Has the VSTi pipeline dried up?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
17234 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:56 am

vurt wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:52 am
wagtunes wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:49 am
vurt wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:33 am
layzer wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:25 am
try making a song with any of the kazillion vsti's already out there. :idea:
exactly! just try it.
never gonna happen, not without adding that new super shiny thing! how can you expect to be happy with "old" stuff.
massivex is so last month!
Song I just finished.

Pianoteq 6
EWQL Upright Bass
MODO Drums
Warp IV Brass and Woodwinds
Lead Vocal

That's it. Not a synth in the bunch. Will be posting it in Music Cafe shortly.

Point is, if I DO need a synth for some reason and I can't find one in the 100 plus that I already have, then I need to sell my stuff and take up scuba diving.
do they not do sarcasm in new joisey? ;)
I don't know. I live in New Jersey. Where's this Joisey place you're referring to?

And my response was just a general one. Not really meant as a reply to your sarcasm, which I did get by the way.

Too many people get hung up on the shiny new thing and forget about making music.

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
52044 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Has the VSTi pipeline dried up?

Post Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:58 am

it's where they drink coirfee in tv shows :P

User avatar
Forgotten
KVRAF
4517 posts since 15 Apr, 2019 from Nowhere

Re: Has the VSTi pipeline dried up?

Post Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:03 am

vurt wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:58 am
it's where they drink coirfee in tv shows :P
I thought it was a suburb of New York City :shrug:

sjm
KVRAF
1951 posts since 17 Apr, 2004

Re: Has the VSTi pipeline dried up?

Post Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:10 am

layzer wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:25 am
try making a song with any of the kazillion vsti's already out there. :idea:
To what end? I want the newest and bestest, and you don't get newer than released in the future. That's where the cool sounds be at.

Plus it's a great excuse for procrastinating. After all, the one synth that's really going to unleash my creative potential is always just around the corner!

Now off to play guitar. :band: :band2: :band2:
Voted KVR's resident drunk Robert Smith impersonator (thanks Frantz!)

https://soundcloud.com/steevm/

User avatar
layzer
KVRAF
6599 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Re: Has the VSTi pipeline dried up?

Post Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:25 pm

sjm wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:10 am
layzer wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:25 am
try making a song with any of the kazillion vsti's already out there. :idea:
To what end? I want the newest and bestest, and you don't get newer than released in the future. That's where the cool sounds be at.

Plus it's a great excuse for procrastinating. After all, the one synth that's really going to unleash my creative potential is always just around the corner!

Now off to play guitar. :band: :band2: :band2:
SJM gets it! now, off to make a bad ass new song with Steinberg NEON!!!! :party:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
52044 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Has the VSTi pipeline dried up?

Post Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:26 pm

Forgotten wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:03 am
vurt wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:58 am
it's where they drink coirfee in tv shows :P
I thought it was a suburb of New York City :shrug:
in the tv shows. :roll:
(its not a real place, think about it "new jumper" its obviously a joke name)

User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
24748 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Re: Has the VSTi pipeline dried up?

Post Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:52 pm

New Gansey :party: must be xmas

User avatar
toonertik
KVRAF
1794 posts since 15 Feb, 2017 from a worn out vinyl groove

Re: Has the VSTi pipeline dried up?

Post Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:57 pm

Hmmm VSTi pipeline...

Very Suitable Tube innit


I bet it's not as dry as my Pipeline...


Like it's all gonna end...

phew..
happy I went modular then ;)

tony10000
KVRian
538 posts since 4 Aug, 2017

Re: Has the VSTi pipeline dried up?

Post Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:15 pm

"...there's always more..." - Todd Rundgren -- "International Feel"

User avatar
telecode
KVRian
1138 posts since 24 Mar, 2015 from Toronto, Canada

Re: Has the VSTi pipeline dried up?

Post Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:48 pm

wagtunes wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:35 am
Even if the pipeline hasn't dried up, how many more synths do we need? Especially those of us who already have more than we probably should.
Blasphemy!!! The Lord has said thy pilgrims can never have enough VST synths!
Just a keep on a goin' a forward, without a single ounce of fear

Image

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
17234 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: Has the VSTi pipeline dried up?

Post Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:55 pm

telecode wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:48 pm
wagtunes wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:35 am
Even if the pipeline hasn't dried up, how many more synths do we need? Especially those of us who already have more than we probably should.
Blasphemy!!! The Lord has said thy pilgrims can never have enough VST synths!
Well, then the synth lord will just have to deal with me accordingly.

sjm
KVRAF
1951 posts since 17 Apr, 2004

Re: Has the VSTi pipeline dried up?

Post Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:02 pm

wagtunes wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:55 pm
telecode wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:48 pm
wagtunes wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:35 am
Even if the pipeline hasn't dried up, how many more synths do we need? Especially those of us who already have more than we probably should.
Blasphemy!!! The Lord has said thy pilgrims can never have enough VST synths!
Well, then the synth lord will just have to deal with me accordingly.
Are you lording your extensive collection over us?
Voted KVR's resident drunk Robert Smith impersonator (thanks Frantz!)

https://soundcloud.com/steevm/

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
17234 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: Has the VSTi pipeline dried up?

Post Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:03 pm

sjm wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:02 pm
wagtunes wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:55 pm
telecode wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:48 pm
wagtunes wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:35 am
Even if the pipeline hasn't dried up, how many more synths do we need? Especially those of us who already have more than we probably should.
Blasphemy!!! The Lord has said thy pilgrims can never have enough VST synths!
Well, then the synth lord will just have to deal with me accordingly.
Are you lording your extensive collection over us?
No. In fact, I hardly use synths in my music anymore.

User avatar
Forgotten
KVRAF
4517 posts since 15 Apr, 2019 from Nowhere

Re: Has the VSTi pipeline dried up?

Post Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:44 pm

vurt wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:26 pm
Forgotten wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:03 am
vurt wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:58 am
it's where they drink coirfee in tv shows :P
I thought it was a suburb of New York City :shrug:
in the tv shows. :roll:
(its not a real place, think about it "new jumper" its obviously a joke name)
Could have been worse - they almost called it New Sweater

Return to “Instruments”