Call to Action: Charity 2019 ($31075 raised, charity ended)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Caine123 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:00 pm Bids are only possible with credit card? I oreferred paypal ...
Paypal takes their own cut from any donations, so it's less money for charity.

ilmai wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:45 am
Caine123 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:00 pm Bids are only possible with credit card? I oreferred paypal ...
Yep, its a shame that Paypal is so greedy that they can't even support a charity free of charges :roll:
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:05 am
ilmai wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:45 am
Yep, its a shame that Paypal is so greedy that they can't even support a charity free of charges :roll:
Yeah, but the new platform RallyUp can be said to be as greedy. If they could share their 4,9 % with the Paypal, more flexible paying was possible.

Pardon me i thought paypal offered a donationpayment as well.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I see the maxim "no good deed goes unpunished" continues to apply.

Be sure to check the auction page on a daily basis, over 40 developers have joined us already and today alone Sequential and Twisted Electrons have both donated hardware and XILS Lab have contributed with various synth licenses. :clap:
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

winning :wheee:

A few notes for previous participants:

1) Your bid does not show right away (mine took a few minutes) so last minute bidding will be very different than in the past. (Response from RallyUp: Good afternoon. It does take the system a few minutes to update the url.)

2) If there are several of the same items (like the Luftrum Bundle), the one item you bid on is the one that you will win. It is not like in the past where it Luftrum will take the top bids (correct me Luftrum if I am incorrect). At least this is how it appears to me when I bid. So you can outbid someone who bid $50, but others who bid $25 would win their bid.

Just to be clear, these are not complaints, just information.

NVM
Trance, Trance Is Life

rockhopper wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:50 pm A few notes for previous participants:

1) Your bid does not show right away (mine took a few minutes) so last minute bidding will be very different than in the past. (Response from RallyUp: Good afternoon. It does take the system a few minutes to update the url.)

2) If there are several of the same items (like the Luftrum Bundle), the one item you bid on is the one that you will win. It is not like in the past where it Luftrum will take the top bids (correct me Luftrum if I am incorrect). At least this is how it appears to me when I bid. So you can outbid someone who bid $50, but others who bid $25 would win their bid.

Just to be clear, these are not complaints, just information.
1) Thanks for the clarification, I actually thought it updated the bid immediately.

2) Yes, that is correct. It's quite different from past years, since you are bidding on specific items.

RallyUp got a system implemented, which is identical to how we found winners previous years. For identical items, I can enter the amount of contributions into a field and it will just take the highest bids and make them the winning bids. Then I don't need to set up X identical items, just one. This is too late to implement now though, since I went with an individual setup, maybe next year. :wink:
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

Caine123 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:09 am Pardon me i thought paypal offered a donationpayment as well.
They do, PayPal has a 'PayPalGiving Funds' option, but it's different from how RallyUp works. :)
Luftrum
Sound Designer

Luftrum wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:58 am
Caine123 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:09 am Pardon me i thought paypal offered a donationpayment as well.
They do, PayPal has a 'PayPalGiving Funds' option, but it's different from how RallyUp works. :)
Did Kvr charge anything, in 2018?

Harry_HH wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:01 am Did Kvr charge anything, in 2018?
Last year, the funds went to Save the Children and Plastic Oceans and I believe they got reduced or no fees at all, if they are registered as a charity in PayPal. But I am certain they still have a 2.5% transaction fee, when withdrawing money to their organisational bank account.
Luftrum
Sound Designer

can we just bid on stuff and not go over this, luftrum has in the past had a hell of a lot to deal with, it's not just about fees here and there, a streamlined service that takes a headache away from luftrum, all good :tu:

vurt wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:35 am can we just bid on stuff and not go over this, luftrum has in the past had a hell of a lot to deal with, it's not just about fees here and there, a streamlined service that takes a headache away from luftrum, all good :tu:
Because the bidding doesn´t happen in the Kvr, surely we must be allowed to share some thoughts of the process, without someone getting hurted.

Return to “Instruments”