Babylon Synth by W.A Production

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Babylon

I personally don't have a problem with BONES or better any of his postings as he always explain his POV and he never insulted anybody just for the fun of it.

BONES: Keep it up! Good to have you here! :tu:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

No built in arpeggiator right???

No, we have sequencers for that stuff.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Is a sequencer the sane as an arp? That's news to me.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

By sequencer I was referring to your host software. The thing you would incorrectly call a "DAW". (A DAW is the hardware and software combination.) I don't know about yours, but one of mine includes several MIDI arp effects and the other has an arp built into the piano roll. One of my MIDI controllers also has an arp built in. At $10 Babylon's lack of an arp is hardly a deal-breaker, is it?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Didn't say it was a deal breaker.

I said an arp isn't the same as my DAW and is a useful feature for synths regardless of their price.

BTW, a DAW is a what? By definition combo of HW and SW? Commom parlance drives meaning in modern English, if enough folks refer to Orion or Logic as a DAW, it's a DAW.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:46 am Didn't say it was a deal breaker.

I said an arp isn't the same as my DAW and is a useful feature for synths regardless of their price.

BTW, a DAW is a what? By definition combo of HW and SW? Commom parlance drives meaning in modern English, if enough folks refer to Orion or Logic as a DAW, it's a DAW.
Well, you know, you can only run a DAW when you have the hardware, soo...yeah. A PC is hardware.
Orion is by definition a DAW, ofcourse, but you need hardware to run it :tu:

No, actually Orion is a "Virtual Studio" application. I get why people stopped thinking of a DAW as a sot/hardware system, when the big software players became one-stop shops for everything you might ever need to do to audio, but Orion never aspired to be that "all things to all people" kind of cluster-f**k. Rich maintained his focus on what it did best and managed to avoid the temptation of bolting everything under the sun to it, like FL Studio.
revvy wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:46 amDidn't say it was a deal breaker.
Who cares what you said? I wasn't responding to anything you wrote, you just felt the need to butt in.
Good for you.
If you wish to lower yourself to the level of common fools, have at it, but I try to hold myself to a higher standard.

BONES wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:49 am I try to hold myself to a higher standard.
Well, if you don't succeed, try, try, try, try, etc again

BONES wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:49 am No, actually Orion is a "Virtual Studio" application. I get why people stopped thinking of a DAW as a sot/hardware system, when the big software players became one-stop shops for everything you might ever need to do to audio, but Orion never aspired to be that "all things to all people" kind of cluster-f**k. Rich maintained his focus on what it did best and managed to avoid the temptation of bolting everything under the sun to it, like FL Studio.
Well, no. You're just wrong. Orion ís a digital audio workstation. You can record, arrange and edit audio in this software and it has the tools to do so extensively. Although Orion's focus is MIDI, you still can do all the above. So there you have it; it ís a DAW.

You mean like in a real studio? So "virtual studio" would be a pretty good description, then, wouldn't it? But you are arguing something I don't accept anyway. I don't accept that Cubase or Logic or Live or anything else is a DAW because the word "workstation" implies that I can get work done without anything other than that piece of kit, which clearly is not the case. When I sat down with my Korg M1, I could create finished tracks without any other equipment, which made it a workstation. When I sit in front of my workstation at the office, I can get all my work done. When I stare at the box containing the Orion install disc that I bought, I can't get anything at all done. It's a pretty box, though.

BONES wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:06 pm When I sit in front of my workstation at the office, I can get all my work done.
Without the software? Well, good luck :D

BONES wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:06 pm You mean like in a real studio? So "virtual studio" would be a pretty good description, then, wouldn't it? But you are arguing something I don't accept anyway. I don't accept that Cubase or Logic or Live or anything else is a DAW because the word "workstation" implies that I can get work done without anything other than that piece of kit, which clearly is not the case. When I sat down with my Korg M1, I could create finished tracks without any other equipment, which made it a workstation. When I sit in front of my workstation at the office, I can get all my work done. When I stare at the box containing the Orion install disc that I bought, I can't get anything at all done. It's a pretty box, though.
You can call it a 'virtual studio', you can call it how you want, that doesn't make you right ofcourse..it is still a DAW. I don't care if you don't accept that. It is just how it is.

exmatproton wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:30 pm
BONES wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:06 pm You mean like in a real studio? So "virtual studio" would be a pretty good description, then, wouldn't it? But you are arguing something I don't accept anyway. I don't accept that Cubase or Logic or Live or anything else is a DAW because the word "workstation" implies that I can get work done without anything other than that piece of kit, which clearly is not the case. When I sat down with my Korg M1, I could create finished tracks without any other equipment, which made it a workstation. When I sit in front of my workstation at the office, I can get all my work done. When I stare at the box containing the Orion install disc that I bought, I can't get anything at all done. It's a pretty box, though.
You can call it a 'virtual studio', you can call it how you want, that doesn't make you right ofcourse..it is still a DAW. I don't care if you don't accept that. It is just how it is.
Why do you fight for little things. If he wants to call it virtual studio and not a DAW, it's totally ok. That doesn't make him wrong. He just have a different definition for "workstation". Let him have his opinion. No need to shame him.

StardragonEX wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:21 am
exmatproton wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:30 pm
Why do you fight for little things. If he wants to call it virtual studio and not a DAW, it's totally ok. That doesn't make him wrong. He just have a different definition for "workstation". Let him have his opinion. No need to shame him.
He claims Orion isn't a DAW. It is, so he is wrong. We have enough misinformation on the internet.

Return to “Instruments”