Babylon Synth by W.A Production

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Babylon

I'm a bit pissed off with WA Prod. about this. I asked if I could get the expansions for Babylon , maybe they'd throw me a deal seeing as I own Babylon anyway. Just telling me to buy it again to get the deal wasn't very helpful. I don't want 2 copies of it. Companies that show a bit of "nouse" and do something for a loyal user who spends money on their products goes a long way to keeping them as a customer.

No big deal, but just a simple annoyance.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Same applied to me, I bought it anyways. Paid 10 for the Synth and 10 for 2 expansions. In the end $20 for everything was worth it to me. Been using it more lately when drunk and lazy, has some easy to customize presets that fit some chaos of mine.

Oh crap, there's another expansion now... Oh well, 2.5k presets, good enough. Or is it?

LeVzi wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:22 am I'm a bit pissed off with WA Prod. about this. I asked if I could get the expansions for Babylon , maybe they'd throw me a deal seeing as I own Babylon anyway. Just telling me to buy it again to get the deal wasn't very helpful. I don't want 2 copies of it. Companies that show a bit of "nouse" and do something for a loyal user who spends money on their products goes a long way to keeping them as a customer.

Understandable if the business model is to sell sounds and the synth is just the appetizer...

exmatproton wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:14 amHe claims Orion isn't a DAW. It is, so he is wrong. We have enough misinformation on the internet.
OK, then, if you believe what you're saying, prove it. Find one piece of Orion marketing that refers to Orion as a DAW. Here, for example, is the opening paragraph of Music Radar's review of Orion v8 -

"While other DAWs and software studios have achieved blockbuster status, this one-stop virtual studio for Windows has quietly grown and evolved..."

See, Music Radar made the distinction between a DAW and what Orion is (was). They would have put both FL Studio and Reason in the same category, of course.

Sound on Sound - "Orion Pro 3 offered an effective, Reason-like virtual software studio..."

This page has all of Synapse's Orion related press releases. Go through and see if you can find even one reference to it being a DAW - https://www.kvraudio.com/product/orion- ... audio/news
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

LeVzi wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:22 am I'm a bit pissed off with WA Prod. about this. I asked if I could get the expansions for Babylon , maybe they'd throw me a deal seeing as I own Babylon anyway. Just telling me to buy it again to get the deal wasn't very helpful. I don't want 2 copies of it. Companies that show a bit of "nouse" and do something for a loyal user who spends money on their products goes a long way to keeping them as a customer.
Really? You don't think the presets it ships with are enough? I think it ships with way too many presets. I'd be tempted to pay extra for a version with just 100 or so carefully curated patches. I have better things to do than wade through thousands of presets.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:11 am
exmatproton wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:14 amHe claims Orion isn't a DAW. It is, so he is wrong. We have enough misinformation on the internet.
OK, then, if you believe what you're saying, prove it. Find one piece of Orion marketing that refers to Orion as a DAW. Here, for example, is the opening paragraph of Music Radar's review of Orion v8 -

"While other DAWs and software studios have achieved blockbuster status, this one-stop virtual studio for Windows has quietly grown and evolved..."

See, Music Radar made the distinction between a DAW and what Orion is (was). They would have put both FL Studio and Reason in the same category, of course.

Sound on Sound - "Orion Pro 3 offered an effective, Reason-like virtual software studio..."

This page has all of Synapse's Orion related press releases. Go through and see if you can find even one reference to it being a DAW - https://www.kvraudio.com/product/orion- ... audio/news
"Orion is what Hollywood would call a "sleeper". While other DAWs and software studios have achieved blockbuster status, this one-stop virtual studio for Windows has quietly grown and evolved, picking up a number of fiercely dedicated users along the way."

Other DAWs. From 2011 when the term wasn't as all encompassing as it is now. They're not making a distinction, they're comparing.

Cmon man.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

"Is it a fully fleshed out DAW? That depends upon your needs. Audio editing is kept to a bare minimum, though you do get basic functions such as normalise and reverse audio. It's nothing like what we've come to expect from, say, Cubase, or even FL Studio, though"

Bit less than a good DAW but depends on your needs. A sub-DAW if you will.

Bones, I'm beginning to think you just like nit picking, which as you said yourself, is generally reserved for losers.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

OK, then, if you believe what you're saying, prove it. Find one piece of Orion marketing that refers to Orion as a DAW.
I already gave you the definition of a DAW.

OK, then, if you believe what you're saying, prove it. Find one piece of Orion marketing that refers to Orion as a DAW.
Btw, from Richard himself;

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=372236&p=5229961&hilit=DAW#p5229961

exmatproton wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:16 pm
Btw, from Richard himself;

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=372236&p=5229961&hilit=DAW#p5229961
Pwned.

revvy wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:26 amFrom 2011 when the term wasn't as all encompassing as it is now. They're not making a distinction, they're comparing.
So you are agreeing with me now - DAW has a meaning that people have ignored in their laziness and no apply to anything that hosts VST plugins. What really gets me is that they are so lazy they can't even pronounce it D-A-W, they just call them "doors", which instantly reminds me of Homer Simpson.

Pwned.
[/quote]
Except he wasn't using it to describe Orion, but as a reference to the thread title, kind of like this - "too hard to ride a bicycle, I could teach my grandmother to ride a scooter in 2 minutes."

Mmmmm, nits. Enjoy!

(bones how utterly gracelsess you are in defeat, it's delicious to see)

BONES wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:12 am
Pwned.
Except he wasn't using it to describe Orion, but as a reference to the thread title, kind of like this - "too hard to ride a bicycle, I could teach my grandmother to ride a scooter in 2 minutes."
[/quote]

Hahahahahahahahaha...

Amazing

^ Quoting's bit f**ked up, bones pwned me now lol

Parallel universe.

Return to “Instruments”