Audiomodern releases Playbeat - Creative Groove Randomizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Playbeat 2

Its £39.95 at Plugin Boutique ... :o

Hi

The LOUD continuous sinewave in the demo is so annoying I couldn't even demo this!

With those updates coming, purchased. Looking forward to having a go. I don't usually buy before demoing but at the price and whatnot...

markmann wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:03 am Nice plug-in. But after just a few minutes it crashes Studio One 4.5.2 in all formats on Mac OS 10.12.6.
This crashing problem seems to be caused only by the demo. I bought it and the paid version doesn't seem to cause this crash. The plug-in is a lot of fun. You can quickly get a lot of interesting groove variations that will take a song in different directions.

v1.3.0 – 26 Oct. 2019
• MIDI Drag/Export & MIDI output
• Option to save presets with Samples
• Sample end-point selector
• Back/Next selector on sample slot

Nice! Cheers Devs :tu:

FR: Export to wav please, per track and also as a stereo mix :)

neverbeeninariot wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:06 pm FR: Export to wav please, per track and also as a stereo mix :)
Really?
Why not thinking even further and auto-mix and master the wav during the export?
Anything else?

Yes really. Generate beats, drag/export audio to daw, lather, rinse, repeat.

For sure, I could (do) record the output, but export functionality would be quicker.

If you need auto mix and master, that's fine, personally I can handle that...

Lol since when is export etc a too much to ask feature? Especially with such a plugin? Half baked plugin ....
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:51 pm Lol since when is export etc a too much to ask feature? Especially with such a plugin? Half baked plugin ....
MIDI export has just been implemented with the latest update. What he is asking for is WAV export. AND as stereo mix as well. Don´t you guys ever read before posting?

OMG that demo sine wave. The clashing tuning throws off any enjoyment while testing loops. As much as I do appreciate the updated features, I almost don't want to give this company my money for such an annoying trial. My cat runs out of the studio when the sine wave pitches up. Why so aggressive with the protection?

enCiphered wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:16 pm
Caine123 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:51 pm Lol since when is export etc a too much to ask feature? Especially with such a plugin? Half baked plugin ....
MIDI export has just been implemented with the latest update. What he is asking for is WAV export. AND as stereo mix as well. Don´t you guys ever read before posting?
yeah why not have midi export already in it? this is nothing you have to request afterwards and still WAV export is also in my opinion a must have for such plugins. yeah definitely! this way you can experiment and sample and loop etc. even better and in more ways. so it still lacks.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

***I have a question about Copy Protection Authorization***

On Audiomodern's website it says "Reliable internet connection for download delivery and product activation
Allows for activation on three (3) computers per serial code".

The copy protection method used by a company is very important to my purchase decision.

I only buy from companies where they give me a serial code or keycode that never needs to be reauthorized again. In other words, I don't want to have to worry about needing to contact the company again if I decide to authorize this on a new computer 10 years from now. I'm thinking that their restriction of (3) computers means they will always need an online authorization for any new install, which does not work for me. Can anyone clarify how their copy protection method works?

toine6 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:25 pmThe copy protection method used by a company is very important to my purchase decision.

I only buy from companies where they give me a serial code or keycode that never needs to be reauthorized again. In other words, I don't want to have to worry about needing to contact the company again if I decide to authorize this on a new computer 10 years from now. I'm thinking that their restriction of (3) computers means they will always need an online authorization for any new install, which does not work for me. Can anyone clarify how their copy protection method works?
It looks to me like it is a C/R copy protection mechanism that stores something on your hard disk, so that it does not require subsequent internet access after initial authorization. After initial authorization on my Windows 10 PC, the following hidden file is created:

Code: Select all

%APPDATA%\Audiomodern\Playbeat\.aumdplbt.lcs
Playbeat is currently on sale at timespace.com for £23.04 (exc. VAT).
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Here are my current feature request ideas for Playbeat; I would be interested to hear what others think of them:
  • Add the reverse and ping-pong playback directions that already exist in Riffer and Filterstep.
    Stretch goal: allow different playback direction for each track!
  • Allow ripple-edit to move the content of the track lanes up or down a lane; perhaps hold down a shift/alt/ctrl key while dragging to differentiate from track duplication feature (which is the current behavior of dragging a track up or down to another track lane).
  • Re-implement for four pages/tabs of four tracks to allow support for sixteen tracks. To be honest, I am not sure how well the existing poly-rhythmic features would work in this scenario. Also to support the previous idea, moving track lanes between track pages/tabs would then also be needed.
    An alternative to pages/tabs of tracks could be a scrolling listbox of tracks. :shrug:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

v2 has been released.
it looks like fun, found at JRRshop for about $35 in cart, anyone found elsewhere for cheaper?

Return to “Instruments”