Any new classic synth emus on the horizon? Moog, Arp, Obie?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

abernathy wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:44 pm
fmr wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:00 pm What do you find wrong in the DX7 V GUI?
I prefer a flat GUI like Repro as opposed to the 3D perspective view. Only complaint I have about PolyM as well. Poor use of screen space and harder to see controls. I also find the Arturia preset manager to be a bit gimmicky. None of it is awful, just not my favorite.
Actually, most of the DX7 V GUI is flat :shrug:. Only the lower part of the main panel has a somehow inclined perspective. But the cpontrols there aren't many, and certainly not the most important (only four macro sliders that can be MIDI controlled, and a few other knobs and buttons. The upper part, where reside all the main editing pages, is as flat as it can be.

And RePro isn't flat either (you must be confusing it with something else). Anyway, we are discussing completely different synths.

Regarding the Arturia preset manager, it is a well thought data-base-type preset manager. I don't see what's there not to like.

But I accept that :shrug: Each one is entitled to have an opinion. If you don't like it, there's not much one can do about it.
Fernando (FMR)

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I hope all the Kevin Moore (Chroma Key, ex Dream Theater) stuff... :-)

BlackWinny wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:46 am My dreams to be released one day as plugins :
And two synths beloved to my heart:
Hey, if you want, I have a free emulation of the Kaway SX-240, sounds not bad... ;-)

Turello wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:37 pm
BlackWinny wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:46 am My dreams to be released one day as plugins :
Hey, if you want, I have a free emulation of the Kaway SX-240, sounds not bad... ;-)
Who made it?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:43 pm
Who made it?
VANGELIS SPANAKAKIS

Can't say I'm hoping for anything more really. I wouldn't mind a really good MS-20 (Diva is almost there but not quite).
With Repro-1/5, Legend, Odyssey, TAL Juno and 101, Dexed, PPG3, OP-X-Pro, Roland D-50 and 106 (my likely cloud choices), whichever 303, and a few others... thats' a heck of a bundle of stuff that sounds just like the hardware equivalent. And that's before even getting to the non-emulations like Omnisphere and Komplete stuff. Where would we find to use all this stuff. No more please!

fmr wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:28 am
abernathy wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:44 pm
fmr wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:00 pm What do you find wrong in the DX7 V GUI?
I prefer a flat GUI like Repro as opposed to the 3D perspective view. Only complaint I have about PolyM as well. Poor use of screen space and harder to see controls. I also find the Arturia preset manager to be a bit gimmicky. None of it is awful, just not my favorite.
Actually, most of the DX7 V GUI is flat :shrug:. Only the lower part of the main panel has a somehow inclined perspective. But the cpontrols there aren't many, and certainly not the most important (only four macro sliders that can be MIDI controlled, and a few other knobs and buttons. The upper part, where reside all the main editing pages, is as flat as it can be.

And RePro isn't flat either (you must be confusing it with something else). Anyway, we are discussing completely different synths.

Regarding the Arturia preset manager, it is a well thought data-base-type preset manager. I don't see what's there not to like.

But I accept that :shrug: Each one is entitled to have an opinion. If you don't like it, there's not much one can do about it.
I like the photo-realistic but non-perspective GUIs like Repro and The Legend. Like I said, I don't think DX7 V is awful, but Arturia gets too gimmicky for my tastes, and their plugins have gotten slow to load on my fast iMac and I assume its all the fancy graphics/animations. And it just looks silly to me to see the slightly angled DX7 with all the blank space around it. The new preset manager also isn't bad, I just like u-he's design better where I see multiple columns instead of a scrolling list.

The other problem I have with Arturia (and Kontakt as well) is the continual upgrading to new versions that aren't backwards compatible. So I now have 3 versions of CS80V, one of which is 32bit - I'll need to go back and upgrade every project I did with the 32-bit version one. I understand an all-new version when there are fundamental changes, but Arturia does it every time to every instrument - feels more like a marketing gimmick.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:51 am The other day, somebody told me they don't like Geddy Lee's voice. That it actually makes them cringe. I love Geddy Lee's voice and wish I could sing half as good as him.

Point is this. All of this, and I mean ALL of this, is 100% subjective. No two people are going to agree on everything. The question is, is there enough of a demand from consumers to warrant creating "XYZ" synth,
Surely that should be "warrent creating "YYZ" synth"?

Not according to.....

http://www.dumbtionary.com/word/warrent.shtml

Anyway bring on the new synths. But an Ensoniq VFX emulation might get my interest. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:13 pm Not according to.....

http://www.dumbtionary.com/word/warrent.shtml

Anyway bring on the new synths. But an Ensoniq VFX emulation might get my interest. :tu:
I think you missed the RUSH joke...

Turello wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:12 pm
Who made it?
VANGELIS SPANAKAKIS
Yes, yes, yes, I'm interested.
:)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Turello wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:34 pm I hope all the Kevin Moore (Chroma Key, ex Dream Theater) stuff... :-)
So that's mostly DW-8000 and JD-800. You can get very close to JD-800 with Roland Cloud JV-1080, actually.

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:33 pm
Turello wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:34 pm I hope all the Kevin Moore (Chroma Key, ex Dream Theater) stuff... :-)
So that's mostly DW-8000 and JD-800. You can get very close to JD-800 with Roland Cloud JV-1080, actually.
It's strange but i don't like how sounds Roland and Arturia VSTs... BTW thanks... :-)

BlackWinny wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:30 pm
Turello wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:12 pm
Who made it?
VANGELIS SPANAKAKIS
Yes, yes, yes, I'm interested.
:)
32 bit only...

Return to “Instruments”