Ujam Virtual Guitarist Carbon

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Virtual Guitarist Carbon

HZ is a founder? Never knew that.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

...and Pharrell too. :oops:

Vvv
Last edited by revvy on Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Honestly I have no idea what you're talking about... More details?

Vvv
Last edited by revvy on Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tried reamping Paranoid (0 severity, null focus) using Unfilter ("Remove LP" preset, tweaked) to remove the amp and EQ. Recovered a guitar pluck sound but had some difficulty adjusting it to get what the Carbon manual calls the "wuggeda" (basically the weird distorted "wah" sound) to sound good, though that was less of an issue once the new amp added sufficient distortion.

Google search for "wuggeda" turns up nothing music-related other than the Carbon manual. Is it a play on "wah"? Misspelling of a common metal term?

But Unfilter takes up a lot of cpu.

Compared to Iron, it seems like most of Carbon's "style" phrases sound significantly worse away from their recorded BPM. Maybe I'll be able to fix that a bit by editing the midi... but the drag and drop midi sounds different (and generally worse) than the corresponding pattern.

Ou_Tis wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:32 pm the drag and drop midi sounds different (and generally worse) than the corresponding pattern.
Weird. I haven't noticed the drag and drop thing yet, so obviously I haven't checked it. But you mean it's actually not the case that the MIDI riff is what's played in the software? That makes no sense to me!
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

SparkySpark wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:32 pm
Ou_Tis wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:32 pm the drag and drop midi sounds different (and generally worse) than the corresponding pattern.
Weird. I haven't noticed the drag and drop thing yet, so obviously I haven't checked it. But you mean it's actually not the case that the MIDI riff is what's played in the software? That makes no sense to me!
I think the Player mode is based on samples of a guitarist playing each loop, whereas the midi drag and drop recreates them from the Instrument mode using individual notes and chords.

Ou_Tis wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:42 pm
SparkySpark wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:32 pm
I think the Player mode is based on samples of a guitarist playing each loop, whereas the midi drag and drop recreates them from the Instrument mode using individual notes and chords.
Thanks, this sound logical, so it sort makes sense (though perhaps not so much anyway) (though still kinda) (though I don't know...) :lol:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

thanks for the tips i ll try it out. I m still running the trail mode but i really like it so far

Return to “Instruments”