FM, and a freely attributable envelope.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

I’d like them to update the NKS implementation so it’s all mapped out as VA-2 is.

I’d also like an option to display the edit screen on start up. I hate the new performance screen because if I open it up via my Maschine I want to be looking at the parameters without using my mouse
Last edited by acid alex on Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

BlackWinny wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:17 pm With that new GUI scaling, now adopted.
I had other additional reasons to not upgrade, but this one was the most important.
I really hope that for the V4 they will add the features I asked for, especially the real usability of the noise source (definitely the poorest feature currently), the currently totally lacking ring-mod, the currently totally lacking FM, and a freely attributable envelope.
Weren't you the one that vehemently defended the simplicity of Tal's U-NO-LX in another thread? :wink: (Sorry if I am confusing you with someone else.)

Anyway, at least it has the ramp generator for pitch modulation, so the missing additional envelope is not that much of a problem.

What is wrong about the noise? The noise implementation has traditionally been rather simple on most analog hardware as well.

The effects section seems to be one of the highlights in my view.

Now that the GUI has been updated, I will give it another try...

Oh, the silly 2-week demo period is already over, no re-testing...
Fools, yet another potential customer fewer...

e-crooner wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:15 pm Oh, the silly 2-week demo period is already over, no re-testing...
Fools, yet another potential customer fewer...
Send the support a ticket and they will help you for sure.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

e-crooner wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:05 pm Weren't you the one that vehemently defended the simplicity of Tal's U-NO-LX in another thread? :wink: (Sorry if I am confusing you with someone else.)

Anyway, at least it has the ramp generator for pitch modulation, so the missing additional envelope is not that much of a problem.

What is wrong about the noise? The noise implementation has traditionally been rather simple on most analog hardware as well.

TAL-U-NO-LX is an emulation of a specific synth. It is not at all the same thing.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

BlackWinny wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:41 pm
e-crooner wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:05 pm Weren't you the one that vehemently defended the simplicity of Tal's U-NO-LX in another thread? :wink: (Sorry if I am confusing you with someone else.)

TAL-U-NO-LX is an emulation of a specific synth. It is not at all the same thing.
Still, you defended simplicity as such, not the Tal emulation :wink:
viewtopic.php?p=7530537#p7530537

I defend the simplicity in emulations. I defend the fidelity of the emulations.
You're very recent on KVR, so you don't know me! I have also complex synths.

And for your knowledge, learn that even the very old ARP Odyssey already had RM ! And I could cite a good bunch of others as the Elka Synthex, etc.
The very old Korg Delta was also already able to provide a kind of FM, and some noise modulations.
The yet older Korg Sigma had already a cross-mod (mistakenly names Ring-Mod).

I can cite others and others. And we still stay in the simple synths.

So I'm totally right to ask for these features in a software synth aimed at reproducing old analog architectures but which in its third version don't yet have these features. I don't ask for the moon and complex modulations (for that purpose I have as anybody many other modern synths) I just ask for some simple modulations between simply 2 oscillators and the minimal ability to at least attribute an envelope to the noise source. It's not what we can call something complex, is it ?

The U-NO-LX doesn't have any of those features (RM, FM, XM), either, yet the original hardware was very successful. Most people probably just don't need those features. They are missing from other famous plugins as well, Sylenth1 for instance. Doesn't seem to be a problem.

I can't test it anymore, but judging from GUI photos you can turn the two oscillators to zero in the mix, and then use the entire layer for manipulating the noise.

I actually find the UA surprisingly complete, with lots of dedicated modulation controls replacing the usual matrix. Of course the downside of that wealth of controls is the number of panels and tabs.

But it is a new version of an old synth, so they can't really change much about its architecture.

FM/RM/XM between the two oscillators + an envelope attributable to the noise wouldn't change anything to the architecture. It wouldn't change anything, it would just add, and even with very few additional controls. And it wouldn't change anything to the currently existing presets either.
:)

Return to “Instruments”