Wusik round of bug-fixes for all products

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just uploaded new files for all products, Win/OSX. Improved the external editor code. Please, let me know if you find any other issues.

Edit: Also updated Wusik SQ200 and Wusik P2000, both Windows and OSX version.

Best Regards, WilliamK

Just uploaded new OSX files. Some products were missing the Skin files and other data stuff. EG: Wusik DLooper.

Cheers, WilliamK

Just uploaded new files for all products. The about box should show today's date. I think I have covered everything so far. But please, let me know if you find any other problems. :-) <3 I also updated Wusik DLooper.

Cheers, WilliamK

Just a small updated. Changed the 'A' Tune in HZ value to 0~99999 as requested by an user. Also, now when you click on it the edit box will appear right away. Also added this option to EVE and ZR, under the Global Menu (click W logo).

I'm also fixing some other small things reported by another user. (thanks dude! <hug>) :-)

Please, keep on testing, we are almost done. And a BIG thank you for everybody involved! <3

Cheers, WilliamK

Just uploaded a new set of files for all products (but X42). Below is the full list of changes for Wusik Station V9, most apply to the other products too. You can check on the site, on each product's page, for the list of changes.

Feb 07 2020 - V9.3.8

- New Anti Crash Protection (ACP) code. The plugin will now run on an external process and will auto-reload if it crashes, without harming the host/daw. It should also retain the latest changes done to the preset.
- Multi Instance Presets now are saved in the Host/DAW project file correctly.
- Added double-click on parameters to edit manually by typying the value.
- Added the option of clicking on a parameter and using the keyboard keys - and + (or up/down cursor keys) to change the value. Holding shift is fine-tune and ctrl is max or min. The key 0 centers the value.
- Added MIDI CC Buttons to current focus button/parameter data +/- and also preset +/-. So when you click on a button/parameter, you can use a MIDI CC Button to change the value up and down. By default the following MIDI CCs are used: Data+ CC# 96, Data- CC# 97, Data Rate CC# 66 (this selects from 0.1, 0.01, and 0.001 in rotation). And you can also change presets using CC# 10 for Next Preset and CC #7 for Previous Preset. This new option is to be used with MIDI Controllers that has push-buttons. If you want to use a knob/pot right click on the parameter and select Midi Learn instead.
- Fixed a problem with MIDI Learn on parameters when using a keyboard that sends CC# 98~101 and also anything above CC#120. Those CC# are now ignored globaly.
- Improved the Effects version (fixed some problems).
- Added to the Plugin's Manager: Reveal File.
- Fixed a problem with the bridger GUI height.
- Better 32 to 64 bits bridger, using the same code as Wusik X42. That includes the option to over-sample bridged plugins. Better presets menu with next and previous selectors plus FXB/FXP exporting options.
- Updated the Plugin's Scanner: added isInstrument option to each plugin.
- Fixed a crash in the Plugin's Scanner, when selecting bad plugins and using the show/hide options.
- Changed the init state of the synth: now it starts with the sample-player layer instead of the wave-sequencer layer and also loads up the Pure Sine waveform.
- The About-Box version number will now show the compilation date and hour.
- Fixed a wrong error message about the data folder not been write enabled.
- Fixed a problem when using TUN/Scala Microtuning files.
- In the FX/Master page, 'A' Tune has been expanded to allow any value from 0 to 99999. Also, clicking on the value will open a box allowing you to input any number, including a float point division. EG: 400.24
- Fixed a problem when using the Zoom option and Multi Instances mode (Multi Presets).

The new ACP code creates an external process where the actual synth resides. The original App/Plugin talks to this external process and if it crashes, you still get to recover anything lost. This is all done automatically. Every 8 seconds a snapshot of the preset is taken (if anything has changed, otherwise nothing is done) and is stored in a slot of 4 presets. If the external process crashes, it restores the last preset. If it crashes right after it tries the previous preset. Until it no longer crashes. The only drawback of this system is that the actual GUI/Interface/Editor resides in the external process. Check the user's manual ACP section for details on how this works.

You can check all products and the list of changes for each product in a single page. Just use the following link.

https://www.wusik.com/w/index.php/produ ... comparison

Awesome, thanks!

Took me some weeks but I finally finished up some new code that I was working on. No more double windows for the ACP code. Now the main plugin window will work just as with any other plugin.

For now I'm only testing Wusik Station V9 for Windows, click Show All Files in the download section and download the file named: WIN Wusik Station V9 SPECIAL_BETA Engine.zip

You will also notice a new icon at the top-left area. You can click and drag to resize the whole interface. Zoom in and out. Double or Right click to reset to ZOOM = 1

I also fixed several other problems with the ACP code. But this new window technic I'm using needs further testing. :-)

I also fixed the drag-and-drop feature which was no longer working.

Cheers, WilliamK

Where to begin?

I just bought Wusik X42 and DLooper in the Valentine's day sale. Haven't tested X42 yet. Had enough fun with DLooper. I liked the look of it and eh, what's 10 bucks?

I installed both the 32 and 64 bit vst2 and vst3 versions.

They all loaded fine after installing properly. Just one little problem.

DLooper was not able to load any presets or raw samples. I tried both. Neither worked. Pretty useless plugin really if it won't load any samples.

I tested in EnergyXT2, FLStudio, Reaper, Ableton and Studio One.

DLooper displayed exactly the same behaviour across the 32 and 64 bit and vst3 plugin. In fact, it sent Studio One absolutely batshit crazy with stopping the DAW, windows closing randomly. I've never experienced anything like it with any other plugin as I generally don't test Alpha software, which is what the state of development is with DLooper (and other Wusik software, but we'll get to that in a minute).

Also, it did funny things to Ableton that I'd not seen before - wanting to change my configuration file on exit. WTF?

So, I uninstall and go back and give it one more shot. Maybe I missed something in the installer. I make sure it's totally wiped clean from my system for a fresh start.

Now what happens? Half way through the install, the installer totally 'poofs' and vanishes. Gone. Disappeared. Nowhere to be found. Plus, the installer actually deletes itself and puts itself in the recycle bin. I thought I was going mad so I did it again. The installer deleted itself again. Never seen such behaviour.

So...

I politely email William asking for a refund and I go in to some detail about what has happened. It took me half an hour out of my life. Then today, I open my email expecting either a refund or some words of apology and encouragement along the lines of 'we can get this working, let's give it another go'. But no.

I won't share the email, but I will give you the gist of it. I told him he was talking to codec from KVR and we've conversed a few times before via this mail addy, so this makes his attitude even more 'unexpected', shall we say.

William said that he wouldn't refund me, as that he couldn't be sure I was telling the truth. Not that he was accusing me of lying. Oh no. Certainly not. However, he did find my behaviour odd. Not one single other person out of hundreds of others has ever experienced this problem. Gee, guess I'm just unlucky.

However. If you look on the DLooper youtube promo page. The only comment is from someone who had the exact same problem: samples would not load. What are the odds?

So this is a known issue.

On top of that, to add insult to injury, William then proceeds to inform me that should he give a refund, a person less scrupulous than myself might actually keep the software that doesn't work and won't install and then, you know, I don't know what...

He made it clear he was not accusing me of lying, while all the time, all but accusing me of lying and being dishonest.

They aren't physical goods you see! The are 'eGoods'.

Egads.

He then asks me if I wouldn't rather get 'support' instead, like a normal customer would do and not someone that was trying to scam him out of 8 f**king quid.

8 f**king quid!

Tell you what William. You keep that money buddy and knock yourself out!

Buy a sandwich or some food for your Goldfish why don't you.

You don't get another penny from me and on top of that you have lost any good will I ever had towards you. It's not about the money.

Do you really think I would lie about this or try and cheat you?

I tried getting support for Wusik 8008 when that came out.

That was also Alpha software. Not even Beta.

I made up dozens of presets through the VST contantly crashing because I loved it so much and wanted it to work. I wrote you a lengthy and detailed bug report. Beta, or sorry <cough, cough> Alpha testing the software for you for free.

Did you ever reply? No. You did not.

So please understand when I have a piece of software that does not only not work, but won't install either, I'd rather get that measly 8 bucks back than see it go to waste.

Apart from offending me there is another issue here.

You are releasing software that is not even in the Beta stage. No other developer I know of does this. There is a pattern developing here.

Twice bitten, thrice shy, is my attitude now when it comes to the Wusik brand.

If you think I am going to beta test your software for you for free after you all but accusing me of trying to con you out of a tenner, well...

So this is a couple of products of yours now, totally unusable except for on your system, oh, and of course all the others of hundreds of happy users.

And this is tested on half a dozen different DAWs across several computers.

But I'm just unlucky.

You say that people usually ask you for support and not a refund and you imply that you find this suspicious behaviour on my part.

Did you ever consider I might be telling the truth? That maybe I am not even able to install the software to get it working? And that maybe I am pushed for time or have other issues in my life where I simply don't have the wherewithal to tackle this right now? That a refund would be the right thing to do and the easiest for all concerned?

Especially as you should know I could not get Wusik 8008 to work either (constantly crashing all DAWs I tested it with). Didn't get much support with that did I?

I even said that when you get it working I will buy it again. Perhaps you thought I was trying to manipulate you? For 8 bucks and some free software that vanishes on sight.

You can refund me if you want William. All good.

Or you can keep the money.

Maybe one day you will get this software to at least the Beta stage and I can download it again, and who knows, maybe it will even work.

Implying that people are trying to cheat you is not a good look William. You knew who you were talking to. We've had a few good dealings in the past and all amicable. I post a lot on this forum and you will have seen me around and know that I have an absolutely insane amount of software. So much that I haven't even got around to installing a lot of it yet. And what is installed can hardly be used because I am drowning in it. All paid for.

I don't need to cheat you for 8 bucks, for a program that does not work.

In all my times of buying software, I have only ever ONCE asked for a refund. And I got it too. It was only for a tenner as well. No quibbles. Thanks Plugin Boutique!

A better course of action on your part would have been a small apology, then perhaps an offer of 'sure, I can refund the money no problem', followed up by a quick 'but if you give me a chance I'll get this working for you'.

As a developer, out of all the customers you have, and me finding this most unusual behaviour of your software, wouldn't YOU be curious to know why it was doing this? I would. If it was such an anomaly.

William, you need to stop releasing Alpha software that is not fit for purpose, and you need to get someone else to help you out with support to deal with your paying customers.

Enjoy your sandwich!

:party:

(Looking forward to installing Wusik X42 and seeing how that behaves. Then again, maybe I won't chance it. You can keep the money for that too.)

:tu:

@codec_spurt...

Did you ask Willy about the warranty ? :wink:
No auto tune...

I haven't read the whole thing as it's just too long and it is not nice from you to bring this here. I said, I'm offering support, I will fix the problem, but you didn't reply back. All my sales are final, is hard to know who is who and who is been true. Simple as that. Yes, I did hear from 2 other users about the not-loading problem. But you mentioned other very weird problems that I never heard about. ;-) So it looked shady, sorry, is just how it looks. But as I said, I offered support. I can fix this, and I will, of course. :hug: I will try to read the rest now...

PS: keep in mind that I'm only one guy doing the whole thing. I AM the company. Sometimes I reply quickly and it could sound rude.

Cheers

digitalboytn wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:20 pm @codec_spurt...

Did you ask Willy about the warranty ?

I didn't. I didn't like to mention it. Along with the 'Anti Crash Protection'.

:hyper:

Probably would have had more luck asking about the sanity clause! :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZQROJsdYF0

"NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!"

WilliamK wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:46 pm I haven't read the whole thing as it's just too long and it is not nice from you to bring this here. I said, I'm offering support, I will fix the problem, but you didn't reply back. All my sales are final, is hard to know who is who and who is been true. Simple as that. Yes, I did hear from 2 other users about the not-loading problem. But you mentioned other very weird problems that I never heard about. ;-) So it looked shady, sorry, is just how it looks. But as I said, I offered support. I can fix this, and I will, of course. :hug: I will try to read the rest now...

PS: keep in mind that I'm only one guy doing the whole thing. I AM the company. Sometimes I reply quickly and it could sound rude.

Cheers

No worries William. It's done. Not really any way back for you after implying that I was maybe trying to cheat you out of a tenner, possibly, maybe...

This isn't about the money as I said.

I didn't mention a word when you failed to provide support for Wusik 8008. I spent a whole day making up presets for it on a constantly crashing machine. I mailed them to you. Nice presets too. Didn't hear back. Didn't get support either.

I never once mentioned this anywhere or even hassled you about it as I could see you were having difficulties. As I was also, at the time.

It's about the fact that you all but accused me of trying to rip you off.

If you can't understand that, then I don't know what to say.

I won't be buying any more products from you. Your reply here just confirms that decision now.

It's time to part ways.

(But as a paying customer for Wusik 8008 and Wusik DLooper, I do expect an update at some point to a working version of the software I bought. I don't think that's unreasonable and I will remind you of that from time to time. As I will warn others that you are releasing unusable Alpha state software.)

You lost a friend in me, buddy.

I wish you well however. No hard feelings. Just won't buy any more of your software.

It was only a tenner.

If that is enough for you to fall out with somebody over, then...

Dude, I didn't know who you are. I speak with dozens of users every week. Sometimes hundreds. I totally forgot who you were. Sorry. Also, I never got your email about Wusik 8008. I'm using SupportBee for this reason, so I don't have problems with emails. Last week I found a 2-month-old email from one user, replied, never got a reply back. Emails are not good for communication.

In any event. I am working on Wusik DLooper code. Trying to figure out why it works perfectly on my machine and on some other machines it won't load a wave file. I think is the REX code somehow. It tries to load the wave file directly and it shouldn't. I will figure something out...

Return to “Instruments”