Massive X v1.1.0 has been released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dionenoid wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:26 pm
AnX wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:11 pm like Germans use LFOs and Dutch use MSEG's?
Don't be ridiculous. Everybody knows it's the other way around : we Dutch love lfo's and German are more the mseg kind of people.
Germans love Wurst and Bier but not MSEG or LFO! :clown:

zvenx wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:12 pm Odd.
Indeed was suppose to be off by default.
rsp
No, it was indeed supposed to be enabled by default.

Can anybody download the library update right now?

Native Access says "waiting" and doesn't let me skip or retry, nor quit. For half an hour already i think.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

updated 5min ago..no probs..try downloading/updating one at a time - app then lib..
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

AcrossTheSky wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:10 pm try downloading/updating one at a time - app then lib..
Thant's what i did, updated the app first, then tried the lib but no luck :( Still

try updating offline:
https://we.tl/t-5TSWbUiKEL
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

Thanks, just have sorted this. Killed Native Access in task manager, restarted and it worked out.

Might be because i still use Win7, but Native Access is the buggiest piece of software I ever had installed :tantrum:

Some cool presets in there tho

Win7 :o

No problems with update speed here either, but installed on Mac in my case.

mholloway wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:21 pm Very happy about this update. Still lots more I want to see, but I'm totally sold on MX for its sound quality, the performers (total powerhouses, those, once you get past the initial learning curve), and the insert / send effects are stellar. Still want to see realtime visualization of modulation, and still want the envelope knobs to move a little faster, but I think it will get there...

The dark mode looks great. The new presets are top-notch. Envelope visualization is certainly a "should have been there to begin with," so, yeah, good.

I can make sounds with this synth that I can't make with anything else I own. If they keep fixing up the UI, it will be my workhorse...
This will be my workhorse :D :tu:

Duel Sterio Multimode Filters – 60 Filter types including good analog filters (and oscillators), you can FM just about anything, a very good WT editor inc paint your own and some of the best and most original re-synthesis types I have seen (this was always Icarus strengths) – Oh, and everything on the display is animated :D - what you see is what you hear!

Those new sequencers (drum, chord, arp, glitch etc) seem to have a performance bias, and 1500 included pre-sets is pretty generous. This is tough competition for Massive X, great to see the bar being raised, we all benit from that!

https://youtu.be/J0eG-gormy8
Last edited by SLiC on Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Those Tone2 GUIs remind me of Poly-Ana. It’s far too busy and completely OTT. It also doesn’t sound as good as Massive X if that demo is any indication of final quality.
Last edited by v1o on Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

SLiC wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:42 am This will be my workhorse :D :tu:

https://youtu.be/J0eG-gormy8
Good for you.

To each their own, I watched that video and some sounds were indeed nice but I couldn't shake the feeling that all goodness came from various glitchning trickery and the base sound of the synth was not really that great. I have some old Icarus demo and frankly I was never convinced about the sound, kinda good but not MX or Rapid level good. Software-ish.

MX is all about the base sound for me.

Well, I own and use Icarus, Rapid, MX (Avenger, Falcon, Pigments etc) side by side in my studio and I guess I just don't hear what you guys hear (probably because I am a guitarist primarily ;-)

Massive X just sounds like another WT synth to me, sure the (Monark) filters are nice, but the synth is pretty basic compared to the other I use regularly, and I personally already prefer the 'sound' of Icarus to MX, so for me, the I2 update is the one to watch.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I own Icarus and like it very much but that video isn't the best demonstration of the breadth of sounds it's capable of making. For me Massive X and Icarus sound different enough and have unique features that justify keeping both.

SLiC wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:04 am I personally already prefer the 'sound' of Icarus to MX, so for me, the I2 update is the one to watch.
Sure, what you hear and what you like is the most improtant for you.

E.g. nobody will ever convince me that Virus TI is not the greatest sounding synth overall ever made by mankind, but I know many people think it sounds nothing speical or even dislike it. :)
Luckily for me, softwares like Massixe X and Rapid and some others come close to the Virus quialities I like the most and even surpass it in some aspects.

And luckily we have plently of equally good synths to choose from these days so everyone can find something that fits best :tu:

Return to “Instruments”