Dead Duck Deducktion updated to 1.2.3

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
Sinisterbr
KVRist
306 posts since 11 Mar, 2010

Post Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:33 pm

swatwork wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:05 pm
Sinisterbr wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:52 am
Is there a way to change labels (text) positions in the config file?
Most of the labels are provided by the graphics so you can move them by editing the background bitmaps, but not via the config file. A small number of labels (some of those in the lower tab sections such as OSC) are generated programmatically so will always have a fixed position.
Thank you. What about the knobs, are they also fixed position?

swatwork
KVRist
346 posts since 12 Jul, 2006

Re: Dead Duck Deducktion updated to 1.1.0

Post Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:15 am

Sinisterbr wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:33 pm
What about the knobs, are they also fixed position?
Yes, the knobs are fixed.

The sample theme shows all the available layout possibilites; there are no more 'hidden' layout settings, just what is listed in the attached config file.

User avatar
Sinisterbr
KVRist
306 posts since 11 Mar, 2010

Re: Dead Duck Deducktion updated to 1.1.0

Post Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:45 am

swatwork wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:15 am
Sinisterbr wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:33 pm
What about the knobs, are they also fixed position?
Yes, the knobs are fixed.

The sample theme shows all the available layout possibilites; there are no more 'hidden' layout settings, just what is listed in the attached config file.
Got it, thank you!

User avatar
Sinisterbr
KVRist
306 posts since 11 Mar, 2010

Re: Dead Duck Deducktion updated to 1.2.0

Post Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:46 am

Halonmusic wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:31 pm
Would you add FM or Ring mod in the future @swatwork?
That's a good question

User avatar
Halonmusic
KVRAF
3414 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Re: Dead Duck Deducktion updated to 1.2.0

Post Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:37 pm

Sinisterbr wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:46 am
Halonmusic wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:31 pm
Would you add FM or Ring mod in the future @swatwork?
That's a good question
Indeed.

@swatwork

Im having problems with the gui. Take a look at this screenshot:
deducktion gui oddities.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't be a Sheep. :borg: | Opinions matters :evil:

swatwork
KVRist
346 posts since 12 Jul, 2006

Re: Dead Duck Deducktion updated to 1.2.0

Post Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:04 am

Halonmusic wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:37 pm
Im having problems with the gui. Take a look at this screenshot:
It looks like the theme hasn't been updated for the changes introduced in 1.1. Compare it with the images in the new example theme to see what's missing.

User avatar
Halonmusic
KVRAF
3414 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Re: Dead Duck Deducktion updated to 1.2.0

Post Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:14 am

swatwork wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:04 am
Halonmusic wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:37 pm
Im having problems with the gui. Take a look at this screenshot:
It looks like the theme hasn't been updated for the changes introduced in 1.1. Compare it with the images in the new example theme to see what's missing.
Ah i see. Does that mean i have to replace the nackground images with new ones? I didnt try to create my own background though.
Don't be a Sheep. :borg: | Opinions matters :evil:

swatwork
KVRist
346 posts since 12 Jul, 2006

Re: Dead Duck Deducktion updated to 1.2.0

Post Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:30 am

Halonmusic wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:14 am
Does that mean i have to replace the nackground images with new ones?
You could try replacing/renaming the images in the theme but I doubt you would get very good results as the lower tab section has changed significantly from version 1.0.

Ideally the theme needs to be updated to take account of the new tab layout and also to provide a matching background for the new single-page view.

User avatar
Halonmusic
KVRAF
3414 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Re: Dead Duck Deducktion updated to 1.2.0

Post Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:57 am

swatwork wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:30 am
Halonmusic wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:14 am
Does that mean i have to replace the nackground images with new ones?
You could try replacing/renaming the images in the theme but I doubt you would get very good results as the lower tab section has changed significantly from version 1.0.

Ideally the theme needs to be updated to take account of the new tab layout and also to provide a matching background for the new single-page view.
Ok thanks :)
Don't be a Sheep. :borg: | Opinions matters :evil:

User avatar
Sinisterbr
KVRist
306 posts since 11 Mar, 2010

Re: Dead Duck Deducktion updated to 1.2.0

Post Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:50 pm

Hi Swatwork. Can I make a couple request?

Could you please change (or give us an option to) the way the parameters work? I'm having a really hard time getting used to it. I'm all about workflow, and after spending some time with Deducktion, it's not doing it for me. The values in the knobs are set in a radial way, when it should be in only one axis (up/down or left/right). It's too sensitive, and I spend way more time trying to tweak a knob than I should. Not only that, ALL the parameters work in a radial way! (like master volume, or the mod matrix).

The other request: Sometimes I just want to know the current value in a given knob, and only hovering the mouse over it won't show the value. Is there a way to make it happen?

Thanks,

Rodrigo

User avatar
Sinisterbr
KVRist
306 posts since 11 Mar, 2010

Re: Dead Duck Deducktion updated to 1.2.0

Post Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:39 pm

double post

User avatar
Sinisterbr
KVRist
306 posts since 11 Mar, 2010

Re: Dead Duck Deducktion updated to 1.2.0

Post Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:43 pm

Btw, I was crafting a theme for personnal use, just for fun. I may release it at some point.

User avatar
Halonmusic
KVRAF
3414 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Re: Dead Duck Deducktion updated to 1.2.0

Post Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:52 pm

@sinisterbr hovering over the knobs + left click will show the current value
Don't be a Sheep. :borg: | Opinions matters :evil:

swatwork
KVRist
346 posts since 12 Jul, 2006

Re: Dead Duck Deducktion updated to 1.2.0

Post Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:56 am

Sinisterbr wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:50 pm
The values in the knobs are set in a radial way, when it should be in only one axis (up/down or left/right). It's too sensitive, and I spend way more time trying to tweak a knob than I should. Not only that, ALL the parameters work in a radial way! (like master volume, or the mod matrix).
All the parameter knobs in Deducktion are coded to respond to a linear motion; vertically, horizontally or some angle in between. I don't know why you think they are radial, perhaps your DAW is overriding the default behaviour?

If you want to see the value of a pop-up parameter without affecting the value right-click on the knob.

User avatar
Halonmusic
KVRAF
3414 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Re: Dead Duck Deducktion updated to 1.2.0

Post Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:40 am

@swatwork pwm on all waveforms would be cool :)
Don't be a Sheep. :borg: | Opinions matters :evil:

Return to “Instruments”