Audiomodern releases Playbeat - Creative Groove Randomizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Playbeat 2

ejr wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:47 am Has anyone tried the demo version in Reaper? It seems to be very unstable and cause my pc to lock up randomly .....
I've had a LOT of problems like this in Reaper since v6. I've been on it since v3 and reluctantly moved to Ableton during the free trial, where the same problematic plugins work just fine.

i'll probably end up buying this, but that demo version is the most ANNOYING demo ever.
Reduced features coupled with the sine noise. It's a bit silly.
Maybe you can add some audio dropouts and noise swells to go with it?

sqigls wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:05 amfound at JRRshop for about $35 in cart, anyone found elsewhere for cheaper?
It can be had right now for £25.83 (~$31.50) at timespace.com.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:40 am
sqigls wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:05 amfound at JRRshop for about $35 in cart, anyone found elsewhere for cheaper?
It can be had right now for £25.83 (~$31.50) at timespace.com.
Shows £31 ($39) here (inc.VAT) ....

says $39

[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

billybuck wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:10 am
ejr wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:47 am Has anyone tried the demo version in Reaper? It seems to be very unstable and cause my pc to lock up randomly .....
I've had a LOT of problems like this in Reaper since v6. I've been on it since v3 and reluctantly moved to Ableton during the free trial, where the same problematic plugins work just fine.
same instability here with Reaper - except with a lot of other plugins so changed to Studio One and Bitwig where there are far less problems with plugins. Not sure what has happened with Reaper but it has gradually got less stable for plugins for me over the last few years until v6 became not worth the effort given other programs like Bitwig etc aren't having similar issues

I find plenty of use for both Playbeat and for Riffer. I got the pair for a very good price at Black Friday too. Impressed!

Not sure if the Audio Modern Playbeat dev(s) read this forum, but if they do please add an option to save your MIDI output settings globally or some other way to load/save them outside of presets and not just save them on a per-preset basis.
Just found out trying to map the MIDI outs to drive Algonaut Atlas that each time you load a new preset all your MIDI settings get wiped.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

new update with some kind of AI learning from the presets you mark as favorites, has anyone tried it yet?
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:40 am new update with some kind of AI learning from the presets you mark as favorites, has anyone tried it yet?
I downloaded the update about a half hour ago. Unfortunately, I haven't drummed up the motivation to install it yet. I picked up EZDrummer 2 during the Black Friday promotion, and as of late, it has been my go-to for all things drum-related. I'm sure I eventually will re-install Playbeat 3; I did re-install Riffer 3 on my PC not too long ago.

There's a video for Playbeat 3.1 covering the new AI learning capability. I should probably watch it.

I get some good patterns out of Playbeat 3 - but how to use it in a DAW, how to get those patterns out and into a DAW? It isn't started/stopped by Midi is it? Or ...? I just can't get my head around it.

Ultrabra wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:49 pm I get some good patterns out of Playbeat 3 - but how to use it in a DAW, how to get those patterns out and into a DAW? It isn't started/stopped by Midi is it? Or ...? I just can't get my head around it.
You can convert a pattern to audio within Playbeat and import it into your DAW. You can also have Playbeat start/stop in sync with your DAW transport.

I've been trying to record the midi but it only seems to record Track 1. Is this possible. Same in Ableton and Bitwig. I know you can drag the midi out but i'd like to have the temporary randomisations as midi too and it would be great to record a midi session jamming out.

Ahh found the All butoon but that records all tracks as C3. Hmm.

Fixed Note Output records a I want it to but of course moves the pitches of the notes.

There must be a simple way of just recording all the midi output as expected.

Return to “Instruments”